Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2017, 16:38   #826
BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
All, I need some inputs/feedback about a new school where my daughter has secured admission to Montessori , the school is NPS Jayanagar. I have been scouring the net for some reviews and there are not many which I can rely on. Any first hand reviews from yourselves or from relatives/friends would be very helpful as we need to make a decision fast.
Jayanagar NPS is pretty new which might have started their Schooling operations this year. The fees when I enquired was too steep, 1.8L plus. They spoke about joining fees (Donations) which i don't recollect now. The fee structure might have changed as many parents had given a feedback with regards to the fees.
Old 16th November 2017, 17:45   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
No clue mate- it was circa 1.5 lakhs for Standard 1 when I checked a couple of years ago, My kids now study at St.Thomas school, another pre-eminent school and the fees is around 36k per year.

Recently, a friend of mine approached Loyola for admission to UKG for his son, and the fees quoted was 67k INR for a year.

Another international school in Trivandrum is the Green Valley one- however, its pretty further from the city and not many yearn for it as a result of the commuting distance.
Thank you for the info.

Am looking for a strange combination of clean facilities (toilets), less(no) homework and less commute.

St Thomas at Chanthavila is the closest for me, but TRINS is not too far away. Peyad is on the other side of the city for me, so Green Valley is out of contention.
Old 16th November 2017, 18:11   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Thank you for the info.

Am looking for a strange combination of clean facilities (toilets), less(no) homework and less commute.

St Thomas at Chanthavila is the closest for me, but TRINS is not too far away. Peyad is on the other side of the city for me, so Green Valley is out of contention.
The St.Thomas school at Chanthavila, albeit a branch of the famed parent house at Mukkolakkal, is still in a nascent stage. However, depending on your child's age, you may choose to put the pupil there. Enquire about TRINS as well should it aligns with your interests.

On a related note, do you work in Technopark or KINFRA here in Trivandrum?

Last edited by jacobvarughese : 16th November 2017 at 18:13.
Old 16th November 2017, 18:19   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
...The fee structure might have changed as many parents had given a feedback with regards to the fees.
Agree that its a new school but the location is just perfect for us as we reside very near to the school. The fees has a refundable component now but is slightly north of 2 lakhs at the time of joining. I will make another visit to the school and get more information.Thanks for sharing your feedback !!
Old 16th November 2017, 18:28   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
The St.Thomas school at Chanthavila, albeit a branch of the famed parent house at Mukkolakkal, is still in a nascent stage. However, depending on your child's age, you may choose to put the pupil there. Enquire about TRINS as well should it aligns with your interests.

On a related note, do you work in Technopark or KINFRA here in Trivandrum?
I work at Technopark but live near Kinfra. 5kms to St Thomas and 10kms to TRINS.

My son has just completed 3 years, so would be entering LKG.
Old 16th November 2017, 18:43   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I work at Technopark but live near Kinfra. 5kms to St Thomas and 10kms to TRINS.

My son has just completed 3 years, so would be entering LKG.
The St.Thomas at Chanthavila would be just fine then ! All the best.
Old 22nd November 2017, 10:59   #832
BHPian

Looking at a good school to enroll our son into nursery for 2018-19:

Shortlisted schools:
1.) St. Francis School Koramangala
2.) NPS Koramangala

Can someone provide feedback about St. Francis? The interview round was over yesterday and we have been asked to pay admission fees soon. This school is very close to our apartment, less than 1 km.

NPS Koramangala, not sure what is the selection criteria for nursery. Had submitted the application last week.

TIA

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 22nd November 2017, 14:45   #833
BHPian

Quick Update: Took the plunge and paid the initial installment to NPS Jayanagar. Hope it will work out fine...my daughter will be joining the Montessori 2 from 2018. I have a transferable work profile and had asked what would happen if we need to take a break for an year or so, the reply was that , application will be treated as a new one and no blocking of seat etc would be entertained.
Old 25th December 2017, 21:33   #834
Senior - BHPian

St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School

Application forms for admission to LKG for the academic year 2018 - 2019 will be issued online on Friday the 5th and Saturday the 6th of January 2018. They can be downloaded from the school website www.sjbhsbangalore.in after filling in the necessary information. No application forms will be issued by the school office.

Note: The application form will be available to apply online only on the above mentioned dates i.e. on 5th January, 2018 and 6th January, 2018. Thereafter no application form will be issued and enquiries regarding the same will not be entertained. Kindly read the guidelines carefully before filling the application form.

The hard copy of the duly filled in E-application form may be submitted at the school registration desk from 8th January to 13th January 2018 between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Note: The last date to submit the filled in E-application form is 13th January 2018.

Admissions are NOT on a first-come first-served basis. All applications submitted on or before 13th January 2018, will be considered.

Kindly submit the following documents at the School Registration Desk: 1. Fully completed and signed E-application form with 3 passport sized photographs, one of the student, one of his father and one of his mother.
2. Birth certificate of the child (child should have completed 4 years of age on June 1, 2018)
• Baptism certificate along with a letter from the Parish Priest stating that the parents belong to
his parish. This is for Roman Catholics only. (Photo copy)
• Corporation certificate of Birth with name of the child-for all others. (Photo copy)
• Caste Certificate where applicable specifying the category to which the applicant belongs
(Photo copy).
3. Proof of present residential address (Copy of Passport/ Aadhar card/ Voter’s ID card/ Telephone Bill/ Rental Agreement with Electricity Bill).
4. Details of sibling studying in this school - where applicable
5. Proof of father being an Alumnus - if applicable
6. Attested copies of the highest Educational qualifications of both the parents.

Students who have been selected as well as those who have not, will be informed of the same by post/courier by the last week of February 2018.

Guidelines:
1. The application form may be downloaded at: www.sjbhsbangalore.in.
2. After filling in the application form on the website, please click on the submit button. A soft copy of the duly filled in E-application form will be generated with an E-application form number. The same will be sent to your email ID for your reference.
3. At the time of submission of the duly filled in E-application form, an amount of Rs. 200/- is to be paid by online.
4. Kindly fill in and submit only one E-application form, as duplicate applications will be rejected.
5. Any enquiries about admissions will not be entertained.
6. Recommendations of any kind will disqualify the candidate.
7. Parents are advised to apply for admissions to other schools also.
8. Seats to LKG in this school are limited.

Please note that we do not take donations for any admissions. We do not have any agents through whom you can procure seats. You are strongly advised not to give any money to anyone who promises you a seat in our school. You will be doing so at your own risk.

Rev. Fr. Clifford Sequeira, SJ
Principal

Last edited by vinay kamath : 25th December 2017 at 21:35.
Old 25th December 2017, 22:01   #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Quick Update: Took the plunge and paid the initial installment to NPS Jayanagar. Hope it will work out fine...my daughter will be joining the Montessori 2 from 2018. I have a transferable work profile and had asked what would happen if we need to take a break for an year or so, the reply was that , application will be treated as a new one and no blocking of seat etc would be entertained.
Keep in mind that this particular school is not managed by the NPS group. NPS group doesn't have policy of asking for admission or non refundable fee.
Old 1st February 2018, 11:30   #836
BHPian

Bangalore: Any Parent whose child goes to Fame India school Jayanagar

Hello forum members,

I am looking to interact with parents whose children are currently studying in or were studying in Fame India- a school for differently-abled children in Jayanagar Bangalore.

If you know someone, could you please put me in touch with them. Or if you have an opinion about the school, then please let me know as well.

We are trying to secure an admission for a child in Fame India, and would like to get some information from other parents regarding the school.

TIA,
Ajay
Old 5th February 2018, 07:18   #837
BHPian

Hi all - I am a bit late to this thread. Had a personal situation and couldn't concentrate on my son's admission. I am looking for LKG admission for 2018 academic year in Bangalore. Any suggestions for affordable and good schools near bellandur area? Thanks in advance!
Old 5th February 2018, 08:14   #838
BHPian

I have enrolled my son into St. Francis Koramangala for Nursery (Pre-LKG) year 2018-19. We had selected this school due to the close proximity to our home, its walk-able. There aren't a lot of reviews on the net regarding this school. I checked with my neighbors whose kids are studying, they found the school satisfactory.

Admission fees is 75k, non refundable. Yearly fees range between 48-60k up to SSLC.

Son had 1 round of F2F interview with the headmaster & principal, they requested him to sing few rhymes to check how the candidate communicates & responds. School wanted us remit the admission fees within 3 working days to confirm selection, this was a short notice and a definite make or break situation for many applicants.

Hope this information helps.

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 5th February 2018, 11:30   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi all - I am a bit late to this thread. Had a personal situation and couldn't concentrate on my son's admission. I am looking for LKG admission for 2018 academic year in Bangalore. Any suggestions for affordable and good schools near bellandur area? Thanks in advance!
When you say Bellandur, assume the Sarjapur Road area is also included. Most schools in this area are on Sarjapur Road.

The bad news first. Bellandur/Sarjapur and affordable don't really go together. Even the cheaper ones are more expensive than more reputed schools in other parts of Bangalore. The other bad news is that most schools would be well into the admission process. So the preferred school you narrow down may not have availability.

Good part is that there are an insane number of schools in this area. Here is a list (not an exhaustive one)- In rough order of distance from Belandur/Iblur. And classified as Lower, Middle and Upper in terms of the fee scale (No idea of current figures though-Just a guideline where I have some info)
  • St Peters (Lower)
  • Vibgyor High (Middle)
  • Notre Dame Academy (Lower)
  • Amartya (Middle)
  • Gear School (Middle)
  • New Horizon Gurukul (Middle)
  • Geetanjali Olympiad School.
  • Primus (Lower)
  • Prakriya (Lower)
  • St Patricks (Lower)
  • Harvest International School (Middle)
  • Sri Sri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir (Middle)
  • DPS (Middle)
  • Deens Academy
  • Foundation School
  • Chrysalis High (Middle)
  • Bethanys
  • Head Start Academy
  • Kunskapsskolan
  • Oakridge International (high)
  • TISB (High)
  • Greenwood High (High)
  • Indus International (High)

Above is all towards Sarjapur Side. If you consider HSR there are several more.
  • NPS
  • Freedam International School
  • Cambridge School
  • Gyaan Shrishti School

My daughter goes to Harvest and I am pretty happy. But I have heard they have really jacked up fees for new admissions.

One thing with schools is that each parent has a different definition of a good school. So what is good for another person may not be good for you. Best approach would be to list down your criteria (Board preference, focus on academics vs extra curricular, transport options etc..) and definition of what a good school should be like and then shortlist and visit based on that.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 5th February 2018 at 11:33.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 12:35   #840
BHPian

Thanks a lot Rajeevraj for you detailed and helpful reply!! This definitely helps! I will do the school visits next week and finalise one soon. Will keep you posted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks