Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2005, 12:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

cassette/worldspace to CD??

Hi Guys

Anyone out there who can help me with this? how do i burn CDs from my worldspace unit and how do i burn CDs from audio tapes?

Thanks!
Amitoj
Old 20th August 2005, 14:24   #2
BHPian

Hi amitoj,

Dunno bout worldspace as I have yet to see one but from old style Audio tapes (Cassettes) is rather easy.

Connect the tape player to your computer audio line-in (Sound Card jack at the back, if you have one or else use your Motherboard manual to find the Line-in connecter for your on-board sound card). At the Player end, use the headphone jack else if you have L/R Audio-in for the computer, you can use the L/R Audio-out jacks of the player using standard RCA cables.

Download a good Audio recording software (I use MusicMatch version 7). In the recording source, just drop-down the list and select Line-in as the source.

You can record using .wav or mp3 or oggvorbis formats depending on what you prefer.

I have converted about 20-odd tapes to .mp3's and it works well.

Cheers
Old 22nd August 2005, 12:21   #3
Team-BHP Support

Its the same wether its a cassete player or a Worldspace player. you can use Audio Jacks for both. But check one thing if your worldspace has Digital out. If yes then you need a sound card with Digital in. So you have lossless sound data with you. In case of audio you have Digital -> Audio(analog) -> Digital and it will lead to loss in quality. Since Cassete is analog, it does not make a difference and a good quality Audio cable will give you great results.

Take care into one thing, if you are using audio jack, make sure you use a Shielded cable. Computers generate a lot of noise, so your regular cables may suffer from lot of interference noise.
Old 23rd August 2005, 00:27   #4
BHPian

What is worldspace unit ? if it is similar to audio cassete which has a stereo o/p, u need a good sound cards preferably SB live which has stereo inputs,not to mention a good quality shielded audio cables, U will need to capture the audio first in audio software like soundforge or Cooledit pro, for professional work u can use nuendo, Once its captured u can save and burn to whatever form u want ,mp3,wave,wma,cda (audio cd format)

Cheers
Old 23rd August 2005, 11:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

thanks for all ur suggestions, guys. appreciated.
Now i gotta find a place in bangalore (which is not in city market) where i can get good cables... hmmm...
Old 23rd August 2005, 12:27   #6
Team-BHP Support

Go to SP road near Mysore Road flyover. After the computer shops start thining out you will see shops selling PCB's. ICs. Speaker systems etc., Ask them for a shielded cable. It is an ordinary copper cable enclosed in a shiny outer jacket which is the shielding. Also check wether your sound card has stereo in(Unless its an antique it will have stereo in).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks