Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2020, 11:50   #961
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
The forms given during Jan last week, as you mentioned in your previous post, were for the kids studying in Xth and joining XI in June 2020 right?
One of my friend's son also took the same approach (integrated) and got admission to IIT last year. I see you are not in favor of integrated college approach. Any reasons why?
Yes the forms were for class XI 2020-21, so now the school has basically completed their admission procedures for the academic year without the entrance test and not mentioning any cut-off marks that were considered when selecting the candidates.
Coming to integrated PUC courses, it is basically run by institutes/tutorials as they were referred to earlier.

These guys have tied up with mostly small time PUC colleges and use their facilities/campus. Of course, now most of the classes are conducted online.
This works well for those who want to pursue engineering/medicine/IIT courses. These institutions basically prepare them for the PUC exams as well as the various entrance exams.

My personal opinion is that some of the institutes are focused more on how to crack the entrance tests rather than teach concepts to the students.

As for my daughter, she wants to pursue a course in Design/Architecture, so prefers to study at one of good/old school PUC colleges. DQ Labs is one of institutions that provide coaching for the entrance tests related to these disciplines but we're currently undecided about enrolling her there.

Last edited by NPV : 5th June 2020 at 11:59.
Old 5th June 2020, 14:14   #962
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sending kids to school this year is risky. Even if one kid falls sick there will be pandemonium, countrywide. Home schooling/Baijus appears the best solution for now.
At this point do we know or can we be confident that it won't be risky next year ? We're dealing with a new unknown and lots of uncertainty, we just need to live with this in the new normal and take abundant precautions going forward not just this year but for several years probably.
Old 6th June 2020, 12:13   #963
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Contrary to my apprehensions, National Public School is indeed conducting the entrance test for Class XI 2020-21, albeit in Online format for the very first time this year!

It is scheduled for Sunday June 7 2020 and today (June 6) is the last date for Pre-registration to confirm. The email in this regard was sent on 5 June, so they're moving pretty quickly on the admissions front.

*Of course one needs to have submitted the application form back in October 2019

Last edited by NPV : 6th June 2020 at 12:14.
Old 7th June 2020, 15:03   #964
Senior - BHPian

City: Bangalore

I have a slightly different question. June 2020 my kid should have been in LKG (Age: 3.6 yrs) but we are thinking to Home School him given the COVID situation for this year.

If we proceed on these lines, how easy/difficult would it be to get him an admission for June 2021 for UKG?

I believe the process of admissions for UKG for June 2021 also would be starting sometime around now as soon as COVID settles - is that right?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 7th June 2020 at 15:05.
Old 7th June 2020, 15:14   #965
BHPian

Did you get an admission at 3.6 for lkg? My kid is sep born and missed cut offs at many schools.

Most schools don't have a separate admission process for UKG. Generally based on vacancies and have to approach the school directly. Shouldn't be very difficult though.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 10:03   #966
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
City: Bangalore

I have a slightly different question. June 2020 my kid should have been in LKG (Age: 3.6 yrs) but we are thinking to Home School him given the COVID situation for this year.

If we proceed on these lines, how easy/difficult would it be to get him an admission for June 2021 for UKG?
LKG & UKG are actually pre-school years So:

Theoretical answer : should not be a big deal to get him admitted next year or another year later to class 1

Practical answer: some schools will not be forthcoming with admissions next year for UKG or if you try a year later to class 1 and they will (try their best to) use this situation to their advantage and try to make you feel desperate since you made the mistake of not admitting the child in LKG. When you show more keeness in getting the admission, they will collect the fees and then it will seem like a win-win situation. Sadly, this is how most schools in India work

Also, your child needs to be 5 years 10 months old as of June 1 when joining Class 1. If possible, I would suggest delaying the child's admission by a year, it will only help the child more in terms of mental growth. My nephew is a November born who joined school a tad late and it helped immensely by the time he took the class X board exams

Last edited by NPV : 8th June 2020 at 10:05.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 10:55   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Thanks. Adding to visit list.
Also, check Legacy School Bangalore. I studied there for 3 years and absolutely loved it!
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 11:52   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Did you get an admission at 3.6 for lkg? My kid is sep born and missed cut offs at many schools.

Most schools don't have a separate admission process for UKG. Generally based on vacancies and have to approach the school directly. Shouldn't be very difficult though.
Not yet - we were sending him to Montessori at Pearls & Petals before the LockDown. But I think your point will impact my son as well as he is mid-Dec 2016 born.
So does it mean we have to actually attempt at getting him into LKG next year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also, your child needs to be 5 years 10 months old as of June 1 when joining Class 1. If possible, I would suggest delaying the child's admission by a year, it will only help the child more in terms of mental growth. My nephew is a November born who joined school a tad late and it helped immensely by the time he took the class X board exams
Thanks - he is Dec 2016 born, so I guess we have to plan for LKG next June which should possibly make things easier then.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 12:28   #969
BHPian

Bangalore folks, need your help and guidance.

I will be moving to Bangalore early next year (depending on COVID and my son's admission, but looks like April 2021). I still have to select the area and the criterian is -
  1. Comparatively easy to drive to Whitefield (PSN / Divyasree) and Bellandur (Pritech Park SEZ). I expect to work from Whitefield for 3-4 days, Bellandur once a week/fortnight and 1-2 days from home.
  2. Near my son's school. He will be almost 4 year old in June next year.
  3. Where the rental for a un furnished or semi-furnished 2BHK is in 25-30 K range.
  4. I am looking for a CBSE school for my son and also some sensible option, can't spent more than 1.5-2 Lakh p.a. and I have heard stories of 3-5 lakh fees for some good schools.
So the real question is where to seek admission for my son. At this point I have applied to DPS Whitefield, NPS Indira Nagar, Chrysalis High Kadugodi. I would apply to Vydehi Whitefield when admission opens there. We couldn't apply to Kideens as the admission closed within a day :(
  1. What are other good school, I should apply to?
  2. Many people have suggested Varthur as a good area to live in as well as for schools. Any suggestions?
  3. Chrysalis High has offered admission. How is it as compared to DPS and Vydehi? We haven't visited any of these but the inline review seems to favour DPS, Vydehi than Chrysalis - any first hand view?

Thanks in advance for your guidance and suggestions.
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:37   #970
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
Please consider staying closer to the school, not a good idea to have children commute long distances for schooling. So, if you're looking for accommodation in Whitefield, don't have your son go to NPS, Indiranagar!

Coming to CBSE schools in and around Whitefield, I would suggest adding the Euro school, Dean's Academy and Ryan International to your list, not sure about the fees part though.

Edit: staying in varthur will give you the advantage of being somewhere mid way between your office locations at Prestige Shantiniketan, Whitefield & Pritech, Kadubeesanahalli (outer ring road). Varthur opens up more schooling options as well like TISB, Greenwood international etc but I'm not sure which of these are affiliated to CBSE though.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd November 2020 at 13:41.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 16:41   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post

I will be moving to Bangalore early next year (depending on COVID and my son's admission, but looks like April 2021). I still have to select the area and the criterian is -
  1. Comparatively easy to drive to Whitefield (PSN / Divyasree) and Bellandur (Pritech Park SEZ). I expect to work from Whitefield for 3-4 days, Bellandur once a week/fortnight and 1-2 days from home.
  2. Near my son's school. He will be almost 4 year old in June next year.
  3. Where the rental for a un furnished or semi-furnished 2BHK is in 25-30 K range.
  4. I am looking for a CBSE school for my son and also some sensible option, can't spent more than 1.5-2 Lakh p.a. and I have heard stories of 3-5 lakh fees for some good schools.
So the real question is where to seek admission for my son. At this point I have applied to DPS Whitefield, NPS Indira Nagar, Chrysalis High Kadugodi. I would apply to Vydehi Whitefield when admission opens there. We couldn't apply to Kideens as the admission closed within a day :(
  1. What are other good school, I should apply to?
  2. Many people have suggested Varthur as a good area to live in as well as for schools. Any suggestions?
  3. Chrysalis High has offered admission. How is it as compared to DPS and Vydehi? We haven't visited any of these but the inline review seems to favour DPS, Vydehi than Chrysalis - any first hand view?

Thanks in advance for your guidance and suggestions.
You can choose to live near Bellandur (the Sobha Cluster in Green Glen layout is a good place). For school, you can look at NPS HSR or NPS Koramangala.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:27   #972
BHPian

Anybody has any feedback on Ryan International School in north Bangalore ?
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:38   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnov View Post
Anybody has any feedback on Ryan International School in north Bangalore ?
Hey,
Haven't heard many great reviews about the school. Would suggest you take a look at DPS North, CMR NPS, LEGACY SCHOOL. These are some of the good schools in North Bangalore.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 18:46   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
My Daughter is studying at Trio since Nursery. Now she is in K2. We are very happy with the school; be it on the education front or the extracurricular activities.

Trio was recommended to me by Bhpians Parag Sachania and Pavan Kadam.
Can you please let me know whats the fee structure of Trio is ?
Old 3rd November 2020, 19:04   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnov View Post
Can you please let me know whats the fee structure of Trio is ?
Please find attached the fees structure in pdf.

[ATTACH=95259-10426.pdf]2076014[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 95259-10426.pdf (2.65 MB, 333 views)
arun1100 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks