Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2011, 16:25   #76
BHPian

Re: Bangalore School Admissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Also Ravishankar's they have no tests or exams for kids upto 4th std, which i feel is not good.
And why is that?

People, I'm finishing my 10th privately and I'm not sure about where to study Science next year. Any suggestions (CBSE/State). I was thinking of shifting back to KV. NO to NPS
Old 1st February 2011, 16:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
AFAIK as per guidence of CBSE there should not be any exams in initial years but most schools violate this.

Yesterday went to observation session for my son at Prakriya for Prep1/LKG they also have same methodology of stress free education.
I liked Prakriya a lot fees will be around 1 L per year the only negative I see is that school is till 10th ( ICSE / IGCSE) so may be after 10th need to go through same cycle for +2.

Right now we have submitted forms in NPS HSR ,NPS Kormangla , Prakriya , Bethney High and Freedom International and waiting for the list to be made available.

Just an update as the thread got bumped today.

After the observation session Prakriya guys called for an interview of parents and perhaps they did not like my job profile and way I spend time with family etc and never heard from them again.

Meanwhile got a call from NPS Indiranagar which was least expected they asked to come Had a brief interaction with the chairman and there after that deposited the draft.
So this defies all the criteria which people say NPS applies, I think they just pick up few forms randomly.

This was in Dec 2010.

Last edited by amitk26 : 1st February 2011 at 16:30.
Old 1st March 2011, 07:08   #78
BANNED

How is the schools under Manipal K12 group like Manipal Amara Jyothi Public School | Manipal Amara Jyothi Public School & Manipal Tattva School | Manipal Tattva School ?

I've also seen a bad remark at Back-breaking fees spark protest in Bangalore - Bangalore - DNA

Any reviews about the school or the Manipal K12 in general ?
Old 1st March 2011, 11:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

List of best schools in the country. This is compiled by Education World through a survey covering many parameters. They also provide region-wise breakup of schools. I have attached a snapshot of the list here with the details in a pdf document on the website above.
Attached Thumbnails
The School & College Admissions Thread-schools-snap.jpg  

Old 7th April 2011, 12:56   #80
BHPian

Hi All,

Just relocated from Mumbai to Bangalore. Staying near Kormangala Sony World signal.
My 4 year old kid got admission in LKG in Baldwin Boys School, Richmond Town.
Can anybody let me know or summarize the Baldwin Boy's school overall review. How is the school? How are the teachers there? This was the only school where I got admission as we are a bit late for admission process in Bangalore.
I'm very anxious for the feedback on Baldwin Boys school.
Old 7th April 2011, 14:41   #81
BHPian

Off topic. Read the joke ?

Don’t admit students before April: Karnataka edu dept - Bangalore - DNA
Old 21st October 2011, 03:31   #82
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Read each and every post on this thread and am really confused. Need some clarification badly.

My understanding of schooling is pre kg (kinder garden) - LKG/UKG - 1st to 10th standard - 11th & 12th standard. Correct me if i am wrong.

First the background - My daughter is 1 year 7 months old now. Am seeking information for her admission in a school which has pre kg (kinder garden) so that i need not change the school when she is of the age to go for LKG/UKG/1ST standard.

Location - In and around Yelahanka (most probably) or Malleshwaram/Rajajinagar.

Syllabus prefered - ICSE/CBSE

Now time for questions.

Scenario 1 - I want to put her in a school which has pre kg (kinder garden) - LKG/UKG - 1st to 10th standard - 11th & 12th standard. All in one basically. To get admission in such a school:-

1. What should be the minimum age of a kid to enroll for the pre kg (kinder garden)?
2. Once the kid completes the pre kg (kinder garden) course do i have to go through the interview/admission process again for getting an admission to LKG/UKG in the same school?
2. Which are the good schools that you guys are aware of which have pre kg (kinder garden) to 10th or 12th standard system?

Scenario 2 - Pre kg (Kinder garden) to be done at EURO KIDZ/KIDZEE etc and later get the kid an admission for LKG/UKG in a proper school.

1.What should be the minimum age of the kid to join EURO KIDZ/KIDZEE? How many years does the kid have to study there before getting admission for LKG/UKG?

2. What is the minimum age for getting admission for LKG/UKG?

3.Which are the good schools which provide admission from LKG/UKG onwards?

Thanks in advance guys. Need info on this badly.
Old 30th October 2011, 06:35   #83
BHPian

Does anybody have any opinions on Mitra Academy, Bannerghatta Rd.
Old 30th October 2011, 09:13   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hi Guys,

Read each and every post on this thread and am really confused. Need some clarification badly.

My understanding of schooling is pre kg (kinder garden) - LKG/UKG - 1st to 10th standard - 11th & 12th standard. Correct me if i am wrong.

First the background - My daughter is 1 year 7 months old now. Am seeking information for her admission in a school which has pre kg (kinder garden) so that i need not change the school when she is of the age to go for LKG/UKG/1ST standard.

Location - In and around Yelahanka (most probably) or Malleshwaram/Rajajinagar.

Syllabus prefered - ICSE/CBSE

Now time for questions.

Scenario 1 - I want to put her in a school which has pre kg (kinder garden) - LKG/UKG - 1st to 10th standard - 11th & 12th standard. All in one basically. To get admission in such a school:-

1. What should be the minimum age of a kid to enroll for the pre kg (kinder garden)?
2. Once the kid completes the pre kg (kinder garden) course do i have to go through the interview/admission process again for getting an admission to LKG/UKG in the same school?
2. Which are the good schools that you guys are aware of which have pre kg (kinder garden) to 10th or 12th standard system?

