Team-BHP - The School & College Admissions Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The School & College Admissions Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/71698-school-college-admissions-thread-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by appuchan (Post 1068953)
Could not "qualify" for NPS

What is the "qualification" for NPS?

Guys, My daughter and nephew are born 15 days apart, in 2006 May.

While my daughter cannot be admitted to CBSE schools in India, my nephew would face no such problems - he is looking forward to getting admitted to a CBSE school in Dubai.

Any explanations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajayr (Post 1184718)
What is the "qualification" for NPS?

I might sound like a loser:

A colleague of mine claims that he's mastered the formula for NPS. Over and above whatever you really are, make sure the following things are taken care:
- Write inflated designation and salaries for the parents.
- While submitting the form, mention that one of the parents is abroad and therefore can't sign the form. (Seems they prefer the globally mobile types...)
- Give an address close by. If you don't live close enough, its ok, just give a friend's address who lives close to the school.

My colleague did the above and I didn't, as I didn't want to lay the foundation of my Kid's education on a bunch of lies. The result: his kid got the admission and we weren't called.

And, the concept of them basing the admission on Parent's education is garbage, because I as well as my wife went to colleges that can be considered as the best places in our respective areas. Well hold on, I don't think there was anything in the admission form which asked for it.

Those having an elder sibling study in the same school stand a better chance as well.

I hated going around places hunting schools for my boy who will be 3 years this May. We have 110 kids in my society, majority going to DPS (Delhi Public School), over a dozen to Ryan International (yelahanka), some to Vidyasagar, Daffodils (sanjaynagar), KV (Hebbal and IISc), Kensree etc. I spoke to few parents who happened to be sending their kids to Ryan. I realised DPS admission costs almost double of Ryan, therefore visited Ryan in November, finished all admission procedures in December itself. I think admissions are closed now (Mont 1 and 2). Education is a pure money minting business right now. I was shocked to hear the 40k admission cum development fee that is non-refundable. I paid in the first week of December 2008 and the classes start in June 2009 !! Thats a clean 6 months dead money which will never come back to you even if you send your kid to some other place ! Vidyashilpa (New airport road) costs over a lakh though !

Hi,

Every parent, in this time of the year is eager to get his son/daughter admission to good schools around bangalore.
Wanted to share some thoughts and also get to know what other parents think of such schools.

I am anxiously looking for Class 1 admission for my daughter from the past 2 months. I live in South Bangalore (Banashankari 3rd Stage).

My initial options were Aurobindo, JSS, Auden, Little Flower because of distance (within 4kms). However, on calling these schools; they give a common reply. "We aleady have UKG students who would move to Class 1. If anyone leaves, we would give you a call".
I am not satisfied and do some ground work.

In fact, the school authorities sometimes create pressure/tension as though no seats are available. And pull the string to encash as much on first time admission cost.
BTW, most of the schools are asking around 1L including transportation.

Now, I am looking at Kanakapura Road area which houses some good schools which are new ones as well.

Delhi Public School
Alpine Public School
DAV Public School
Jyothy Kendriya Vidyalaya
Jnana Sweekar
and others

But, I am sure as to how are these schools and quality of their education.

If any of you have any inputs, it would help parents like us.

Did you try National Hill View in RajaRajeshwarinagar? Maybe you should check with them if they are still issuing applications though.
Good Luck

@Ajay:
Thanks for suggestion.
Yes, I tried with NHVPS. There age criteria is minimum 6yrs for Class 1.
But, my daughter would be 5 yrs and 8months by June 2010.

I called up NHVPS. They gave a strict no.
Same with Kumarans as well.

@Blackstallion76, I will be in the same boat as you are by next year. In fact, I stay in Padmanabhanagar.

All the schools you have shortlisted are pretty much what I have in my list next year. You could also look at Apollo National, which is on ORR near DG petrol bunk. I have been told that it shares the management team with NHV. I have not verified it yet.

If you are open to an alternative system of education, Valley School also is an option.

@deepak:
I checked out Apollo National Public School, BSK 3rd Stage.
They have seats available since its a very new school. I checked out that it is from the same management as NHVPS. This gives some relief as this is near my house.

Let me check tommorrow with this school.

In fact, my daughter goes to Prayag Montessori near to this school. Its around 2.5kms from my place.

However, I am looking for CBSE schools with good extra-curricular activities.

I have checked out Alpine Public School(CBSE) near ISRO Layout. They have a good campus with better staff. The school is doing good for almost 3 yrs now.
But, this school is 7kms from my place.

Thinking...

Its always easier to get admission in Nursery as thats the starting batch for any school and they try to fill like mad, then the classes progress to LKG, UKG etc etc and the schools wait for the parents to deposit the fee for the next year, usually January- April, if they dont, the schools call for filling up the vacant seats.

But parents cannot wait till that time since its too late for the June session to wait and most admissions are over by mid-Dec, unless the schools are left with some seats.

Sarjapur road and further has a fair amount of schools, DPS, New Horizon (opening in ORR), Prakriya, Vibgyor and Primus with buses going upto Jayanagar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackstallion76 (Post 1636504)

In fact, my daughter goes to Prayag Montessori near to this school. Its around 2.5kms from my place.

Thinking...

Don't tell me! My daughter studies there too. She is in Montessori II (equivalent of LKG), and I will have to look for 1st Std at about this time next year. I wish you all the best in your search for a good school for your daughter.

PS: You could check with your daughter whether she knows someone by name Smriti in her school :).

The school admission time is probably one of the most frustrating time for every parent seeking admissions for their children. I had to go through the same last year before I could get my son admitted into FAPS. I am very happy with the school and more so knowing that my son also looks forward to going to school every day. Below is the thread which i had created earlier where some of the parents have shared their experiences.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-ordeal-3.html

We Chennai guys are almost done with the admission procedure after so much pain. Waiting at 3am to collect forms, hurrying to submit them were all tense moments. Parents tend to act like their kids at this time....

Will know by Saturday or latest Tuesday where my son must study.

This is a very good site giving lot of info related to nursery school admission in Delhi Nursery Admissions in Delhi Schools 2010-2011 - FREE SMS ALERTS - Delhi Nursery Schools Admission Dates Nursery Admission Guidelines KG Admissions

Such sites should be there for all the regions and the admission procedure should be clear & transparent.
Schooling is a business racket and the prevailing lawlessness and looting in the name of donations should be stopped immediately by government.

Interestingly every one is ready to pay donations and no protest is being heard any where.

Hi Folks,

Update from school admission after christmas holidays.

After checking Alpine Public School, we also checked out Jnana Sweekar Public School, Kanakapura Road.

Initial Impression of Jnana Sweekar is awesome.
Very good infrastructure. Had a long discussion with Principal about the school education and extra curricular activities. I was very much satisfied with the school and teachers. The school is CBSE based.

The entire campus is very huge and good for extra-curricular.
It has Basketball court, lawn tennis court, athletic track and swimming pool.
The advisory council has one of good names in India & Karnataka which suggests improvements to school every year.
It would definitely give a challenge to some of the best schools in bangalore.

Check the website.
Welcome to Jnana Sweekar Public School, Bangalore

Did any othe t-bhpians visited this school? Please let me know your views as well.
I have to finalize the admission before Jan 31.