Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 14:50   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Dear Deep/BHPians
I am looking for an admission in NPS HSR but every time I check for forms and get answer not yet out
Please let me know the procedure of NPS/pointers as I hear we need to stand in big queue to get the form and some say forms are available on line
I am looking for admission in Standard 3rd and LKG (both boys)
NPS HSR, Koramangala & Indiranagar follow same procedure. The application form is available for download in December (but please check their site once week in Nov/Dec). The application form, along with other documents & a DD (last year it was 300) have to be dropped in their admission section. Selected candidates will be intimated by phone.

PS: Last year I tried for UKG in NPS Koramangala & there were no vacancies.
Old 11th November 2013, 14:58   #362
BHPian

Re: Bangalore School Admissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is OLD information. Do check with school guys, if that is how it is this year too.
Thanks yes I will keep a tab on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
PS: Last year I tried for UKG in NPS Koramangala & there were no vacancies.
Thanks buddy
Chances are less but let me give a try.

BHPians
Any idea of schools which give more focus on academics than sports and other activities. Please name them. I am put up at Sarjapur ORR and looking in HSR/Sarjapur/Marthahalli area
Old 11th November 2013, 16:43   #363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BHPians
Any idea of schools which give more focus on academics than sports and other activities. Please name them. I am put up at Sarjapur ORR and looking in HSR/Sarjapur/Marthahalli area
Some of the schools around the are:

New Horizon Gurukul, Ryan and Gere, VIBGYOR (Marathahalli and HSR) apart from NPS @ Koramangala and HSR.
Old 11th November 2013, 17:31   #364
Senior - BHPian

Just found this, how true or how effective is this - School admission before January illegal
Quote:
Any school admissions made before January, irrespective of their boards, would become illegal and are automatically liable for cancellation. A strong public notice has been issued by the Department of Public Instruction (DPI), which has issued a calendar of events for 2014-15 admissions.
According to the calendar, the admission process begins on January 6.

Last edited by msdivy : 11th November 2013 at 17:32.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:10   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Well, my son will be 3 years 10 months next June. Checked a few schools and they are ok to admit around that age. I agree that 3 years is a bit too young for lkg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I would definitely suggest Pre-KG. My daughter... although she is comfortable with verbal stuff, when it comes to things like writing/coloring she finds it more difficult to cope. So I feel LKG will be unnecessary pressure for a 3.5 yr old.
Please also remember there is a difference in taking care and studies between LKG in a proper school and LKG in playschools like Eurokids. Latter tends to have lesser number of kids per class and cares somewhat more compared to proper schools.

My son was 3.8 years in June 2012, when I thought of admitting him to LKG in proper school, but then after visiting the school and talking to teachers there (even after getting admission verbally) I did not go ahead and left him to continue in LKG in Eurokids.

This year (June 2013) when he was 4.8 years, he was admitted to the same proper school in LKG and he is finding it very comfortable now as almost all the kids are of his age.

In effect he studied in LKG for two years but that does not make a difference in the long run.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:40   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Just found this, how true or how effective is this - School admission before January illegal
This is probably the reason why many schools just take the 'admission fee' or 'caution deposit' when you go for admission now. The actual first installment of tuition fee will be taken in the Feb-March time frame.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:04   #367
BHPian

Quote:
You can consider Freedom International @ HSR also. It's near to HSR flyover. My kids are going there.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:18   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BHPians
St Peters on Sarjapur Road has high focus on academics based on the conversations I have had with parents in my apartment whose kids go there.

I have also heard that 'Narayana E-Techno School' is heavily focused on academics and specifically focused to groom kids for IIT's (Note: I don't have any direct info on this, just some talk I have heard in casual discussions)

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 12th November 2013 at 10:30. Reason: corrected typo
Old 12th November 2013, 10:22   #369
BHPian

Quote:
I have also heard that 'Narayana E-Techno School' is heavily focused on academics
Well I am told that this school is so focused on academics that kids are scared to go to school and an email thread in my office is circulating on how kids are "tortured" into doing their best. In my opinion this is certainly not a good way to educate kids! Let them be kids and enjoy the process of going to school and growing up!
Old 12th November 2013, 11:00   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
You can consider Freedom International @ HSR also. It's near to HSR flyover. My kids are going there.
Yes I saw this yesterday but I do not have any any review for the school
Any idea of admission process/review

Quote:
St Peters on Sarjapur Road has high focus on academics based on the conversations I have had with parents in my apartment whose kids go there.

I have also heard that 'Narayana E-Techno School' is heavily focused on academics and specifically focused to groom kids for IIT's (Note: I don't have any direct info on this, just some talk I have heard in casual discussions)
Thanks I will consider them.
'Narayana E-Techno School' I heard bad feedback of the culture and habits especially for boys.. not sure though
Old 12th November 2013, 12:39   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I saw this yesterday but I do not have any any review for the school
Any idea of admission process/review
Overall I am happy with the school. Both my kids are there from Nursery, my daughter is now in 2nd standard and son is in LKG.
Now there is no interview / observation for the kids for the Nursery admission. They will give a questionnaire for the parents and parents need to fill that and give along with the application. They will call you if the admission is confirmed.

They have already started giving the application forms. Please contact the front office.
Old 12th November 2013, 12:49   #372
Senior - BHPian

Hi aka_iitd Try Prakriya it is probably only true Montessori school in Bangalore and I liked the campus and methodology. I studied in a Montessori in my home town which claimed to be one of the only 12 in India at that time and I know the system works in long run.

My son goes to NPS Indiranagar yes it is academic oriented but my kid loves to go to school and always looks forward to go to school after holidays / long weekend. So I think being academic oriented school is not as bad as painted out to be on-line forums.

Quote:
Dear Deep/BHPians
I am looking for an admission in NPS HSR but every time I check for forms and get answer not yet out
Please let me know the procedure of NPS/pointers as I hear we need to stand in big queue to get the form and some say forms are available on line
I am looking for admission in Standard 3rd and LKG (both boys)
Old 12th November 2013, 12:58   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hi aka_iitd Try Prakriya it is probably only true Montessori school in Bangalore and I liked the campus and methodology. I studied in a Montessori in my home town which claimed to be one of the only 12 in India at that time and I know the system works in long run.

My son goes to NPS Indiranagar yes it is academic oriented but my kid loves to go to school and always looks forward to go to school after holidays / long weekend. So I think being academic oriented school is not as bad as painted out to be on-line forums.
If one is looking for good Montessori's, Sishu Griha is a good school to consider, though they've very strict age constraints for the intake. I've not heard of Prakriya. No doubt they're good, but I think that calling them the "only true Montessori" would be a (subjective) stretch.

Disclaimer: My son goes to Sishu Griha. We chose to put him there because we loved their methodology and approach. They are really committed to the Montessori method and have been at it for nearly 30 years. My son loves the school and we have not regretted our decision. The other option where we had an admission was at NPS Indiranagar. We chose Sishu Griha even though NPS too offered a montessori simply because a bunch of my friends' kids also go there and raved about it.
Old 12th November 2013, 13:36   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hi aka_iitd Try Prakriya it is probably only true Montessori school in Bangalore and I liked the campus and methodology.
Thanks for the opinion
I went there last week and as per them forms will be out in Jan 14 so will visit again then. I seen then campus and it is great. Also heard if the students does nto want to attend the classed even though he is in school he can do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
They have already started giving the application forms. Please contact the front office.
Okay I will visit tomorrow to find out more. Thanks for the feedback
Old 12th November 2013, 14:21   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
If one is looking for good Montessori's, Sishu Griha is a good school to consider, though they've very strict age constraints for the intake. I've not heard of Prakriya. No doubt they're good, but I think that calling them the "only true Montessori" would be a (subjective) stretch.
Well I also evaluated Shushu Gruha when I was looking for a school for my Kid I do not have any thing against them.

In my opinion Prakriya follows Montessori methods fully and also they do have means to full fill the methodology and if you visit them then you can see they are one of their kind in Bangalore.

I finalized NPS Indiranagar for my kid because it is nearer to my home but if someone is in Sarjapur road area then Prakriya may be a good option.

As a side point I will say NPS is great school on it's own and there is a reason why it figures in top ranking lists but getting admission there is a great lottery. In my case I was first one to submit completed form on day 1 so may be they just pick up first 50-60 forms from the heap.

Most Viewed