Scenario 2 - Pre kg (Kinder garden) to be done at EURO KIDZ/KIDZEE etc and later get the kid an admission for LKG/UKG in a proper school.

1.What should be the minimum age of the kid to join EURO KIDZ/KIDZEE? How many years does the kid have to study there before getting admission for LKG/UKG?

2. What is the minimum age for getting admission for LKG/UKG?

3.Which are the good schools which provide admission from LKG/UKG onwards?

Thanks in advance guys. Need info on this badly.
Torque123, Since your kid is only 1 year 6 months now, all you can get her into is Playschools like Eurokids, Kidzee etc where they start taking in children of your daughter's age.

For regular ICSE / CBSE schools, the minimum age criteria is 3 years as of June every year. So your kid will go into this regular school in the year 2013 only. Typically these schools have three stages of playgroup which they call PGI, PGII and PGIII after which they get into 1st standard. The admission for the regular school starts as early as August the previous year. Hence you should start scouting for applications and submission starting from Aug 2012 for your daughter. All the very best and take care of getting proper review of schools before you admit your little one.
Old 30th October 2011, 23:21   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Does anybody have any opinions on Mitra Academy, Bannerghatta Rd.
Not much options on BG road. You can try BGS NPS, Ryan, PSBB.
Not heard abt mitra.
Old 13th November 2011, 23:06   #86
BHPian

Any experience or opinion on Sherwood high on Bannerghatta road? I am scouting for school in this area for my daughter.. Visited the school last saturday, building is pretty modern and infrastructure seems to be good, construction happening on otherside for tennis court/swimming pool etc.. what do you guys think? Not many reviews.. Where does this school stand in comparison to DPS and Kumaran?
Old 17th November 2011, 21:22   #87
BHPian

I just love TeamBhp, everything can be found here.
to get to the point, i need to figure out this school admission thing.
My son is going to be 3 this nov end. He currently goes to playgroup at EuroKids Sahakarnagar.
We would like to have in join VNS (Vidya Niketan )at hebbal once he is off age.
I would like to know what is the process and if anyone knows the fee structure.
From what i gather we first need to get admission to VidaySagar and then enter VidyaNiketan.
Is there a way to get admited to VNS without going to Vidya Sagar?
A firend had mentioned their daughter did very well in the interview for Viday sagar but in the Form they mentioned VNS and VidayShilpa they did not get selected.
Any advice on this would be helpful.

Also how is Sindhi School in Hebbal, as i stay in Kodigehalli targeting these schools.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 17th November 2011 at 21:38.
Old 24th November 2011, 23:35   #88
BHPian

Delhi Public School, south

This is the DPS in kanakpura road. Anybody who has experience dealing with them, please, need some clarification.

I had submitted nursery admission form on October 29th along with prospectus fees of Rs 600. I was told that their shortlisting process will start soon and I will be informed. After two weeks when I called, they said wait for another week or 10 days. After another two weeks on 18Nov when I called they said next monday (21 Nov) evening results will be out. When no information from them on 21st, I called and they said admissions are over by last saturday, if I didn't receive any call from them means my son was not selected. This all from the reception desk people. No lists of selected people were out or published.

This is a gross way to get treated after paying money. Though money is not much but we would have appreciated if they informed us with a firm yes or no instead of hiding behind that cloak "you will get a call".

Did others here had similar experiences?
Old 25th November 2011, 11:41   #89
BHPian

The "School Admissions" Thread

I got this idea from a similar thread for Bangalore schools.

First some background - My son will be 3 years next year and it is that time of the year when I have to scout for a good school for him. I am looking for a good school like any other parent. He is a bit shy but picks up things very quickly. I feel he needs individual teacher attention.

My requirements:

1. Good academics
2. Good co-curricular options - Sports/Debates/Dramatics etc.
3. Good Teacher:Student ratio
4. Good infrastructure
5. CBSE/ICSE/International syllabus
6. Reasonable fee

I know that I will have to compromise on some of these requirements as there is no perfect school. I am sure many parents would be in a similar dilemma. Some of the schools I have shortlisted:

1. Bishops (Bishops boys do not have a nursery so the Kalyani Nagar branch)
2. Vibgyor High
3. St. Mary's Boys
4. Dastur
5. St. Vincent's
6. Victorius Kidss - The fee is pretty steep
7. I stay in Magarpatta and don't want the school to be very far

Please help me out with your feedback.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:46   #90
BHPian

Re: Delhi Public School, south

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
This is the DPS in kanakpura road. Anybody who has experience dealing with them, please, need some clarification.

I had submitted nursery admission form on October 29th along with prospectus fees of Rs 600. I was told that their shortlisting process will start soon and I will be informed. After two weeks when I called, they said wait for another week or 10 days. After another two weeks on 18Nov when I called they said next monday (21 Nov) evening results will be out. When no information from them on 21st, I called and they said admissions are over by last saturday, if I didn't receive any call from them means my son was not selected. This all from the reception desk people. No lists of selected people were out or published.

This is a gross way to get treated after paying money. Though money is not much but we would have appreciated if they informed us with a firm yes or no instead of hiding behind that cloak "you will get a call".

Did others here had similar experiences?
Yeah. This is the way it normally works. I was in school searching mode last year, and almost all schools call when selected, but not call otherwise. So, its upto us to keep calling them up, to see "when they are supposed to call".

I think we really need to have some regulatory authority for schools. I myself had paid fees in one school and then got admission in another school which i preferred. So, i lost some amount of money as the previous school did not refund the full amount (the cancellation of admission was just 3 days after the admission ). Ironical but thats the way they make money.

Most Viewed