Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 18:20   #856
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
I am planning to go to Primus tomorrow and was wondering if it is good.
An acquaintance had their child study at Primus till class 10 and they were very happy (the child did extremely well in class 10). They relocated to another place, so the child joined another school closer to their new home for classes 11 & 12.
Old 11th February 2018, 19:13   #857
Senior - BHPian

LKG (ICSE) Admissions notices-

http://www.bishopcottongirls.com/ind...ons-2018-2019/

&

http://www.cottonboys.com/?page_id=6568

St. Joseph’s Indian High School LKG Admissions (SSLC) also open
Attached Thumbnails
The School & College Admissions Thread-bcbs.jpg  

Last edited by vinay kamath : 11th February 2018 at 19:27.
Old 16th February 2018, 09:51   #858
Senior - BHPian

Notifications in Abhinav English Medium Pre-Primary School, Karve Road, Pune:

The School & College Admissions Thread-abhinavadmissions.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 8th March 2018, 12:40   #859
BHPian

Hi anybody has any idea about NPS admission for LKG for Academic year 18-19? I have applied for my daughter in Indranagar, HSR and Koramangala. No call/info from them yet.
Old 8th March 2018, 13:23   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Hi anybody has any idea about NPS admission for LKG for Academic year 18-19? I have applied for my daughter in Indranagar, HSR and Koramangala. No call/info from them yet.
If you haven't received a call yet, then you should consider the application as being rejected by the school.

I applied in November 17 & didn't hear from them. Wondering what's their selection criteria without having an interview.
Old 8th March 2018, 15:01   #861
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
If you haven't received a call yet, then you should consider the application as being rejected by the school.
Yes, that's true with many schools in Bangalore now.
Some of them do not even respond to any queries. If the child is selected, it will be mentioned in the list displayed on the notice board/copy with security & the parents will receive a call on the number they shared in the application form.

Quote:
Wondering what's their selection criteria without having an interview.
Again, being politically/legally correct, schools refrain from using the word "interview", rather use "interaction", "discussion", etc.

Many schools in Bangalore, for the sake of seeming transparent mention eligibility & selection criteria on their websites/application forms/prospectus but that's about it.
Some schools have even stopped issuing application forms /making announcements that admissions are open. It is only by word of mouth from existing students & their parents.

Despite all this, parents do invest a lot of time & effort, sometimes even coming up with ingenious methods in finding some way to contact the school management at a particular school if they're really keen on admitting the child there!
Old 16th April 2018, 17:56   #862
BHPian

BHP'ians from Bangalore - Please suggest good CBSE schools for 3rd Standard around Manyata Business Park.
Old 16th April 2018, 18:53   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
BHP'ians from Bangalore - Please suggest good CBSE schools for 3rd Standard around Manyata Business Park.
One that I can suggest is Kensri school near Veeranapalya / Mariyanapalya. Another is Jain heritage school in Coffee board layout. I know kids who go to these schools. I can give more details if you can tell where you intend to reside as school proximity is also important.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 16th April 2018 at 18:57.
Old 17th April 2018, 07:56   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
One that I can suggest is Kensri school near Veeranapalya / Mariyanapalya. Another is Jain heritage school in Coffee board layout. I know kids who go to these schools. I can give more details if you can tell where you intend to reside as school proximity is also important.
Hello sir - Thanks for your inputs.

My son is currently studying in one of the best CBSE schools in Chennai. But,
due to my work commitments, I would need to relocate to Bangalore.

My main objective is to get admission in a reputed CBSE school that's around MBP. Based on that I can think of residence. My intention is not to travel more than 5-6 kms from residence to MBP. So, please provide your inputs.
Old 17th April 2018, 08:12   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Hello sir - Thanks for your inputs.

My son is currently studying in one of the best CBSE schools in Chennai. But,
due to my work commitments, I would need to relocate to Bangalore.

My main objective is to get admission in a reputed CBSE school that's around MBP. Based on that I can think of residence. My intention is not to travel more than 5-6 kms from residence to MBP. So, please provide your inputs.
Hey Prodigy07,

I don't have direct inputs for your query, but just wanted to mention, if you are looking at admission for the oncoming academic year then you need to quickly check with the schools around as many schools tend to close the admissions by Jan itself.

KK
Old 17th April 2018, 10:43   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Check out Jain heritage school, Sindhi school and Kensri school which are close by. Recommended these schools also because the school bus need not enter Bellary road / Ring road if you stay near Coffee board / behind MBP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
if you are looking at admission for the oncoming academic year then you need to quickly check with the schools around as many schools tend to close the admissions by Jan itself.
KK
Correct. I suppose it is a bit late for the admissions now. There might still be a chance to get admission due to some kids not joining for the next academic year.
Old 17th July 2018, 11:18   #867
Senior - BHPian

Hi!

My friend's daughter is a class 2 student at a prominent school in Bangalore. She is hyper active and the school is demanding her parents to transfer her.

Is it legally right? Don't they have any measures to deal with such students?

They would like to get some inputs before meeting the Principal next week.

Please advise.
Old 17th July 2018, 12:38   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Hi!

My friend's daughter is a class 2 student at a prominent school in Bangalore. She is hyper active and the school is demanding her parents to transfer her.

Please advise.
The school would say they are not equipped to handle children with special needs.They would cite non perfomance of the child.
In my opinion your friends are better off admitting their child in a school that is more welcoming and is well equipped to handle his/her needs as opposed to continuing in a school that is ill equipped to handle such issues,thereby making it tough on the child to cope up with the stress.There are many schools in Bangalore that use alternate means of education to help kids with any and all kinds of such issues.My sincere advice would be to check up on those schools rather than trying to force an insensitive and ill prepared school to continue with their child.Two of the schools that I can immediately think of which they can check out are Aurinko Academy and Bangalore Steiner School.
Old 17th July 2018, 13:04   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Hi!

They would like to get some inputs before meeting the Principal next week.

Please advise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The school would say they are not equipped to handle children with special needs.They would cite non perfomance of the child.
In my opinion your friends are better off admitting their child in a school that is more welcoming and is well equipped to handle his/her needs as opposed to continuing in a school that is ill equipped to handle such issues,thereby making it tough on the child to cope up with the stress.There are many schools in Bangalore that use alternate means of education to help kids with any and all kinds of such issues.My sincere advice would be to check up on those schools rather than trying to force an insensitive and ill prepared school to continue with their child.Two of the schools that I can immediately think of which they can check out are Aurinko Academy and Bangalore Steiner School.
I agree with ranjit here. It is better to look for accommodating schools. Also, better to make sure that the child isn't facing any other difficulties before considering other schools. That way, you can find a school that can take care of all the needs of the child. This would be much better for the child's overall growth. Hope it helps!
Old 17th July 2018, 16:23   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Hyper active can have various meanings. As far as I see today, most of the kids are hyper active.

Unless the kid or her / his behaviour is causing any kind of harm to fellow students / staff, there is no reason for the school to initiate any such request. If at all the kid's behaviour in general is unacceptable, then firstly parents need to counsel the child (may be with the help of expert) and sought some time from school. it can be tedious task, but not impossible.

Otherwise nowadays schools have loads of activities (curricular or extra curricular) right from Nursery, which can help channelize the energy of kids who are hyper active by nature. If the school is not able to provide such an environment then it really is not the child's fault. it is better to move him/ her to some other school. Of course this is easier said then done, but for the overall development of kid this is essential.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks