Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 18:35   #406
Senior - BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
The difference between south and north is that there is a trend of 3 years of education before class 1 in south(Nursary, PP1,PP2) where as it is only 2 yrs in North(Nursery,KG).
In West, it takes 4 years of education before first grade.

Play Group, Nursery, Junior KG, Senior KG
Old 12th December 2013, 18:37   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Is it ok if we directly send our kid to LKG at 3+ years? Or is it mandate that a kid should have done his/her nursery?
According to CBSE/ICSE/State boards, the kid entering class 1 need not have any prior schooling. Pre-KG/KG is optional.

But most schools insists on KG education for class 1. This makes class 1 easy for both kid, teacher & financially profitable for KG schools.

Note that there is evidence that KG education benefits students in long run.
Old 12th December 2013, 18:54   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

So we decided to go for CBSE schools in our neighborhood.
Whats the name of the school? and which area is this?
Old 12th December 2013, 19:30   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it ok if we directly send our kid to LKG at 3+ years? Or is it mandate that a kid should have done his/her nursery?
Ofcourse its ok if you send your child directly to lkg.Nursery is not mandatory any
Old 12th December 2013, 20:52   #410
BHPian

Thanks for the response. If at all i am going to put him in nursery, planning to put him in 2.5 yrs and in 3.5 yrs he will join LKG.
Even i am planning to join him in Bachpan only for Nursery. Any reviews on it?
Old 12th December 2013, 22:28   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Whats the name of the school? and which area is this?
I stay in CV Raman Nagar. The schools close by are:

1. BEML Sishya School
2. Geethanjali High School
3. Poorna Prajna (Not CBSE but State Syllabus).
4. National Center for Excellence.

We have tried in all of them by registering. Yet to get a call from any one of them though wife is ensuring she is calling them weekly or bi-weekly to check.
Old 13th December 2013, 14:27   #412
BHPian

We are thinking of enrolling our daughter in LKG/PP1 class at any of the following schools (CBSE) which are close to our house. She is Jan 2011 born. Any feedback/input on the schools will be highly appreciated.

1. Jubilee Hills Public School
2. Bharatia Vidya Bhavan Jubilee Hills
3. Meridian School
4. Manthan School
5. Maharishi Vidya Mandir

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th December 2013, 19:01   #413
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response. If at all i am going to put him in nursery, planning to put him in 2.5 yrs and in 3.5 yrs he will join LKG.
What's your child's date of birth?

Atleast in Bangalore, most schools insist on an age of 4+ as on 1st of June for admission to LKG. The only exceptions I found so far are the Whitefield Global School, Whitefield (Minimum age of 3.5 years for LKG as on 31st March) and Air Force School, Murugeshpalya/Hebbal (Minimum age of 3 years for LKG as on 31st March). But you'd need to get through in the civilian quota for Air Force School (since it's only meant to be for defense personnels' wards), which is pure lottery. And they don't provide transport.
Old 13th December 2013, 20:46   #414
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback on NPS in Indiranagar?
Old 13th December 2013, 21:53   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
What's your child's date of birth? Atleast in Bangalore, most schools insist on an age of 4+ as on 1st of June for admission to LKG.
He is Nov 2011 born. Enquired in DAV and they said 3 yrs should be completed as of June 31st. He can join LKG only in 2015.
Old 15th December 2013, 11:41   #416
BHPian

Quote:
3.5 years is the right time for the admission into LKG. Many CBSE schools in Hyderabad provide admission even if the kid is 2-3 months younger.

Which branch of Bachpan you are referring to? Most of the Bachpan branches are pretty good. My daughter attended Bachpan in SR Nagar for an year. She enjoyed the place. I would recommend you to pick a playschool that is close to your house. The closer the better.
Old 15th December 2013, 12:34   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
We are thinking of enrolling our daughter in LKG/PP1 class at any of the following schools (CBSE) which are close to our house. She is Jan 2011 born. Any feedback/input on the schools will be highly appreciated.

1. Jubilee Hills Public School
2. Bharatia Vidya Bhavan Jubilee Hills
3. Meridian School
4. Manthan School
5. Maharishi Vidya Mandir

Thanks in advance.
Hi Sudipta,

BVB JH is the most popular of the Hyderabad and is the most recommended in this list. Admission is based on a lottery and the odds are very low due to the limited seats and very high number of applicants. Their fees are on the lower side. It used be around ~40K in total per annum plus another 25K per child (for the donation, one time) a few years back. You can expect some nominal increase, but their fees remain affordable to most in Hyderabad.

Meridian school is another heavily recommended school. It's fees are other end of the spectrum (a minimum of 2L for the first year). It is much easier to get admission to this school. If you can afford their fee structure, this is the most recommended among the expensive schools of Hyderabad.

JHPS is not as popular as BVB JH but is another well established school. You may need to spend much higher amount for the donation, but the fees are still on the reasonable side. I have heard mixed reviews on their education quality, so you may need to visit the school and talk to the students and their parents.

Manthan is relatively young school and one of those mushrooming international schools. The fees are on the affordable side of the international schools. Some of my neighbors have kids going to Manthan and they are happy with the quality. Admission is again relatively easy compared to BVB JH or JHPS.

MVM is popular too, but I don't have much idea about it. From your choice of schools, I expect that you stay around Madhapur or Kondapur. You can also consider applying for Obul Reddy Public School, Jubilee Hills.

The admission process might have already started for most schools here. If you have not checked it, you need to hurry.
Old 15th December 2013, 16:10   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
Which branch of Bachpan you are referring to? Most of the Bachpan branches are pretty good. My daughter attended Bachpan in SR Nagar for an year. She enjoyed the place. I would recommend you to pick a playschool that is close to your house. The closer the better.
There is one bachpan nearby my house. Behind south india shopping mall, and i am planning to join my kid there.
6 months or 1 year is enough for Nursery?
Old 21st December 2013, 08:15   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
Hi Sudipta,

BVB JH is the most popular of the Hyderabad and is the most recommended in this list. Admission is based on a lottery and the odds are very low due to the limited seats and very high number of applicants. Their fees are on the lower side. It used be around ~40K in total per annum plus another 25K per child (for the donation, one time) a few years back. You can expect some nominal increase, but their fees remain affordable to most in Hyderabad.

Meridian school is another heavily recommended school. It's fees are other end of the spectrum (a minimum of 2L for the first year). It is much easier to get admission to this school. If you can afford their fee structure, this is the most recommended among the expensive schools of Hyderabad.

JHPS is not as popular as BVB JH but is another well established school. You may need to spend much higher amount for the donation, but the fees are still on the reasonable side. I have heard mixed reviews on their education quality, so you may need to visit the school and talk to the students and their parents.

Manthan is relatively young school and one of those mushrooming international schools. The fees are on the affordable side of the international schools. Some of my neighbors have kids going to Manthan and they are happy with the quality. Admission is again relatively easy compared to BVB JH or JHPS.

MVM is popular too, but I don't have much idea about it. From your choice of schools, I expect that you stay around Madhapur or Kondapur. You can also consider applying for Obul Reddy Public School, Jubilee Hills.

The admission process might have already started for most schools here. If you have not checked it, you need to hurry.
Thanks a lot for all your help. I have been able to pick up the forms for BVB JH and Obul Reddy which will have the lottery in the coming 2 weekends. JH Public School completes admission via interaction with child and parents (which means donation of minimum 50k+) so it is only the money factor. MVM is the last option as they also do it via interaction with child and parents but seems like the money factor is not there. We have cancelled Manthan and Meridian from our list.
Old 21st December 2013, 08:59   #420
Senior - BHPian

DPS is coming up in Electronics City and admissions open for next academic year. Its located 1km off E.City phase 1 Ajmera apartments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks