Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2015, 21:15   #556
BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Does anybody have a feedback on Chirec Public School, Hyderabad. My son has got admission in Nursery section in the Gachibowli campus. Any pointers about how good/bad the school is will be much appreciated. Thanks!
It is a pretty good school. Getting an admission there is quite difficult in the CBSE stream. Cambridge is easier I guess. My daughter couldn't get in. We ended up sending her to Sancta Maria.

Lot of kids in my apartment complex go to Chirec.

All the best to you and your kid.
Old 13th February 2015, 14:37   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
All the best to you and your kid.
Thanks!

In terms of getting admission, I was just lucky. I had applied online in Nov/Dec last year for the CBSE section. My son was not selected in the 'lottery'. I then started checking other schools. I was about to pay the fees at another school last Monday when I thought I'll call Chirec and confirm that they don't have any more open seats (in both CBSE and Cambridge). To my surprise, they called me in on Tuesday and offered a seat in CBSE.

We did visit Sancta Maria as well. Their infrastructure is truly impressive.
Old 13th February 2015, 18:20   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Thanks!

In terms of getting admission, I was just lucky. I had applied online in Nov/Dec last year for the CBSE section. My son was not selected in the 'lottery'. I then started checking other schools. I was about to pay the fees at another school last Monday when I thought I'll call Chirec and confirm that they don't have any more open seats (in both CBSE and Cambridge). To my surprise, they called me in on Tuesday and offered a seat in CBSE.

We did visit Sancta Maria as well. Their infrastructure is truly impressive.
So are their fees

They apply a minimum of 10% increase year on year. For Grade 2, I now have to pay 2.5 lakhs per annum. I seriously have to look at other options going forward.
Old 18th February 2015, 23:36   #559
BHPian

Is anyone here sending their kids to KV AFS YELANKA or Kv CRPF YELANKA? I want to know how to get admission there? Any loopholes to get in the civilian quota?
Also any idea about DPS YELANKA? Is school bus mandatory there?

Last edited by ortho_surgeon : 18th February 2015 at 23:38.
Old 19th February 2015, 12:27   #560
BHPian

Any feedback on Global India International school in Varthur road Bangalore ?
Old 20th February 2015, 11:52   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi Rajesh,

Can i know which school you got your twins admitted and the reason behind it?
I live in Kammanahalli and my daughter is still 5 months old, but would still like to know good schools near our area for the future.

Thanks,
Ramki
Ramki,
I too live around Doddakammanahalli and my son goes to Vibgyor. The activity based learning he gets is very good. You can look at this school as an option.
Old 24th February 2015, 17:25   #562
BHPian

Anyone's kids going to the following schools, please share your experiences.

Looking for my daughter's admission into grade 5. I visited 5 of these schools and these are the first impressions. Please help me correct or consolidate the shortlisted schools.

Brigade School, Mahadevapura: Not many kids. The discussion centered around the admission process only, instead of the school and the facilities. The lady incharge of the admissions wasn't very forthcoming with the information.

Chrysalis High, Whitefield-Kadugodi: Very impressed by the school and facilities. The Principal (Aruna)was enthusiastic about the teaching methods and took time to explain how the teachers pay individual attention to the kids.

Whitefield Public School:The school's management has changed to Glentree Academy. Little Elly preschools is also owned by Glentree. The lady in charge of admissions, Glentree employee, is trying too hard to convince parents about taking an admission here. Building is still under construction, not many kids. New management yet to be proven.

SriChaitanya Techno School, Rammurthy Nagar: Emphasis is on studies only with little attention on extra-curricular activities. Suggested by a neighbor who sends her kid here. Not very impressive.

Gopalan National School, Brookefields, Mahadevapura: Similar to SriChaitanya, more emphasis on studies and less on extracurricular activities. The lady in charge of admissions didnt take time to explain about the school, except for reading out the fee structure and payment schedule.

Deans Academy: Yet to visit

Whitefield Global School: Yet to visit
Old 24th February 2015, 18:56   #563
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Anyone's kids going to the following schools, please share your experiences.

Looking for my daughter's admission into grade 5. I visited 5 of these schools and these are the first impressions. Please help me correct or consolidate the shortlisted schools.
A friend's child goes to Chrysalis High and he had only good things to say about the school. No idea about the rest of the schools in your list.
Old 25th February 2015, 18:09   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
A friend's child goes to Chrysalis High and he had only good things to say about the school. No idea about the rest of the schools in your list.
Thanks for your feedback.

We visited Whitefield Global school and Deans today.

The written exam for Chrysalis high and Whitefield Global school are scheduled for next week. Fingers crossed.
Old 1st March 2015, 21:16   #565
BHPian

My daughter has been selected in the first shortlist for Cathedral School, Richmond road. Any feedback from parents of current students, alumni will be appreciated
Old 2nd March 2015, 17:29   #566
BHPian

@hothatchaway: I passed out of there back in early 2000s. It was a good place. I studied there from the very beginning (kindergarten) -- no complaints. Been out of touch since then so can't comment on current status.
Old 16th March 2015, 16:10   #567
BHPian

What's the feedback of Sophias these days? Heard the classrooms are pretty crowded with 60+ students these days?! Has the quality gone down off late?
Old 16th March 2015, 19:45   #568
BHPian

Guys,
Any of your/relatives'/acquaintances' kids going to the Rashtrottana Vidya Kendra in Banashankari?

I am researching about them for my son's nursery admission.

Kindly let me know about the quality of education, admission process and fee structure.

Really appreciate your inputs.
Old 20th April 2015, 07:28   #569
BHPian

I'm looking at National Public School, Koramangala for my 4 year old, mainly for reasons of proximity. While I've heard good things about the school from many parents, there seem to be plenty of mixed reviews on NPS all over the net. Only there's no way to gauge how authentic these net reviews are.

Have things changed in recent times at NPS? In case any t-bhp users presently have one or more kids going to NPS, (KRM or otherwise), may I request your feedback.
Old 20th April 2015, 23:57   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
I'm looking at National Public School, Koramangala for my 4 year old, mainly for reasons of proximity. While I've heard good things about the school from many parents, there seem to be plenty of mixed reviews on NPS all over the net. Only there's no way to gauge how authentic these net reviews are.

Have things changed in recent times at NPS? In case any t-bhp users presently have one or more kids going to NPS, (KRM or otherwise), may I request your feedback.
My Kid goes to NPS Indiranagr now in 3rd standard , school is good and kid loves going to school. However NPS is fully academic oriented and kids become extremely competitive about marks from very early stage and that is something which is not liked about it.

Most Viewed