Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 19:23   #736
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I received a link to a similar media report and was wondering if it's indeed true, it does seem to be the case. Let's see how this pans out (the group is extremely influential and powerful and seemingly invincible in the past several years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This has been brewing for quite a while and I am not surprised
I was aware of that, but was quite surprised that the CBSE board made such a decision simply because these guys were all too powerful so I did not expect anything out of this.

Last edited by NPV : 6th September 2016 at 19:40.
Old 6th September 2016, 19:29   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I received a link to a similar media report and was wondering if it's indeed true, it does seem to be the case. Let's see how this pans out (the group is extremely influential and powerful and seemingly invincible in the past several years).
This has been brewing for quite a while and I am not surprised.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle9076620.ece

FIR filed in mysore, and the police are dithering about filing an FIR in bangalore.
Old 6th September 2016, 19:35   #738
BHPian

^^^ Does not surprise me either, given the way they run their admissions process which I suppose is just another symptom for their crass commercialization. Good to learn from the news report that students currently in class 10 & 12 would be permitted to take the board exam - after all its hardly the students fault. A big slap on the wrist of the authorities though
Old 6th September 2016, 19:44   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
IIRC NPS tagged themselves as a "minority institution" so they wouldn't have to take neighborhood children under RTE and shed their exclusiveness.
Old 6th September 2016, 21:13   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
IIRC NPS tagged themselves as a "minority institution" so they wouldn't have to take neighborhood children under RTE and shed their exclusiveness.
When will we see someone put behind bars ASAP when such frauds happens ? They claimed to be 'malayali linguistic minorities' ! Vibgyor is parsi minority.
Old 6th September 2016, 23:02   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
When will we see someone put behind bars ASAP when such frauds happens ? They claimed to be 'malayali linguistic minorities' ! Vibgyor is parsi minority.
Never in my lifetime did I expect that any action would be taken against NPS.

In this case, CBSE has taken action on a complaint from Government of Karnataka, so the owner who has been running a money-making machine all these years in the guise of public service seems to have not only run out of political mileage, but the wheels of justice also seem to be grinding in the right direction.

AFAIK, they do not teach Malayalam in any of their schools. Some linguistic minority schools in Karnataka that teach in Tamil, Telugu, etc. are legit.

What will hurt them most is if CBSE stops new admissions for a year or two and gets them to do some reparations for the kids they stopped all these years from entering on RTE.
Old 6th September 2016, 23:09   #742
Senior - BHPian

As the promoter of NPS has a FIR against him things will wait before any kind of reinstatement, till the matter is sub judice or FIR is dropped. May be a few years till which CBSE won't be able to act.

It is FIR season on eminent educationists. Look at SRM in Chennai for example - tons of engineering colleges not to mention a bus travels service, some mineral water etc etc.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle9036042.ece

And his son is being chased too in a land grab case, for allegedly illegally parking SRM travels buses in a nearby plot belonging to some other person at Koyambedu.
Old 7th September 2016, 10:44   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Never in my lifetime did I expect that any action would be taken against NPS.

In this case, CBSE has taken action on a complaint from Government of Karnataka, so the owner who has been running a money-making machine all these years in the guise of public service seems to have not only run out of political mileage, but the wheels of justice also seem to be grinding in the right direction.

AFAIK, they do not teach Malayalam in any of their schools. Some linguistic minority schools in Karnataka that teach in Tamil, Telugu, etc. are legit.

What will hurt them most is if CBSE stops new admissions for a year or two and gets them to do some reparations for the kids they stopped all these years from entering on RTE.
There are only 5% Malayalis in those schools. Even Malayalis were not aware that they could get admission in this school

Its the same with other christian minority schools where too their numbers are not greater than 10%. This whole charade of minority schools needs a relook. You shoud force them to admit respective minorities upto 75% if they claim so. After getting facilities from local govt how can they be anything other than public school?

Reinstating affiliation is going to be very tough.
Old 19th September 2016, 21:46   #744
BHPian

Quote:
I've heard only good things. A neighbour's grandchild goes to that school.
Only because they liked the school they decided to send the child all the way from Jayanagar to the school near Ulsoor Lake.
Hello NPV,

We are considering moving our daughter from Bangalore Steiner School (Alternate school based on Waldorf Steiner philosophy). The reason is, they are going to move from Sarjapur road to Kanakapura and that makes it impossible for us to follow the school. While considering the alternative schools, i also checked on auro mirra and liked what they have mentioned in their websight. And then i see you posting +ve remarks about the school in our own t-bhp!. Would it be possible for you to share the experience of the parents who sent their kid to this school?. that would be very helpful for us.

On a side note, if anyone looking for alternative school around JP Nagar/Kanakapura, the promise is, you are going to get an excellent alternative school in your area in 2017 June!

Thanks,
Vijay and Kanthi
Old 19th September 2016, 22:32   #745
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayols View Post
Would it be possible for you to share the experience of the parents who sent their kid to this school?. that would be very helpful for us.
I would suggest you visit the school to assess it yourselves first hand, no amount of opinions from other parents should form the only basis for your selection of the school in question. I hope you understand why I'm saying this.
Definitely keep this school in your list along with others and do assess all of them before making a decision.
Much like how you would shortlist cars first based on the specifications and then decide only based on test drives
Old 19th September 2016, 22:39   #746
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you visit the school to assess it yourselves first hand, no amount of opinions from other parents should form the only basis for your selection of the school in question. I hope you understand why I'm saying this.
Definitely keep this school in your list along with others and do assess all of them before making a decision.
Much like how you would shortlist cars first based on the specifications and then decide only based on test drives
Thanks for the response. yes., true. we are planning to visit the school and check out. But an experienced perspective is always an add on factor to consider. That is why the request is.
Old 19th September 2016, 22:44   #747
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayols View Post
Thanks for the response. yes., true. we are planning to visit the school and check out. But an experienced perspective is always an add on factor to consider. That is why the request is.
The family in question has just been struck by a personal tragedy and loss so I would not like to disturb them at the moment. I will try and find a good time to bring this topic up with them and then update you, meantime do visit the school.
Old 20th September 2016, 11:09   #748
BHPian

Quote:
The family in question has just been struck by a personal tragedy and loss so I would not like to disturb them at the moment. I will try and find a good time to bring this topic up with them and then update you, meantime do visit the school.
Thanks so much NPV. I appreciate your response. Please don't bother picking on this topic with them. Our prayers are with them. Once we check out, i will post back our findings. Thanks.
Old 24th September 2016, 15:57   #749
BHPian

I am at the look out for admission into PRE-KG at Chennai for the year 2017-2018, for my son.
PSBB KK nagar is in the list of choice of schools. Does anyone have any information regarding that school, it would be much appreciated.
This is the first time I take upon the most difficult job of my life. Thanks for the inputs.
Old 24th September 2016, 19:18   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I am at the look out for admission into PRE-KG at Chennai for the year 2017-2018, for my son.
PSBB KK nagar is in the list of choice of schools. Does anyone have any information regarding that school, it would be much appreciated.
This is the first time I take upon the most difficult job of my life. Thanks for the inputs.

They have a cutoff sort of distance your home needs to be in - and tend to prefer educated parents, children of alumni etc.

And somehow or the other - without there being any published criteria to the effect - they (and two or three other schools such as PS Senior in Alamelumangapuram / Vidya Mandir in Royapettah) wind up with nearly every student being from, shall we say, a very similar cultural background. You might get an idea of that by just visiting their website - http://www.psbbschools.ac.in/index.php and listening to what plays in the background

They won't let admission seeking parents in for enquiries - and will ask you to check the PSBB portal starting sometime in late october / early november. Watch forums like parentree.in for exact dates - forms start disappearing very fast as only a limited number are issued.

Last edited by hserus : 24th September 2016 at 19:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks