Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 12:14   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore School Admissions

Just the thread i was looking for, got clue to search for it once i saw a new thread on Pune schools mentioning about this thread.

My daughter currently goes to Vibgyor in Harlur Road, lately we see the overall quality and attention given to kids is decreasing and this is bothering us to a certain extent. At the same time the Trustee of Vibgyor (Sawal Das Jethani) has opened another school called Chrysalis High (Bangalore School - Chrysalis High). Looks to be more premium and international but without any backing or brand name.

Any views on Vibgyor and Chrysalis High?
Old 25th November 2011, 15:12   #92
BHPian

Re: Pune School Admissions

Did you check the "The Lexicon School" ?

Here is the link for that school

The Lexicon International School, Pune, India, Wi-Fi enabled, Early Learning,Integral Education, Entrepreneurial development, Biometric security, Wagholi

School address

http://www.lexicon.edu.in/Contact+Us/index.aspx
Old 25th November 2011, 15:18   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
I got this idea from a similar thread for Bangalore schools.

First some background - My son will be 3 years next year and it is that time of the year when I have to scout for a good school for him. I am looking for a good school like any other parent. He is a bit shy but picks up things very quickly. I feel he needs individual teacher attention.

My requirements:

1. Good academics
2. Good co-curricular options - Sports/Debates/Dramatics etc.
3. Good Teacher:Student ratio
4. Good infrastructure
5. CBSE/ICSE/International syllabus
6. Reasonable fee

I know that I will have to compromise on some of these requirements as there is no perfect school. I am sure many parents would be in a similar dilemma. Some of the schools I have shortlisted:

1. Bishops (Bishops boys do not have a nursery so the Kalyani Nagar branch)
2. Vibgyor High
3. St. Mary's Boys
4. Dastur
5. St. Vincent's
6. Victorius Kidss - The fee is pretty steep
7. I stay in Magarpatta and don't want the school to be very far

Please help me out with your feedback.
cediafan, my daughter has been going to Vibgyor High for over 3 years now and both me and wife are extremely happy with this school. I can tick off all 6 points listed in your must haves above.

Honestly, one of our main reasons to go with Vibgyor, and in 2008 it wasnt so well establised, was that the daily commute should not take more than 30-40 minutes, and this school was one of the closest to us hence the choice, but no regrets whatsoever. If I may ask which part of Poona do you live in?

Cheers.
Old 25th November 2011, 15:20   #94
Senior - BHPian

There is a Vibgoor High (and Kids) in Pune as well, you might want to look if its closer to your place. We have herd good reviews of this school in Mumbai.

VibgyorHigh

Seems there are two of them in Pune at the following location (NIBM, Balewadi). The kiddo can go to Nursery and then graduate to higher classes (No running round hunting for schools every few years) .
Old 25th November 2011, 15:45   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plimsollmark View Post
Honestly, one of our main reasons to go with Vibgyor, and in 2008 it wasnt so well establised, was that the daily commute should not take more than 30-40 minutes, and this school was one of the closest to us hence the choice, but no regrets whatsoever. If I may ask which part of Poona do you live in?

Cheers.
Thanks for the reply. I live in Magarpatta and it is not so far from Vibgyor. The only concern I had about Vibgyor was that I have read some reviews saying that the school was good 3-4 years back but is not doing well after the principal was changed :
VIBGYOR HIGH SCHOOL - PUNE Reviews, Schools, Private School, Public School, Technical School, Primary School, Secondary School - MouthShut.com
Did you feel change after the Vibgyor principal was changed?
Old 25th November 2011, 16:07   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan
Thanks for the reply. I live in Magarpatta and it is not so far from Vibgyor. The only concern I had about Vibgyor was that I have read some reviews saying that the school was good 3-4 years back but is not doing well after the principal was changed :
VIBGYOR HIGH SCHOOL - PUNE Reviews, Schools, Private School, Public School, Technical School, Primary School, Secondary School - MouthShut.com
Did you feel change after the Vibgyor principal was changed?
Cediafan, well I have heard of these opinions, but honestly my daughter is very happy with the school, her teachers and classmates an she is not an easy child to please !
We of course review before the end of each year whether to continue or to change but so far haven't found too many reasons to change. Further whatever gripes that we have heard are more or less common to all schools in this bracket!
Old 25th November 2011, 17:35   #97
BHPian

I heard that Bishop's is opening a branch in Wagholi.
My son goes to Bishop's Undri (even though I stay in Kalyani Nagar).
For the first two years, the teachers where great, last year the teacher was terrible, this year the teacher is OK. Even in the same institution, quality of teachers vary and it is sometimes luck what you get that year.
Old 25th November 2011, 17:51   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I heard that Bishop's is opening a branch in Wagholi.
My son goes to Bishop's Undri (even though I stay in Kalyani Nagar).
For the first two years, the teachers where great, last year the teacher was terrible, this year the teacher is OK. Even in the same institution, quality of teachers vary and it is sometimes luck what you get that year.
Bishop's is a great brand name but I heard that there are 45-50 kids per class in Bishops?

Thanks! Do you know any parents whose kids go to this school? Do you have any reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plimsollmark View Post
Cediafan, well I have heard of these opinions, but honestly my daughter is very happy with the school, her teachers and classmates an she is not an easy child to please !
We of course review before the end of each year whether to continue or to change but so far haven't found too many reasons to change. Further whatever gripes that we have heard are more or less common to all schools in this bracket!
Thanks! I am planning to go to Vibgyor next week to check out the school.
Old 25th November 2011, 17:58   #99
BHPian

Sorry cediafan,I have enquired in that school for my kid only. I got this school info from some of my friends in MGpatta city.Review is a mixed one.

Last edited by KALINGA : 25th November 2011 at 18:00.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 21:02   #100
BHPian

These schools charge almost Rs 70,000/- per year !!

Horrified !!
Old 25th November 2011, 22:56   #101
BHPian

Vibgyor itself was an offshoot of Kangaroo kids, if I remember right.
They have had misunderstandings among Management for long.

Initial years, their Marathahalli school had a good reputation which seems to be fading away.

I think our member Wildon's wife is a teacher there and he should be able to give you the correct picture.
Old 26th November 2011, 05:41   #102
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried or have some comments about Inventure Academy in Whitefield - Sarjapur Road (I think thats where they are). We are specifically looking for how is effort spent on child development and not necessarily studies and grades. Here is their web site

Inventure Academy | Best International School in Bangalore, Leading International School in Bangalore
Old 26th November 2011, 12:41   #103
BHPian

#cediafan
My wife and son confirmed that class sizes are approx 45-50.
This has not been a problem for us. What are the class sizes in other schools? Do the numbers increase as the years increases?

#nanduchitnis
I heard that the 'Mercedes-Benz School' fees are in excess of 1.5Lacs per year!

Bishop's fees are less than Rs.30,000 per year.
Old 26th November 2011, 13:05   #104
BHPian

Hi. My son went to Bishop's Kalyani Nagar in Nursery for 2010-11 session, before we moved to Gurgaon. My son and we were very satisfied with the school.
No significant complaint heard from other parents (whose kids went to different classes/sections) at bus stop during entire year.
Once you are in, don't have hassle of looking for other schools as long as you are in Pune.

And Bishop's charges a very reasonable fee (realised after moving to Gurgaon).

Last edited by bloodred : 26th November 2011 at 13:08.
Old 26th November 2011, 13:49   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
These schools charge almost Rs 70,000/- per year !!

Horrified !!
To top it all, given the distances and traffic, the kids today are going to miss simple joys of the growing up phase like cycling back home with your mates after school.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks