Team-BHP - The School & College Admissions Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The School & College Admissions Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/71698-school-college-admissions-thread-64.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_gt (Post 4696371)
Please consider NPS Whitefield as well but I don't know if they are accepting the admissions now.
Chrysalis high - the approach road is a swimming pool during rainy months.
There is a new Chrysalis High comping up in Marq Assetz Campus. It's an ICSE based school.
NPS ITPL - It's a good school but I see that it's not so popular due to some unknown reasons. Anyways it's a franchise of NPS.

Thank you. Yes for some strange reasons NPS ITPL is having seats whereas NPS Whitefield is full. They aren't taking any more students.
Chrysalis - the new one's construction is still in progress. And its ICSE so was looking at the older one but yes the approach road is horrible. It is not rainy reason now but after the current rains the road was pretty bad the day I went there.
Shriram Global OMR and Whitefield Global appeared better to me but this is purely intuition. Shriram OMR is a new school but I liked the approach of the principal when we spoke to her. Whitefield Global is an established school now but again not sure how is the studies. Infrastructure wise looked good.

Nursery admission notice pasted outside Sophia School, Palace Road

Any schools with IB curriculum around Manyata Tech Park or the general Hebbal/Yelahanka vicinity? Sister's family is relocating to Bangalore, and they'd like to keep workplace, home & school in a reasonable radius.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4707265)
Any schools with IB curriculum around Manyata Tech Park or the general Hebbal/Yelahanka vicinity? Sister's family is relocating to Bangalore, and they'd like to keep workplace, home & school in a reasonable radius.

Had heard good feedback about Trio World Academy. The only other IB/IGCSE international school in the vicinity that I know of is Bangalore International School (somewhere near Kothanur on Hennur road)- haven't heard any feedback about this one. I'm not sure if either of them follow IB or IGCSE. You'll need to check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4707265)

DPS North Bangalore has IGCSE admissions open now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivek_lm (Post 4711085)
Had heard good feedback about Trio World Academy. The only other IB/IGCSE international school in the vicinity that I know of is Bangalore International School (somewhere near Kothanur on Hennur road)- haven't heard any feedback about this one. I'm not sure if either of them follow IB or IGCSE. You'll need to check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 (Post 4711245)
DPS North Bangalore has IGCSE admissions open now.

Thanks. Adding to visit list.

LKG admissions for 2020-2021 are now open to the following schools:

1. Baldwin (both boys & girls)
2. Bishop Cotton (both boys & girls)
3. St. Johns

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivek_lm (Post 4711085)
Had heard good feedback about Trio World Academy.

My Daughter is studying at Trio since Nursery. Now she is in K2. We are very happy with the school; be it on the education front or the extracurricular activities.

Trio was recommended to me by Bhpians Parag Sachania and Pavan Kadam. :thumbs up

Hi Kolkata based Bhpians, our child has been selected for admission in Garden High school and DPS Ruby Park.

He is 3.5 years old and not eligible this year for Don Bosco or St Xaviers which were my preferences. I missed applying for South Point (may apply if they reopen applications in January) and La Martiniere (admissions will open only in February). We may try for Don Bosco & St Xaviers in the next year or may stay put if he adjusts to the school well.

We are working parents and the child will primarily be with his grandparents and a full-time nanny for education / homework.

We have approximately till 24th Dec to decide where to enrol him. What is your feedback and preference out of the two schools mentioned? Any pointers are appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalnirvana (Post 4715802)
Hi Kolkata based Bhpians, our child has been selected for admission in Garden High school and DPS Ruby Park.

Based on my experience, DPS Ruby Park is the better school (both academics and extra-curriculars). I think the crowd at DPS RP is better too. All the best!

Also, please consider taking some more opinions before you admit your child to Bosco or SXCS.

Admission notice 2020 of St. Joseph's Boys' High School, Bangalore

Dear Parent

We invite you to apply to our school for your son’s entry into LKG.

Please note that we do not take donations for admission. We do not have any agents through whom you can procure seats. Do not give any money to anyone who promises you a seat in our school. You will be doing so at your own risk.

Application forms for admission to LKG for the academic year 2020-21 will be issued online from Friday, 3rd January 2020 to Wednesday, 8th January 2020. They can be downloaded from the school website www.sjbhs.edu.in.

The hard copy of the duly filled in E-application form may be submitted at the school registration desk from 6th to 11th January 2020 between 9:00am and 3:00pm. The last date to submit the filled in E-application form is 11th January 2020.

Admissions are NOT on a first-come first-served basis. All applications submitted on or before 11th January 2020, will be considered.

Boys who have been selected as well as those who have not, will be informed of the same by post/courier in the last week of February 2020.

You can apply online ONLY on the above mentioned dates. Thereafter no application form will be issued and enquiries regarding the same will not be entertained.

No application forms will be issued by the school office.

Parents are advised to apply for admissions to other schools as our seats for LKG are limited.

Please submit the following documents at the School Registration Desk:

Fully completed and signed E-application form with 3 passport sized photographs, one of the student, one of his father and one of his mother.

Birth certificate of the child (child should have completed 4 years of age on June 1, 2020)

Corporation certificate of Birth with name of the child - for all. (Photo copy)

Caste Certificate where applicable specifying the category to which the applicant belongs (Photo copy).

Baptism certificate along with a letter from the Parish Priest stating that the parents belong to his parish. This is for Catholics only. (Photo copy)

Aadhaar card of the child. (Photo copy)

Proof of present residential address (Copy of Passport/ Aadhaar card/ Voter’s ID card/ Rental Agreement with Electricity Bill).

Details of sibling studying in this school - where applicable

Proof of parent being an Alumnus - if applicable

Attested copies of the highest Educational qualifications of both the parents.

Guidelines:
The application form may be downloaded at: www.sjbhs.edu.in

After filling in the application form on the website, please click on the submit button. A soft copy of the duly filled in E-application form will be generated with an E-application form number. The same will be sent to your email ID for your reference.

At the time of submission of the duly filled in E-application form, an amount of ₹250/- is to be paid online

Kindly fill in and submit only one E-application form, as duplicate applications will be rejected.

Any enquiries about admissions will not be entertained.

Recommendations of any kind will disqualify the candidate.

Rev Fr Sunil Fernandes SJ
Principal

HAL Public School on Suranjandas Road is now issuing applications for Class XI (CBSE). They only offer Science groups - PCMB and PCMC. Application forms are being issued at the school premises from 27 Jan thru 7 Feb between 1pm-3:30pm. For more details look up their website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4740316)
HAL Public School on Suranjandas Road is now issuing applications for Class XI (CBSE).

The schools are using the COVID situation to dish out new excuses and bypass all normal admission procedures (and as in most schools today, absolutely no transparency).

While many parents have enrolled their children in "integrated" PUC courses, others have managed to secure admissions in CBSE/ICSE schools (the ones that conducted an entrance test as well as those that decide based on score obtained in pre-board/mid-term exams, etc).

In a way, this has led to a situation where the schools that are yet to conduct entrance tests are thinking about if/how students will actually join their schools.
For example, HAL public school suddenly put out a list of students selected and announced that their admissions are over :Shockked: They didn't conduct the entrance test and when we enquired they said that it is based on the pre-board examination score. We know for a fact that this is not true because couple of my daughter's classmates had applied and one of the toppers didn't get the admission whereas the other student got through with much lesser marks.

*I'm also expecting National Public school to do something similar very soon, they've put off their entrance test indefinitely and it's a highly sought after school.

God save our education system please:

Sending kids to school this year is risky. Even if one kid falls sick there will be pandemonium, countrywide. Home schooling/Baijus appears the best solution for now. A private bank opened their doors (full time) near my area, within weeks it is 'contained' due to Covid situation. It's now shut. Heard about this yesterday. One can't be too careful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4817843)
While many parents have enrolled their children in "integrated" PUC courses, others have managed to secure admissions in CBSE/ICSE schools (the ones that conducted an entrance test as well as those that decide based on score obtained in pre-board/mid-term exams, etc).

The forms given during Jan last week, as you mentioned in your previous post, were for the kids studying in Xth and joining XI in June 2020 right? I ask because my son is staring his Xth now (June 2020). He joined FIIT JEE classes starting IXth and wants to continue till XII but the institute will be having tie up with college.

One of my friend's son also took the same approach (integrated) and got admission to IIT last year. I see you are not in favor of integrated college approach. Any reasons why? Let me know if the below paragraph answers my question.

When we were in PUC (decades back in Dharwad), there was no concept of "integrated" courses / training for IITs etc. Only a few tried to appear for IIT JEE then. Getting admission to REC Surathkal was the "in thing" those days. The colleges we attended were "proper" colleges where we took classes and practicals seriously, wrote journals, attended sports meets and so on. I do not know how serious are colleges now a days imparting the practical knowledge to kids and teach science subjects in a way they are supposed to be taught.

I am against the son's idea of joining the integrated course, but have relented as he doing quite well "solving" the JEE questions. But I am not happy at all. Maybe I am an old timer...