Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2015, 08:52   #541
Senior - BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Times of India 04-01-2015

"Bishop Cotton Boys' School Residency road, Bengaluru 560025
Admission Notice

LKG application forms for the academic year 2015-16 will be available from 12-01-2015 to 27-01-2015 at Union Bank of India extension counter (school premises) on all working days.

The last date for submission of application forms with relevant documents to the school office will be 02-02-2015 by 3 pm . Principal"

Last edited by vinay kamath : 4th January 2015 at 08:54.
Old 6th January 2015, 14:36   #542
BHPian

Please share reviews on Global City International School, Malleshpalya, Bengaluru.

Planning to shift my daughter to this school and find very few reviews online.

Any information about nearby schools is also much appreciated.

Last edited by Pallavi : 6th January 2015 at 14:37.
Old 11th January 2015, 21:36   #543
BHPian

Dates for NPS 11th Std admission entrance test

My child will be trying for admission into NPS School Bangalore, into Std 11th, in 2015 (Indiranagar or HSR or Koramangala campuses).

We are trying to plan a vacation in Apr 2015, and want to ensure it doesn't conflict with the test date.

Any idea when the entrance test is usually held? The school doesn't have that info yet.
Old 11th January 2015, 21:58   #544
BHPian

Re: Dates for NPS 11th Std admission entrance test

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
My child will be trying for admission into NPS School Bangalore, into Std 11th, in 2015 (Indiranagar or HSR or Koramangala campuses).

We are trying to plan a vacation in Apr 2015, and want to ensure it doesn't conflict with the test date.

Any idea when the entrance test is usually held? The school doesn't have that info yet.
My son goes to Nps and typically they ask us to pay the fees between end of march to sometime around 10 th April. It's only after this that the school will have full clarity on the number of vacancies available based on who has paid and who has not paid the fees and can take more students. My thought is that you should get this info from the school itself - also different nps schools may have slightly different dates too - just watch out for it.
Old 11th January 2015, 23:58   #545
BHPian

Quote:

My daughter too could not attempt nps entrance test last year as exam date clashed with our already booked vacations. Exams for all three locations ie. Indiranagar, Koramangala and hsr are conducted on same day and it's generally in first/second week of April. I feel it would be safer for you to plan vacation after third week of April.
Old 12th January 2015, 08:58   #546
Senior - BHPian

One of the best business in the market

Isnt it illegal to do entrance exams for kids?
Old 12th January 2015, 09:11   #547
BHPian

Quote:

As others have noted, its usually first week of April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
One of the best business in the market

Isnt it illegal to do entrance exams for kids?
They don't do exams for < 1 grade .
Old 12th January 2015, 15:26   #548
Senior - BHPian

For Lexicon International School, for standard I admission, the child and parents are interviewed. Most questions are asked to the child.
Source: Personal experience.
Old 12th January 2015, 22:54   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinghal View Post
As others have noted, its usually first week of April.

They don't do exams for < 1 grade .
90 min exam for admission to 1st for ukg/pp2 kids. Its so common here at Trivandrum.
Old 13th January 2015, 08:03   #550
BHPian

Hi,

I get very concerned looking at this thread where parents of fellow bhpians seem to be running around so much for the sake of good future of the kids. I have had the experience of working for a reputed Bangalore international school and I have been part of the management. I felt like sharing my thoughts on the system inside as I saw it. The teachers were paid low and the motivation to groom kids was low. I remember young expat kids walking up to me and asking for small support in not getting access to their desired activity interests. I do remember a grade 10 student who actively wanted to pursue chess but was limited by pressure of studies by teachers. He was very delighted when I gave him that permission and I received a letter from his parents that they felt obligated to me. It was these experiences that made me share this pressure oriented competitive side of the schooling.
One other aspect which I observed was an indulgence by the kids in activities unsuitable for their age. Some parents complained that they expected their kids to be educated academically as well as morally but I found many teachers were either too burdened with their course work or had little interest to mould these young minds for principled lives.

But the bright side to all this were some very enthused teachers who I saw had left their corporate careers to enjoy teaching and shaping these young minds.

In this whole process of my stint there, I also heard voices amongst parents who considered home schooling as the best option. Any practitioners here?

A long post but felt I must use our platform to share some insights.

Regards

Himanshu
Old 16th January 2015, 02:47   #551
BHPian

Thank You Himanshu for the insiders view.

Totally agree and as discussed all across the forum today's school are mostly pressure cookers.

Iam not sure in other cities but in Hyderabad we have many schools in Apartment blocks. The administration merely buys / rents an apartment structure and modifies the same to an extent and the kids have the luxury (sarcasm) of playing some so called games in the basement parking area.

Schooling has definitely become expensive now a days and if we need better infrastructure / environment then we are expected to dig deeper into the pockets.

I read an article about home schooling the concept is good, however it actually depends are multiple situations at home one eg : it is not feasible when both the parents are working which is common now a days.

We have recently completed the admission formalities for June 2015 in Ganges Valley School at Hyderabad for PP 2 .

This school has much better infrastructure than the loud boasting International schools @ Hyderabad.

Below is a link for anyone who might be interested. This is a virtual walk through however most of the things shown in the video exist.
Evidently the administration building , hanging bridge ,swimming pool & amphi theater are the big things which are still not complete.

Old 11th February 2015, 20:38   #552
BHPian

Does anybody have a feedback on Chirec Public School, Hyderabad. My son has got admission in Nursery section in the Gachibowli campus. Any pointers about how good/bad the school is will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12th February 2015, 15:07   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Time to enroll my twins in Nursery. Any suggestions on schools in Bannerghtta road (meenakshi side)?

Would like to know opinions on the following if you have your kids enrolled there
Sherwood,
Clarence
Mitra academy

Opinion on other schools are also welcome. I am looking at schools within 5 km from Meenakshi temple
Hi Rajesh,

Can i know which school you got your twins admitted and the reason behind it?
I live in Kammanahalli and my daughter is still 5 months old, but would still like to know good schools near our area for the future.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 12th February 2015, 17:51   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi Rajesh,

Can i know which school you got your twins admitted and the reason behind it?
I live in Kammanahalli and my daughter is still 5 months old, but would still like to know good schools near our area for the future.

Thanks,
Ramki
I admitted them to BVM Global at Nandi woods. They will be moving their campus soon to Begur road , some 5 km from current location
Old 12th February 2015, 21:03   #555
Senior - BHPian

All 2-3 Kendriya Vidyalaya campuses (all around Gangamma circle ) within Jalahalli Airforce Base are offering LKG admissions between Feb 09 until March 09 2015. They're good. Bangalore North teambhpians pls note.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks