Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 17:11   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune School Admissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
The entire staff has migrated itself from the more popular Abhinav School to this school starting from the prinicpal, Meena Chandavarkar.

Meena teacher, as we call her, is a fantastic educationist. Unbelievably, she still remembers me , even if it has been more than 25 years since she first interviewed me for kindergarten.
I did not know about this mass exodus from A.V. to N.E.S. though.
Old 30th November 2011, 17:21   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Meena teacher, as we call her, is a fantastic educationist. Unbelievably, she still remembers me , even if it has been more than 25 years since she first interviewed me for kindergarten.
I did not know about this mass exodus from A.V. to N.E.S. though.
That was USP for us. When we came to know Meena teacher is the principal, we felt that our child is in responsible hands. Even at 70, she is very very active, loud and clear and vibrant.

BTW, I forgot to add in my previous post that besides NES, another school that we really liked was Millenium National School (Millennium National School | ). This school has got to be one of the most unique in terms of the approach. Your kid never needs to carry a school bag in the entire 14 years of school, from playgroup to 10th std. Mr. Phatak, the founder has developed a very unique and modern style of education at this school. For instance, kids can communicate with their teachers over email, tests are all online. Almost a paper-less school. Unfortunately, Mr. Phatak and his wife passed away in an extremely tragic accident on express-way few months back. Our dear member, amitwlele can throw more light on this as his kid studies in this school.
Old 30th November 2011, 18:21   #123
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I forgot to add in my previous post that besides NES, another school that we really liked was Millenium National School (Millennium National School | ).
Hmm, this looks really nice and fee is affordable. Too bad it is in Karve Nagar (I am in Magarpatta). Any reason why you didn't take an admission here? I have heard very good things about VKE which is also a day boarding school but it charges a bomb!
Old 30th November 2011, 18:24   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Hmm, this looks really nice and fee is affordable. Too bad it is in Karve Nagar (I am in Magarpatta). Any reason why you didn't take an admission here? I have heard very good things about VKE which is also a day boarding school but it charges a bomb!
My daughter was too young for the playgroup age when Millenium school opened their admissions in Nov'10. There is absolutely no other reason. So we waited for NES and got through.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 15:22   #125
BHPian

Bumping the thread, online admission forms for The Bishop's School (Camp) were issued starting 12am yesterday.
Anyone else?
Old 16th January 2012, 16:03   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was USP for us. When we came to know Meena teacher is the principal, we felt that our child is in responsible hands. Even at 70, she is very very active, loud and clear and vibrant.

BTW, I forgot to add in my previous post that besides NES, another school that we really liked was Millenium National School (Millennium National School | ). This school has got to be one of the most unique in terms of the approach. Your kid never needs to carry a school bag in the entire 14 years of school, from playgroup to 10th std.
While we were shortlisting schools for my son two years ago, the two schools we zeroed in were New India school and Millennium National school.
For some reaason, I got the feeling that New India school management was a bit rigid in terms of their structure. This may actually be a good point for some, but it was not to our liking. Maybe it is because I am not acquainted with the body of work that the principal has done at her previous school. On the other hand, Millennium school management seemed flexible from the discussions I could have with them. Of course it helps that children dont need to carry a bag or a lunch box! It helps to weed out any fussy eating nature. Of course, allergies if any, are accounted for and taken care of.

Quote:
Our dear member, amitwlele can throw more light on this as his kid studies in this school.
My son goes there too. In fact I think I have met Amit more at the school office than at tbhp meets. Something which I am sure both us want to redress!
Old 21st January 2012, 19:57   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg
Bumping the thread, online admission forms for The Bishop's School (Camp) were issued starting 12am yesterday.
Anyone else?
St. Arnold's were giving out forms on the 14th. Please let me know if there are any others.
Old 21st January 2012, 21:56   #128
BHPian

As a backup, I am going to approach St.Mary's, which is besides Bishops. Will let you know the status.
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:50   #129
Senior - BHPian

St. Mary's is for girls, right? I need a co-ed or boys school.
Anyone heard of Nagarwala's school at Kalyani Nagar (near Sanjay Hyundai)?
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:00   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
St. Mary's has a school for boys as well opposite to the girls school.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:20   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Nagarwala's School is near my house and I see the kids playing there regularly, my opinion is that Bishop's and St Mary's are a touch higher grade schools.
(This is no offence for anyone who has studied at or has children attending the school).
It's just that the look on the kids faces are always dull. When I see kids from other schools mentioned, the faces are brighter.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:28   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Mary's has a co-ed school now, & their teaching methodologies are considered one of the best or at par with Bishops.
Old 24th January 2012, 12:19   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
St. Mary's has a school for boys as well opposite to the girls school.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Nagarwala's School is near my house and I see the kids playing there regularly, my opinion is that Bishop's and St Mary's are a touch higher grade schools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Mary's has a co-ed school now, & their teaching methodologies are considered one of the best or at par with Bishops.
Thanks. Looks like Bishop's and St. Mary's are regarded highly on this thread.
I have heard from others who have first hand experience with these schools.
The opinion was that these schools focus on academics and overload children with homework. They follow traditional teaching methodologies and do not keep pace with changes in technology.
Bishop's at Camp is still good, but cannot say the same about Kalyaninagar and Undri centers.

BTW: Bishop's admissions are probably closed by now (the forms were available around 16-18 Jan). I think the fees were around 35K.

Recently I came across this school: Victorious Kidss Educares. They have a large setup in Kharadi from December.
Any inputs on that?
What is International Board? How does it related with other boards like CBSE?
Victorious Kidss Educares | Best IB School in Pune
Old 24th January 2012, 12:23   #134
BHPian

Bishops & Mary's focus both on academics as well as extra-curricular activities. We had arts & crafts classes, boxing, track games, etc etc. We had a good mix of studies & play.
Regarding studies, I always remember having a test as soon as a certain chapter was over, although it seems like an overload of studies, the final outcome was that I never remember cramming for the final exams :o)
Old 24th January 2012, 15:53   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
Recently I came across this school: Victorious Kidss Educares. They have a large setup in Kharadi from December.
Any inputs on that?
What is International Board? How does it related with other boards like CBSE?
Victorious Kidss Educares | Best IB School in Pune
I have heard good things about this school. They are a day boarding school with IGSE board and have a big campus. The problem is that they charge a bomb - around 1.3 lacs for nursery - and hike the fee every year.
Disclaimer - This is based on inputs from my friends. I have not visited their campus.

Most Viewed