Maybe there is something not definable by man. 93 32.86%
There is nothing such as GOD. 37 13.07%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 22:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

I believe in God.
But there are some incidents that make me seriously question my belief.
Old 21st January 2008, 22:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

I can write a complete book on this. Been reading books on Budhism for some time.
But in short, yes, there is a power that made this perfect human body, the nature, the earth, the universe.

But some people question that if god exists, then why is there suffering, pain for some, while comfort, enjoyment for others ? Why some are born poor, some rich? Why some die prematurely, some live a 100 years?

The answer lies in the principal of reincarnation. Everything that happens in this life is a consequence of our past lives. And its the God(or anything that you want to call that supreme power) that controls the process of reincarnation, and deciding on how our next life would be.

Last edited by DCEite : 21st January 2008 at 22:15.
Old 21st January 2008, 22:28   #63
BHPian

Can we add one more choice there

as per Hindu , Sikh and other eastern Philosophy JUST GOD EXIST and nothin else

So one more choice could be
THE ONLY THING THAT EXIST IS GOD

just a suggestion if Mods like it

Jatinder Singh
Old 21st January 2008, 22:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

I recently discovered that religion is important part of our culture, it brings us together, and makes a strong perception of one's self (think presidential candidates).

so for my family, my son and everybody else, I have started to take religion seriously. I grew up hating religious activities. But being in US, my son needs to know what his religion is, let alone hate or like it.
Old 21st January 2008, 22:57   #65
Team-BHP Support

also what I feel is that one can either be a believer or a non-believer. one should not say that he/she believes in God but does not believe in Ghosts. also I would request the members to just write whether he/she believes in God or not, one should not try to give proofs about the existense or non-existence. Then only this thread will remain free of nasty outbursts. anyway this is my opinion only.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:26   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I believe that god exists. But I simply refuse to believe their presence in noisy overcrowded major pilgrim centers. When I see beauty of nature, that's where I feel god's presence. Ancient and quiet temples come next.

In complete agreement there
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
In complete agreement there
As said in the Mahabharat: A pure heart is purer than the purest place of pilgrimage.
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:22   #68
BHPian

I believe in something not understood of defineable by man as the power or the mastermind behind creation. How else do you explain the phenomenon of the Golden ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ??

There is obviously someone or something behind these definitions.

Talking of Religion - a big NO. After all if the creator wanted relgions to exist, we surely would have had Hindu Cows and Christian Horses..

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:31   #69
BHPian

I believe in God, as my prayers have been answered.

I have lived a very rich life, and then a very poor life, which is a difficult transition, many a times I have questioned a lot of things, very similar to a lot of posts here, in the end I have come to terms with myself and my reality. I have also realised that it is in poor times one thinks of God more.

In the past couple of years, my fortunes have gone better, but I suppose it was necessary for me to see bad times, as I appreciate good times more now, and thank the one above for everything.

There is definetely some sort of power above us, call it God or anything else that you may like, but there is definetely something.
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:38   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I believe in something not understood of defineable by man as the power or the mastermind behind creation. How else do you explain the phenomenon of the Golden ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ?
After reading that Wiki article and trying to make sense of it, I'm not surprised so many people believe in god — it's much simpler to believe in a supreme omnipotent being than trying to work out things scientifically. As Woody Allen once said: not only is there no god, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Talking of Religion - a big NO. After all if the creator wanted relgions to exist, we surely would have had Hindu Cows and Christian Horses.
Agree completely. Research has shown that the genetic makeup of humans and chimps are very similar, so it's remarkably vain to consider humans as being the only species endowed with a realisation of god. Animals are far more intuitive than us, and most of them possess much sharper senses, yet they don't give a fig to our representations of god — any god. Sensible creatures.
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:56   #71
BHPian

I pray regularly and I have never been let down whenever I have asked for blessings.
Even on the coldest of nights (in Pune), the engine roars to life after a silent prayer (and much cranking) to Rudolf Diesel.
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:35   #72
BHPian

I do belive in God. I pray daily without asking for anything. I know that there is someone, somewhere who listens to me, who understands me, who knows if I am doing it right or wrong.
I do not want to discuss nor I want to explain about it. Its just my personal opinion.
An incident:-
Once I went to Azmer Sharif with my few friends, there we bought a chadar. There I saw that these chadars bought by pilgrimes come back to shop and they sell it again. so this way, they keep making money with the same piece again and again. But this is another story.
When I entered the room, where tomb of garib nawaz is located, I started feeling like crying and my eyes were almost like filled. I didn't know whats going on but I didn't say to anyone. Later on other day, when we were chatting about the trip, one of guy said that he felt like crying, as soon as he entered in the same room. There I came to know that everyone was feeling the samething, where we were in the room.

Last edited by anonymous : 22nd January 2008 at 17:35. Reason: :-)
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

@DCEite: completely with you. i too have posted something similar and more in post #45.
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:41   #74
BHPian

Guys i am not joking here but i am still to decide even after 35 yrs of my life whether God exists or not.
I have gone through different phases of life and in some i refused to believe in God but other times i must admit i think my prayers had been answered whenever i did.
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:45   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo View Post
I pray regularly and I have never been let down whenever I have asked for blessings.
Even on the coldest of nights (in Pune), the engine roars to life after a silent prayer (and much cranking) to Rudolf Diesel.
good one @Alfa_Kilo.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks