Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 16:35   #766
BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If you are looking to return in 2017, you have to start searching now talk to schools over phone and plan your return back accordingly. I'd estimate anywhere between March to June 2017. Its better to do it this year since your son is still in kindergarten in Germany, there wouldnt be formal schooling yet, and its easier to move your kid this year than it would be next year (2017-18).

If you are planning on a 2018 return, I'd say plan an India trip in summer 2017 look around for schools to join for 2018-19 academic year and fly back. Based on the leads you can plan your return. Do note that the academic year will likely finish late May-early June and academic year begins roundabout the same time in India. January end date won't help, your son would have done only half the year in Germany.
Thanks for information. I am planning to come this December for admission. And completely shift back to India by June 2017
Old 15th November 2016, 12:13   #767
Senior - BHPian

Abhaya Waldorf,Hyderabad:Admissions open for 2017

Admissions are open for the academic year starting June 2017 at Abhaya Waldorf,Hyderabad.

Email from School:
"
Please send Name, Date of Birth and contact number by email to the school admin(schooladmin@abhayaschool.com / 080082 22056) to enable us to schedule assessments.As always we have very limited openings,a prompt response would be appreciated.
"
Old 16th November 2016, 11:12   #768
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,
Need help on admission.
We stay in Kudlu area which is around 3.5 Kms from HSR Layout 27th main. My daughter is 2.2 years old as of now(Born Sep 26th). I'm planning to put her to Kidzee(for play-home) in January. In future i would want to put her in CBSE schools.
Is there any restriction that a child should have attained such and such age to take up Class X or Class XII board exams?
Also, Kidzee are saying the age is Ok (should be 5.4 years in June of that year for Ist Std ) and from June-2017 she will join Nursery and the next year LKG and so on. Later after UKG, she can recommend Mount Litera Zee school(which is CBSE according to them). http://www.zeeschool-southbangalore.org/index.html
Should we join her to Kidzee upto UKG and later scout schools for 1st Std?
Fully confused on where to put her. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 16th November 2016 at 11:15.
Old 16th November 2016, 11:40   #769
Senior - BHPian

Getting admitted into the lowest class in a school is comparatively easy. Getting admitted to higher classes - whether UKG, or 7th / 8th - is disgustingly difficult because all places are filled and slots are released only if a student takes TC to move out of the school as his / her parents are transferred etc.

So if you stick your kid in a school make sure he or she stays there as long as possible. Trust me, running for admissions and encountering venal and greedy school management (and even greedier office staff) is not an easy task. Even tougher if you're honest about paying any 'donation' only through white money channels, for quite a few schools.
Old 16th November 2016, 12:33   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Dear Bhpians,
Need help on admission.
We stay in Kudlu area which is around 3.5 Kms from HSR Layout 27th main. My daughter is 2.2 years old as of now(Born Sep 26th). I'm planning to put her to Kidzee(for play-home) in January. In future i would want to put her in CBSE schools.
Is there any restriction that a child should have attained such and such age to take up Class X or Class XII board exams?
Also, Kidzee are saying the age is Ok (should be 5.4 years in June of that year for Ist Std ) and from June-2017 she will join Nursery and the next year LKG and so on. Later after UKG, she can recommend Mount Litera Zee school(which is CBSE according to them). http://www.zeeschool-southbangalore.org/index.html

Thanks in advance.

Ramki
I was in the same dilemma last year as my daughter's DOB falls in September 2013.

We sent her to nearby pre-school for three months (Jan to Mar '16), so that she gets used to school environment and then we admitted her in Jnana Sweekar Public School, Kanakapura Road for Mont 1, which is equivalent to Nursery.

As I understand there is no age limit fixed by CBSE and they say minimum age shall be as per the State board.

Check out this link from cbse.nic.in http://www.cbse.nic.in/faq/FAQs_2016.pdf

Further, state board says that age limit for admitting in Class I shall be 5 years & 10 months (ideally), but the circular also says, age above 5 is still fine if the parents insists. Check out below link from, which is in Kannada:

http://www.schooleducation.kar.nic.i...geCircular.pdf

So, based on this my daughter will be 5 years and 8 months as on 1st June 2019 for admission to Class I.

Hope this helps.

KK

Edit: PS: Apart from this generic age criteria, please check the age criteria followed by your target schools for Class I.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 16th November 2016 at 12:40. Reason: Addition
Old 16th November 2016, 13:10   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I was in the same dilemma last year as my daughter's DOB falls in September 2013.
Thank you very much KK_HakunaMatata. This info is of great help to me.

Cheers,
Ramki

Last edited by ampere : 31st December 2016 at 10:06. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 16th November 2016, 14:28   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Dear Bhpians,
Need help on admission.

Thanks in advance.

Ramki
Most schools will admit your child into Nursery/PreKG or Montoserri-1 in June 2017. Most schools (in the HSR-Sarjapur-ORR belt) expect the child to be min 2 yr 6 months for admission into Nursery. Some schools say 2 years 10 months and very few insist on 3 years as of June 1st. In all probability your kid will be admitted to Nursery in June 2017.

In June 2017 your kid will be 2 years and 8 months. Personally I feel that is too young to start of in a big school and travel in a school bus etc..

My recommendation would be to put her in Kidzee for Nursery and then in June 2018 for LKG, switch to a proper school. Getting admission in LKG is will not be difficult, UKG and beyond it becomes progressively difficult.
Old 16th November 2016, 15:08   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Most schools will admit your child into Nursery/PreKG or Montoserri-1 in June 2017. Most schools (in the HSR-Sarjapur-ORR belt) expect the child to be min 2 yr 6 months for admission into Nursery. Some schools say 2 years 10 months and very few insist on 3 years as of June 1st. In all probability your kid will be admitted to Nursery in June 2017.

In June 2017 your kid will be 2 years and 8 months. Personally I feel that is too young to start of in a big school and travel in a school bus etc..

My recommendation would be to put her in Kidzee for Nursery and then in June 2018 for LKG, switch to a proper school. Getting admission in LKG is will not be difficult, UKG and beyond it becomes progressively difficult.
Thank you Rajeevraj for a nice idea of switching after Nursery/Montoserri. All experienced bhpians are giving me many useful info. Blessed being a bhpian.

Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 16th November 2016 at 15:10.
Old 22nd November 2016, 14:44   #774
Senior - BHPian

Millennium National School in Pune has started their admission procedure for Nursery class.

More details below:

http://myshala.com/admissions/

http://myshala.com/admissions/dates/

http://myshala.com/admissions/procedure/

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 31st December 2016, 09:41   #775
BHPian

Hi All - Any idea how is Royale Concorde school (Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore) in terms of sports and other extra curricular activities? They don't even seem to have a ground in the school campus.
Old 1st January 2017, 08:40   #776
Senior - BHPian

St. Joseph's Boys' High School, Museum Road, Bangalore 560025.
Admissions to LKG – 2017
Application forms for admission to LKG for the academic year 2017 – 2018 will be issued online on Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th of January 2017. They can be downloaded from the school website www.sjbhsbangalore.in after filling in the necessary information. No application forms will be issued by the school office.

Note: The application forms will be available for download only on the above mentioned dates i.e. on 6th January, 2017 and 7th January, 2017. Thereafter no application form will be issued and enquiries regarding the same will not be entertained. Kindly read the guidelines carefully before filling in the application form.

The hard copy of the duly filled in E-application form may be submitted at the school registration desk from 9th January to 14th January 2017 between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.

The last date to submit the filled in E-application forms is 14th January 2017.

Admissions are NOT on a first-come first-served basis. All applications submitted on or before 14th January 2017, will be considered.

Kindly submit the following documents at the School Registration Desk:

1. Fully completed and signed E-application form with 3 passport sized photographs, one of the student, one of his father and one of his mother.

2. Birth certificate of the child (child should have completed 4 years of age on June 1, 2017)
• Baptism certificate along with a letter from the Parish Priest stating that the parents belong to his parish. This is for Roman Catholics only. (Photo copy)
• Corporation certificate of Birth with name of the child-for all others. (Photo copy)
• Caste Certificate where applicable specifying the category to which the applicant belongs (Photo copy).

3. Proof of present residential address (Copy of Passport/ Aadhar card/ Voter’s ID card/ Telephone Bill/ Rental Agreement with Electricity Bill).

4. Details of sibling/siblings studying in this school - where applicable

5. Proof of father being an Alumnus - if applicable

6. Attested copies of the highest Educational qualifications of both the parents.

Students who have been selected as well as those who have not, will be informed of the same by post/courier by the last week of February 2017.

Guidelines:

1. Kindly go to the website at: www.sjbhsbangalore.in.

2. Register yourself with a valid E-mail id by providing student’s details, mobile number etc.

3. Proceed with the online payment of the Application fee of Rs. 200 through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.

4. Once the payment is done, you will be directed to fill in the Application form.

5. Fill in all the details in the Application form correctly and then click on the ‘submit’ button.

6. Any false information given in the Application form will result in suitable action being taken at the discretion of the management.

7. A soft copy of the duly filled in E-application form will be generated with an E-application form number.

8. Once the form is submitted, you will be able to download the updated Admission form in your respective login.

9. Kindly fill in and submit only one E-application form, as duplicate applications will be rejected.

10. Any enquiries with regard to admissions will not be entertained.

11. Recommendations of any kind will disqualify the candidate.

12. Parents are advised to apply for admissions to other schools also.

13. Seats to LKG in this school are limited.

Please note that we do not take donations for any admissions. We do not have any agents through whom you can procure seats. You are strongly advised not to give any money to anyone who promises you a seat in our school. You will be doing so at your own risk.

Rev. Fr. Clifford Sequeira, SJ
Principal
Attached Thumbnails
The School & College Admissions Thread-2017.jpg  

Old 7th January 2017, 10:54   #777
Oxy
BHPian

Might be a bit OT, but I am in need of some help here.

My son will be going to UKG in June this year. We have got a circular from the school asking us to choose between Kannada and Hindi as the second language. We are non locals living in Bangalore.

Since we have settled in Bangalore, I really want him to learn the local language, and I also see this as a chance to learn it myself. But home minister disagrees, her point being, if he happens to struggle, we won't be able to help him as we are alien to the language ourselves.

He always has the option to choose Kannada/Hindi as the third language five years down the line, but if the school introduces a foreign language by that time, I would like him to get into that.

Our only concern is the difficulty level of the second language as compared to the third language. What do you guys suggest?
Old 7th January 2017, 12:43   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Might be a bit OT, but I am in need of some help here.

My son will be going to UKG in June this year. We have got a circular from the school asking us to choose between Kannada and Hindi as the second language. We are non locals living in Bangalore.

Since we have settled in Bangalore, I really want him to learn the local language, and I also see this as a chance to learn it myself. But home minister disagrees, her point being, if he happens to struggle, we won't be able to help him as we are alien to the language ourselves.

He always has the option to choose Kannada/Hindi as the third language five years down the line, but if the school introduces a foreign language by that time, I would like him to get into that.

Our only concern is the difficulty level of the second language as compared to the third language. What do you guys suggest?

Go with Hindi would be my suggestion.Kannada he would anyways pick up from friends and others around him-enough to get him around.If neither of the parents speak Kannada and on the other hand are comfortable with Hindi,then like your wife said,you would be dependent on external help for clearing doubts and for any other.assistance that your child might need.

In my daughter's school they have a beautiful method wherein the local language opted kids and the Hindi opted kids sit together for both the classes.Thereby the kids are proficient in fluently speaking and understanding both the languages.The only difference being that the Hindi kids don't write the other language and neither are they evaluated for their other language skills.If only all schools believed in and followed such methods we would no more have problems with integration into the local fabric of India.Thanks to this my daughter speaks fluently and grammatically correct Hindi and Telugu irrespective of the fact that neither of the two is her native tongue
Old 7th January 2017, 14:19   #779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

Faced with the same dilemma, we decided to go with Hindi( neither Hindi nor Kannada is my language). Main reason was to be safe. No real guarantee that we will be in Bangalore/ Karnataka for the next 10-12 years(atleast in my case). After 3-4 years or more switching to Hindi will be very difficult and another local language will be next to impossible (even if it is ones mother tounge). The hindi syllabus even in standard 1-3 seems very heavy to me. With Hindi one can be sure it is offered as a 2nd language irrespective of the state or place.

Even I wish for my kid to learn Kannada, but hope she will pick it up naturally.
Old 7th January 2017, 18:09   #780
Senior - BHPian

Forms available online only for the next six hours...

[quote=vinay kamath;4119353]St. Joseph's Boys' High School, Museum Road, Bangalore 560025.
Admissions to LKG – 2017
Application forms for admission to LKG for the academic year 2017 – 2018 will be issued online on Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th of January 2017. They can be downloaded from the school website www.sjbhsbangalore.in after filling in the necessary information. No application forms will be issued by the school office.

Note: The application forms will be available for download only on the above mentioned dates i.e. on 6th January, 2017 and 7th January, 2017. Thereafter no application form will be issued........

Most Viewed