Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 14:08   #661
BANNED

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I was of the same belief.
But Admission notice is already up for Bishops, Kalyani Nagar.
Age criteria mentioned by them is 3 to 3.11 years as on 01 June 2016 for Nursery, whereas for Hutchings, they consider this age for Pre-Nursery i.e. Play group.
What I came to know when I filled form for Pre Nursery in Hutching that they don't have Nursery standard.After Pre Nursery students goes to LKG directly.
Same thing in St Helena school too. They have only Pre Nursery then LKG.
The Pre Nursery or Nursery are same for few schools. Few mentioned them as Pre Nursery and few as Nursery with same age criteria.
Old 17th December 2015, 14:32   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvo_Petrolhead View Post
What I came to know when I filled form for Pre Nursery in Hutching that they don't have Nursery standard.After Pre Nursery students goes to LKG directly.
Are you sure about this? Though there is nothing much mentioned on their website, I just checked the timings section and found the following

Quote:
Pre-Nursery and Nursery : 08:20 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Prep to Class IV : 07:30 a.m. to 01:00 p.m.
Class V to Class XII : 07:30 a.m. to 01:40 p.m.
Link : http://hutchingsschoolpune.in/4.html

Going by the timings mentioned, it seems after Pre-Nursery, they do have Nursery.
Old 17th December 2015, 14:58   #663
BANNED

Quote:
Are you sure about this? Though there is nothing much mentioned on their website, I just checked the timings section and found the following

Link : http://hutchingsschoolpune.in/4.html

Going by the timings mentioned, it seems after Pre-Nursery, they do have Nursery.
I came to know this from the other parents (standing with me in que for submitting the forms) who already have one of their kid in the school. They consider LKG and UKG as nursery.
The school's website is not at all equipped with proper information. Even this year every one faced problem while submitting forms online. Also they were not ready to provide any information in their schools office.
Old 17th December 2015, 16:31   #664
Senior - BHPian

I've changed my schools 6 times, and out 2 of those were same. My dads transfer started from Mumbai and ended in Mumbai. I'd like to add some suggestions. Try to interact with a couple of teachers and the principal with your kid. And if you feel that this is the place, then getting admission there will be good. Just going by the name and reputation will hurt later.

I've had bad experiences in a couple of schools, and luckily I attended only a year in them. But some other schools , like the one I attended in Chennai was beyond good. It didn't have any fancy stuff, and even had tin roofs over class rooms, but the faculty was the best.
Old 17th December 2015, 17:42   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I'd like to add some suggestions. Try to interact with a couple of teachers and the principal with your kid. And if you feel that this is the place, then getting admission there will be good. Just going by the name and reputation will hurt later.
Parents do not even get to enter the premises of the school unless it is the form submission day. And even on that day, you hardly get to see any teacher, forget the Principal.
Old 18th December 2015, 10:25   #666
BANNED

Any one who have personal experience in last one or two years in the admission process for the Bishop, St Mary Girls, St Helena's and Hutching school in Pune.
I have submitted forms for Helen's, Hutching and St Mary girls as of now. Parent's interview is done for Mary and Helen's and currently waiting for interview date for Hutching.
My and my wife are quite tensed as hard so many rumours about the selection process in St Mary and Helena's and in Bishop school.
Looking for some suggestion who had recent experience in last on or two years in these schools in Pune.
Old 27th January 2016, 17:31   #667
BHPian

Hi Fellow Bhpians,

I am recently transferred from Jaipur to Pune. Though I will be shifting my family somewhere in September/October. Came to know from colleagues that I should find out schools here first.

Daughter is in 3rd standard in DPS Jaipur now and when she is going to move to pune will be in 4th.

I am not sure how difficult it is to get child admitted in mid session, or do I need to speak to schools now?

can anyone guide me about good schools (my office is in yerwada, and probably will look for house here, but open to move to other locations if school is good)

Will really appreciate all your advise.

Thanks Sunit
Old 27th January 2016, 18:21   #668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I've changed my schools 6 times
Same boat and I hopped nearly twice that many times! A couple of school years, I'd end up in my third school when annual exams came round. Not cool for any small, impressionable kid.

Quote:
But some other schools.......It didn't have any fancy stuff.....and even had tin roofs over class rooms, but the faculty was the best......
Something that's lost to a lot of parents and kids these days, because of reasons like Vinit's quote below. Some of the best schools I studied at, one wouldn't imagine they were any good just looking at the premises/facilities, but most perceived 'good' schools today would scoff at a parent wanting to inspect before making a choice. There are plenty others in line outside who'll bite the Principal's arm off with the admission form.

Quote:
Parents do not even get to enter the premises of the school unless it is the form submission day. And even on that day, you hardly get to see any teacher, forget the Principal.
While it's understandable that times have changed, what hasn't changed and never will is that the kid will bear the consequences (good or bad) of the decision that gets made for them. If at all possible, one should try to meet teachers/principals informally through other parents who have kids in the school one's interested in. Not too difficult to track people down these days, social media and all, and the kid will benefit in the longer term.

One golden principle with everything we do is never do anything based just on what works for someone else, without getting a fair idea of what one's signing up for.

When we won't buy a car costing a few lakhs without a thorough test drive and PDI, why take that risk with a kid's future?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th January 2016 at 18:27.
Old 27th January 2016, 18:46   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
When we won't buy a car costing a few lakhs without a thorough test drive and PDI, why take that risk with a kid's future?
Absolutely! I'm thankful to my parents for not just going to a reputed school and even involving me in admission process.

Though others are correct that's times have charged. I went to Delhi recently and I wasn't even allowed to go in my ex-school! They didn't even understand why did I wanted to visit my class! Sadly I feel, this trend will continue. On the other hand, a bunch of us (std. 10) still play in my school's basketball court once in a while in Vashi. We're always made to feel welcome here. 6+ yrs since I was a student there!
Old 12th February 2016, 12:28   #670
BHPian

Guys, Need your feedback on Chaitanya Techno school in Bangalore. The school has several branches in Bangalore and has been operational for over 25 years.

It has opened this year in Chennai and my friend wants to enroll her daughter there.
Old 12th February 2016, 15:11   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, Need your feedback on Chaitanya Techno school in Bangalore. The school has several branches in Bangalore and has been operational for over 25 years.

It has opened this year in Chennai and my friend wants to enroll her daughter there.
Have heard it is highly focused on academics with the end goal to get the kid into IIT kind of places. My friend's daughter goes there and they had hall ticket and exams in LKG itself.

Not a kind of a system that I would want for my kid, but then they are pretty successful here in Bangalore. So i assume it is a system that has its own set of followers.
Old 12th February 2016, 19:12   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Have heard it is highly focused on academics with the end goal to get the kid into IIT kind of places. My friend's daughter goes there and they had hall ticket and exams in LKG itself.

Not a kind of a system that I would want for my kid, but then they are pretty successful here in Bangalore. So i assume it is a system that has its own set of followers.
Thanks Rajeevraj.. I'll pass on the information.

Man, that does sound very tedious.. I don't understand why schools don't let kids be kids.
Old 12th February 2016, 19:40   #673
Senior - BHPian

Bishop Cotton Boys School , Bangalore

www.cottonboys.com

and

Bishop Cotton Girls School , Bangalore

www.bishopcottongirls.com

LKG admission forms available online from February 10 to 20, 2016 (upto 5 pm)
Old 12th February 2016, 20:21   #674
BHPian

Anyone heard about Floretz in HSR layout? It is close to my house and am looking for feedback
Old 13th February 2016, 13:40   #675
Senior - BHPian

The "School Admissions" Thread

Copied as received:

Dear Parent
We are pleased to inform you Abhaya School ,Hyderabad is starting a Class XI in April 2016. This will allow students who enroll, to be eligible for the All India Senior Secondary Examinations (CBSE -Class 12 Exams) in March/April 2018.

The subjects being offered for this year are:

· Group I : ENGLISH,MATHS, PHYSICS ,CHEMISTRY,PHYSICAL EDUCATION.

· Group II : ENGLISH, BUSINESS STUDIES,ACCOUNTANCY,ECONOMICS & PHYSICAL EDUCATION.

· Group III : ENGLISH,MATHS, BUSINESS STUDIES,ACCOUNTANCY,ECONOMICS.

· Group IV : ENGLISH,MATHS, PHYSICS ,CHEMISTRY, ECONOMICS.

Classes for 11th grade students, for the academic year 2016-17, will start on 4th April 2016.
We request you to apprise your students and others in the community about our new endeavour and look forward to students enrolling for this course. Please contact Simon on 800822056 or mail us at info@abhayaschool.com , for more information about the course/enrolment process.

Thankyou

Abhaya Admin

Most Viewed