Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 15:52   #61
BHPian

Hello Fellow TBHPians,

I was just thinking about this for the last 2 days and went through this thread. Hope I will get some valuable suggestion here.

I'm relocating to Banglore in the month of Oct'10
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...othello-2.html

My kid is in Nursary (Age: 3.5 years). So, after shifting to banglore, first I will have to look out for a school (KG-I).
I will be staying in and around electronic city (BTM layout, JP Nagar, Koramangalam etc).
Can anyboy suggest few good schools so that, it will save some of my time and running
Old 21st September 2010, 15:06   #62
BHPian

@ Challa

You could try Vidyaniketan or Mallya Aditi.

If you are going to be staying anywhere near Yelahanka then Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Nagarjuna Vidya Niketan is a very good school. Both my children studied there.

kd
Old 21st September 2010, 15:27   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
There is a branch of DPS on Airport road, you can see that if you like it. By the way my son is studying in DPS, Kanakapura Road branch & now it's time for my daughter also to get admitted there.

CHEERS,
G D
Thanks P180V1 for the details, airport road might be too far to travel for my daughter and i have actually not keen in DPS.
No Offence for DPS kids here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
NPS usually gives forms around the Dassera holidays. Last year, they started giving forms immediately after school reopening post Dassera holidays. So you need to ask them around Oct 7 onwards (school closes). Mostly they will be giving forms on Oct 18 or so, once the school reopens.

p.s. These vacation dates are for NPS Indiranagar, I assume they hold good for NPS HSR as well.
Hi

I spoke to Rajajinagar NPS branch and they said they will be issuing forms from October 2nd Week approx 11th Oct tenatively. Please be prepared to stand in line for aprox 2 hours and the gates will be closed by 12.30 PM. people who are standing outside the gate have to come again next day and more importantly please verify the age criteria of admitting to a class before purchasing the form. They usually issue forms for everyone ( max 2 per person) and later they will not consider applications whose age doesnt fall under age criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7202 View Post
@ Challa

You could try Vidyaniketan or Mallya Aditi.

If you are going to be staying anywhere near Yelahanka then Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Nagarjuna Vidya Niketan is a very good school. Both my children studied there.

kd
Hi KD

Thanks for the update, i did check Vidya Sagar which is actually the feeder school for vidyaniketan, its very tough to get a lkg seat here and iam sure what ever seats 1 or 2 which will be vacant will be filled with High influence people.Heard vidyaniketan school kids come from very high profile background which i do not prefer my kid to be with.

I will checkout Vida Bhavans and iam also keenly looking at St Francis Xavier and Clarence high schools near frazer town. I read in clarence website that they do not admit kids for lkg and their admission process only starts from Preparatory ( UKG) which i need to check with them personally.

Last edited by challa : 21st September 2010 at 15:32.
Old 26th September 2010, 10:47   #64

Hi All,

This is a very useful thread.

Need inputs from folks on this thread on good preschools in indiranagar. My daughter is 1.5 yrs old and we plan to put her in a preschool in Oct. Please advise on good preschools in this area (we hear most preschools take in kids for Playgroup once they are 2 yrs... very few like Little Elly take them in earlier). Any personal experiences, please do send me a personal message. Will greatly appreciate your inputs.

What is the minimum age for admission to preschools in bangalore?
What is the minimum age for admission to 1st standard. I think this is 5 yrs completed or 6 yrs... not sure on this. can anyone clarify please?
Also, do we need to consider tie ups, if any, of these preschools with schools like NPS and new horizon.

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:55   #65
BHPian

Hi,
Does anybody have their kids studying under the woldorf methodology for education.I plan to put my daughter in such a school when she is 3. I was thinking of continuing the same until her 10th standard.Just wanted some feedback on people who have an experiance of such schools first hand.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:10   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
hi guys,
The time has come for me to figure out which school for my son.

He will be joining LKG in June 2011.
I enquired in the following schools:

1. JSS Public school - HSR - They say all their seats are filled up at pre-KG stage, and they can only give seat if someone quits.

2. St. Peter's school, SJpur - They are ready to take him after an entrance test next year. Admission forms in September (sometime now).

3. NPS - Not decided when admission forms will be given - this was in Mid-Aug.

Any other suggestions on schools near HSR / SJpur?

How is Gear international? The others i heard, but not visited yet are Primus/Vibgyor.

There seem to be a different set of "international schools" that are coming up. These charge real high prices - and being parents we simply accept that high prices == better education.
Being a parent, who wants to take a chance??
My daughter goes to Freedom International School in HSR Layout for the last 4 years. I would rate them high above most schools in that area, except for NPS. The annual fees should be somewhere around 50k.
Old 29th September 2010, 09:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_blr View Post
What is the minimum age for admission to preschools in bangalore?
Preschools usually are not that particular about age, in my experience. Typical age is 2 years plus I guess. Kid should be able to communicate about basic needs. Better for the child to go to a preschool nearer to home.

Quote:
What is the minimum age for admission to 1st standard. I think this is 5 yrs completed or 6 yrs... not sure on this. can anyone clarify please?
Are you thinking of changing school at 1st standard? Usually schools take kids for Montessori (3 years) or LKG (4 years). These streams merge at 1st standard. Hence admissions to 1st standard are based on seat vacancy created by some kids moving out of school. These numbers are very less.

For admission to Mont1/LKG, different schools have different criteria. Mont1 is usually completion of 3 years while LKG is completion of 4 years. Sishu Griha (Tippasandra) takes kids born between June-Dec only. NPS/NH does not have this rule but they take kids up to 2 years and 11 months (till July born), not less than that.

Quote:
Also, do we need to consider tie ups, if any, of these preschools with schools like NPS and new horizon.
I have heard of such tie ups, like Neev preschool, Sasken employee creche etc having tie-up with NPS. I really don't know the truth behind these. My son studies in LKG at NPS Indiranagar. When he had got admission to NPS, he was in Mont1 class at Vagdevi Vilas (Marathahalli). Before that, he was in a neighborhood preschool. Atleast for him, tie-ups was not a criteria. I think for NH also, same is the case.

Last edited by sbraj : 29th September 2010 at 09:27.
Old 9th October 2010, 22:37   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_kudle View Post
Hello Fellow TBHPians,

I was just thinking about this for the last 2 days and went through this thread. Hope I will get some valuable suggestion here.

I'm relocating to Banglore in the month of Oct'10
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...othello-2.html

My kid is in Nursary (Age: 3.5 years). So, after shifting to banglore, first I will have to look out for a school (KG-I).
I will be staying in and around electronic city (BTM layout, JP Nagar, Koramangalam etc).
Can anyboy suggest few good schools so that, it will save some of my time and running

My daughter is in SSRVM - Sri Sri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir. This is a CBSE school and follows its own unique methodology - with a focus on experiential learning, rather than rote-based learning. They don't have tests and exams till 4th Std. and homework too is limited. Their motto is 'stress-free value-based education', which I liked. And my (or rather my daughter's) experience has been very good. They have branches at JP Nagar, Varthur, HSR Layout. If the concept looks fine to you, you could have a look at their site SSRVM

Other good schools around Electronics city include:

Bethany High at Koramangala
Delhi Public School at Sarjapur Road
TREAMIS World School, Electronics City

Hope this information was useful. Cheers!
Old 9th October 2010, 23:23   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver View Post
My daughter is in SSRVM - Sri Sri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir. This is a CBSE school and follows its own unique methodology - with a focus on experiential learning, rather than rote-based learning. They don't have tests and exams till 4th Std. and homework too is limited. Their motto is 'stress-free value-based education', which I liked. And my (or rather my daughter's) experience has been very good. They have branches at JP Nagar, Varthur, HSR Layout. If the concept looks fine to you, you could have a look at their site SSRVM

Other good schools around Electronics city include:

Bethany High at Koramangala
Delhi Public School at Sarjapur Road
TREAMIS World School, Electronics City

Hope this information was useful. Cheers!
Initially i had enrolled my kid with their branch at Vidyaranyapura ( I stay here)

But the kind of donations and admission fee being so exorbitant here , i immediately pulled her out and got admission at MES Kishore Kendra (Mysore Education Society) Here its ICSE syllabus, all the teaching staff are young and dynamic, with more focus of education.

Also Ravishankar's they have no tests or exams for kids upto 4th std, which i feel is not good.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 9th October 2010 at 23:25.
Old 9th October 2010, 23:34   #70
BHPian

Quote:
They don't have tests and exams till 4th Std. and homework too is limited.
I have to disagree. My daughters go to the SSRVM school at Kachamaranahalli. The school do conducts tests and exams from 1st to 4th Std.

-- Wind
Old 10th October 2010, 10:21   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
I have to disagree. My daughters go to the SSRVM school at Kachamaranahalli. The school do conducts tests and exams from 1st to 4th Std.
-- Wind
Well, at Vidyaranyapura, they don't have tests and exams. They do the ongoing internal assessment through worksheets. In parents meetings, we are told not to use the term test/exam, as it would create stress!
Old 19th October 2010, 15:38   #72
BHPian

Hello Fiends,

NPS Indranagar will be issuing forms from tomorrow ie 20th October 2010 from 9am to 11 am . Theres no exact cutoff or last date for forms distribution as they will distirubute till the forms are over , expect some heavy crowd and early queue.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:41   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, at Vidyaranyapura, they don't have tests and exams. They do the ongoing internal assessment through worksheets. In parents meetings, we are told not to use the term test/exam, as it would create stress!
AFAIK as per guidence of CBSE there should not be any exams in initial years but most schools violate this.

Yesterday went to observation session for my son at Prakriya for Prep1/LKG they also have same methodology of stress free education.
I liked Prakriya a lot fees will be around 1 L per year the only negative I see is that school is till 10th ( ICSE / IGCSE) so may be after 10th need to go through same cycle for +2.

Right now we have submitted forms in NPS HSR ,NPS Kormangla , Prakriya , Bethney High and Freedom International and waiting for the list to be made available.
Old 21st January 2011, 13:55   #74
BHPian

Re: Bangalore School Admissions

Hello friends

Could someone please let me know the admission criteria for Cluny convent girls school Malleswaram, they will be issuing forms on 26th Jan 2011 from 9 am to 12 PM. For more details on the doucments that needs to be produced during taking the application form please check their website Home - Cluny Convent High School
Old 1st February 2011, 16:15   #75
BHPian

good schools near HSR layout that offer CBSE

Hi,

I am relocating to Bangalore in Feb'11. My son will need admission into 4th std. Any suggestions reg. good schools near HSR layout that offer CBSE? I have submitted application at NPS-HSR Layout, but the chances not known because they will shortlist kids for entrance test only in April based on the number of seats vacated. I want to complete this admission process at the earliest, and hence looking out for other schools.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks