Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 11:32   #46
BHPian

Are these folks willing to overlook the 6 years criteria for class 1? NHVPS is also CBSE based and am given to understand that this age criterion is defined by the board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Hi Folks,

Update from school admission after christmas holidays.

After checking Alpine Public School, we also checked out Jnana Sweekar Public School, Kanakapura Road.

Initial Impression of Jnana Sweekar is awesome.
Very good infrastructure. Had a long discussion with Principal about the school education and extra curricular activities. I was very much satisfied with the school and teachers. The school is CBSE based.

The entire campus is very huge and good for extra-curricular.
It has Basketball court, lawn tennis court, athletic track and swimming pool.
The advisory council has one of good names in India & Karnataka which suggests improvements to school every year.
It would definitely give a challenge to some of the best schools in bangalore.

Check the website.
Welcome to Jnana Sweekar Public School, Bangalore

Did any othe t-bhpians visited this school? Please let me know your views as well.
I have to finalize the admission before Jan 31.
Old 7th January 2010, 16:37   #47
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Each school in bangalore seems to have its own cut-off age for 1st std ( and by extension nursery/pre-kg) admissions. Even in CBSE schools, i have seen schools quoting 3 years, 2yrs 10 months and 2 years 6 months for pre-kg classes.

However, according to the CBSE board, they mention the kid should have completed 15 years when appearing for the 10th exam.
Old 13th January 2010, 16:21   #48
BHPian

@Ajay:
Only NPS/DPS/Kumarans and other reputed schools look for 6yrs minimum age criteria.
This is the option to filter out applications flooded by siblings and new ones.
As @m8002 mentioned, each school has its own age criteria for admission. YES, the student should be minimum 15yrs for taking 10th exam for CBSE.

But, this 6yrs age criteria would be disadv for kids born after Aug of every year.
New schools are admitting kids with 5.5+yrs for Class 1.

I checked out KV website. They have a age criteria for minimum 5yrs and max of 7yrs for Class 1 admission.

JSPS seems to be good option for long term education. Because, not everyone gets admission in DPS/Kumarans/NPS.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

I checked with Kumaran's and they are OK with 5y10m olds too. My daughter's birthday falls on July 30th and she would just about make it to some schools, while some schools are not willing to give that 2 month leeway. All this, I will have to start worrying in another 7-8 months...

Your inputs on JSPS are of much value to me.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:15   #50
BHPian

I missed out for my daughters admission for Nursery to Kumarans so will have to wait for the entrance exam 3 years from now for year 1. My Elder daughter is in Kumarans and I would have easily got the Nursery admission as a sibling for my younger one but I did not know they were issuing application forms in Sep 2009 and admission completed in Oct 2009. I called them in Dec which was too late though.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:38   #51
BHPian

GEAR Innovative International School - Bangalore

Hello,

Any feedbacks of GEAR Innovative International School - Bangalore.
Welcome To GEAR | GEAR Innovative Int'l School .
Please provide me some information about good schools between Maratahalli - Sarjapur Road Junction. I stay near Aricent, so schools within 5-6 kms radius should be fine.
Criteria is the school should be good, with good feedback and should not be heavy on pocket. I know questions of how much heavy is heavy. Well it is real touch to answer this question.
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:15   #52
BHPian

^ Deepak, New Horizon Gurukul - coming up newly.
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:24   #53
BHPian

Folks from Bangalore South can look upto to Bangalore International Academy (Formerly called NSVK) at Jayanagar 7th block opp. to CCD.
Just called them up and said they are constructing new school with swimming pool, basket ball and other regular amenities. The building would be ready by June 15 to commence the classes.

This would be following CBSE syllabus. This is just 5kms from my place and totally relieved to get admission for my daughter.
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

It would be comparatively easy to get admission to New Horizon Gurukul (it is just getting started). Regular fees would be in range of 50K p.a. plus the 'development' fees of another 30-40K.

As said earlier in this thread, this school has an engineering college in proximity. Some parents may not want that kind of influence.
Old 14th August 2010, 20:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hi to all, requesting a bit of information about Headstart school.

My wife feels that by opting for this school, the burden on parents to teach the children (all the way upto 10th std) will be comparatively less, which would help us as both of us have hectic work schedules, 6 days a week. Also, the quality of education / teaching / all round development is supposed to be very good. The flip side is the relatively higher fees, I guess.

I am more inclined towards FAPS, where I studied upto 1981. I hope they still have preference for children of alumni !

Any inputs on this would be helpful
Old 8th September 2010, 01:11   #56
BHPian

Hello friends

Could someone please advice on Kendriya Vidyalaya school near Sanjay nagar and recemmond some good schools near hebbal outer ring road which goes towards KR puram. I am planning to move to this area from Vijaya Nagar and want to join my daughter in LKG for the coming academic year.
Old 8th September 2010, 13:24   #57
BHPian

School near HSR / SjPur

hi guys,
The time has come for me to figure out which school for my son.

He will be joining LKG in June 2011.
I enquired in the following schools:

1. JSS Public school - HSR - They say all their seats are filled up at pre-KG stage, and they can only give seat if someone quits.

2. St. Peter's school, SJpur - They are ready to take him after an entrance test next year. Admission forms in September (sometime now).

3. NPS - Not decided when admission forms will be given - this was in Mid-Aug.

Any other suggestions on schools near HSR / SJpur?

How is Gear international? The others i heard, but not visited yet are Primus/Vibgyor.

There seem to be a different set of "international schools" that are coming up. These charge real high prices - and being parents we simply accept that high prices == better education.
Being a parent, who wants to take a chance??
Old 19th September 2010, 00:43   #58
BHPian

How is Presidency School Kasturinagar? Since i reside close by, this would be the first choice for my daughter's admission to pre-KG.
Pls let me know your opinion on this school and its admission formalities.
Old 19th September 2010, 12:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa View Post
Hello friends

Could someone please advice on Kendriya Vidyalaya school near Sanjay nagar and recemmond some good schools near hebbal outer ring road which goes towards KR puram. I am planning to move to this area from Vijaya Nagar and want to join my daughter in LKG for the coming academic year.
There is a branch of DPS on Airport road, you can see that if you like it. By the way my son is studying in DPS, Kanakapura Road branch & now it's time for my daughter also to get admitted there.

CHEERS,
G D

Last edited by P180V1 : 19th September 2010 at 12:25.
Old 20th September 2010, 14:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
3. NPS - Not decided when admission forms will be given - this was in Mid-Aug.
NPS usually gives forms around the Dassera holidays. Last year, they started giving forms immediately after school reopening post Dassera holidays. So you need to ask them around Oct 7 onwards (school closes). Mostly they will be giving forms on Oct 18 or so, once the school reopens.

p.s. These vacation dates are for NPS Indiranagar, I assume they hold good for NPS HSR as well.

Most Viewed