Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2013, 08:54   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

ADMISSIONS ARE OPEN AT
ST. JOSEPH’S BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL
27 Museum Road, Bangalore 560 025.

Application forms for admission to LKG for the academic year 2014 – 2015 will be issued on 11th and 12th of January 2014 between 9:00 am and 4.00 pm against a cash payment of Rs. 100 at the school office.

Application forms could also be downloaded from the school website www.sjbhsbangalore.in, on 11th and 12th January 2014.

The application form has to be completed and dropped off at the reception between 13th January to 20th January 2014 between 8:30 am and 4.00 pm. The last date to drop the filled in application forms is 20th January 2014.

Admissions are NOT on first-come first-served basis. All applications submitted by the last date mentioned, will be considered.

A sealed envelope addressed to the Principal should contain the following:

1. Fully completed, signed application form with photo affixed.
2. Birth certificate (child should have completed 4 years of age as of June 1, 2014)

• Baptism certificate for Roman Catholics from their Parish. (Xerox copy)
• Corporation certificate of Birth with name of the child for all others. (Xerox copy)
3. Proof of residential address (Copy of telephone, water or electricity bill).
4. Proof of sibling in the school - if applicable
5. Proof of father being an Alumni - if applicable
6. Attested Passing out certificates of father/mother (School, graduation, post graduation)
7. Self addressed stamped envelope with of Rs. 5 stamp affixed.

Selected and non–selected students will be informed by post by the 25th of February 2014.

Note:

1. All those who download application form online will have to pay Rs 100/- at the time of submission.
2. Enquiries about the admission will not be entertained.
3. Recommendations of any kind will disqualify the candidate.
4. Parents are advised to apply for admissions to other schools also.
5. Seats to LKG in the school are limited.

Please note that we do not take donations for any admissions. We do not have any agents to procure seats. Kindly do not give any money to anyone who promises you a seat in our school. If you do you will be doing so at your own risk.

Fr Clifford Sequeira, SJ
Principal
Old 26th December 2013, 12:37   #422
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
My preference would be

1. VIBGYOR ( Newly opened on SH36, not in your list )
2. Whitefield Global
3. Delhi Public School
4. Vydehi
5. Mount Litera
I stay in Kadugodi. My child turns three only on April 2015, so I still have time, but I have started my research.

I am a firm believer in not letting my child travel much to and from school, especially in a high traffic density city like Bangalore. I will never want him to spend three hours a day travelling. So how much ever good schools NPS and Bethany High are, I will not consider applying for those. On the contrary, my parents had a different line of thinking when I was young, and they got me into DPS Noida, while we were staying in Dilshad Garden (it's a 30km distance one way, people in Delhi would be able to relate). So everyday I used to spend an hour each on the school bus, to and from school. Hence for me, from my own experience, the school should exist in or around Whitefield/Brookefield.

Don't know how far it's true, but one of my colleagues is extremely unhappy with Vibgyor Marathalli. It's just way too crowded according to her. Since your first preference is Vibgyor, I would like to know of the positive experience which you have had with them (I am asking because Vibgyor Kadugodi has been recently opened, so this is very near my home).

Normally schools have limited number of seats, which usually are filled on first come first serve basis, but apparently Vibgyor tries to accomodate everyone who applies by simply creating a separate section whenever required. Her son is in LKG section Q, and she says there are sections till T. Also, attrition rate of teachers is high, and so it becomes further tough for the students when the continuity from one teacher is broken. Homework and assignments are moderate on weekdays and high on weekends. All this is purely my colleague's experience, due to which she is planning to change the school. I too, would never want my child to study among such chaos.

The DPS here in Whitefield is still being constructed and classes are being held in an under construction environment. Hence, this is ruled out for me as well.

I have heard good things about the Whitefield Global School, Gopalan National School and Deens Academy. I am really looking forward to feedback from parents who have their kids studying in these schools.

Last edited by Oxy : 26th December 2013 at 12:45.
Old 26th December 2013, 16:39   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

Don't know how far it's true, but one of my colleagues is extremely unhappy with Vibgyor Marathalli.

Normally schools have limited number of seats, which usually are filled on first come first serve basis, but apparently Vibgyor tries to accomodate everyone who applies by simply creating a separate section whenever required. Her son is in LKG section Q, and she says there are sections till T.

This was my key reason for not opting for Vibgyor ( harlur branch). I had heard this feedback. Also when I visited the school I came to know of the large number of sections in the lower classes. The higher classes have less sections since the school is 5-6 years old only ( but the school strength is already 2500) . In addition to the crowd my concern was how they school will manage things like lab and extra curricular facilities once the huge crowd currently in the lower classes reach high school. I did not see enough space for the school to expand.
Old 28th December 2013, 00:18   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Normally schools have limited number of seats, which usually are filled on first come first serve basis, but apparently Vibgyor tries to accomodate everyone who applies by simply creating a separate section whenever required. Her son is in LKG section Q, and she says there are sections till T. Also, attrition rate of teachers is high, and so it becomes further tough for the students when the continuity from one teacher is broken. Homework and assignments are moderate on weekdays and high on weekends. All this is purely my colleague's experience, due to which she is planning to change the school. I too, would never want my child to study among such chaos.
First hand info from my wife who was teaching in Vibgyor for almost a year during 2010. Everything above is true. They accommodate any number of kids. The teachers are not assessed based on their knowledge but purely hired to fill in the positions. One example during my wife's tenure - A lady from an admin department in the Airlines industry applied for an admin post in the school. But the management forced her to take up the role of a class teacher. The lady was sensible to not take it up but this is the way they hire teachers.

Attrition of teachers is very high. My wife herself quit in 10 months time as the teachers are not valued and dont have any freedom to teach in their own way. The school has a set method and the teachers are not supposed to utter even one word out of the teaching material that the school has. Along with all these, the students respect towards teachers is also not very good which means that the school lacks disciplining the students where necessary.

Owing to all this she quit and stayed at home for a month after which we left for an onsite opportunity that i got from my company. Once back she got in touch with some of her colleagues who mentioned that it is still the same and there is no improvement. This was as of 2012. And this is for the Vibgyor Marathalli branch.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 28th December 2013 at 00:19.
Old 28th December 2013, 21:23   #425
Oxy
BHPian

^^^ @Rajeevraj and Abhinav - thanks a ton mates. This really helps.

Will avoid Vibgyor like a plague now.
Old 29th December 2013, 22:59   #426
BHPian

My daughter is in 3rd std and we are planning to move her to a school where there is emphasis on understanding, rather than just memorizing the books. There are a lot more headaches with the school but that will take up a whole thread.

We stay near Bagmane techpark and looking for a school which focuses on all-round development and enforces a bit of discipline without going overboard. Not too fancy school is preferred.

One query: is it ok to change her from CBSE to ICSE at this stage? I have studied ICSE syllabus and like the way it was taught in our school but i am guessing a lot has changed since i completed my 10th std.

Please give your suggestions.
Old 30th December 2013, 10:12   #427
Senior - BHPian

Pallavi,

One fear that I have is when you do a syllabus change, schools are a little hesitant to put the child in the same class as the existing one. Usually, they try and play a trick that since the syllabus/curriculam is different, we'll have to put the child in lower class (previous class) and teach the child.

This can have a negative impact on a child's mind. Other than that, I feel, CBSE or ICSC would not matter much. Both are equally good.

When changing schools, please try and have the kid as close to home as posisble. Luckily for me, my son's school is only a few blocks away.

The other thing which I consider to be equally important is having a good hospital near the school. Kids play and are prone to falls and sometimes serious injuries. It is always beneficial to have a good hospital near the school/home.

PS: Just paid my son's fees for Pre-primary. Kids grow so soon!
Old 4th January 2014, 13:11   #428
Senior - BHPian

at Bangalore, last night I noticed a large group of parents waiting outside Sophia's Convent (next to Golf Club) . It is very possible that forms for LKG are being issued Today! in my humble opinion it is one of the very best choices in our country to educate our daughters !

I also found out from front desk at Bishop Cotton Boys' School that forms for LKG may be issued soon after 15th January.
Old 4th January 2014, 13:16   #429
Senior - BHPian

Any review on Ekya JP Nagar? How is the teaching for Class 1 onwards? They are ICSE, but closer to home.
Old 6th January 2014, 14:48   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
at Bangalore, last night I noticed a large group of parents waiting outside Sophia's Convent (next to Golf Club) . It is very possible that forms for LKG are being issued Today! in my humble opinion it is one of the very best choices in our country to educate our daughters !.
Thanks so much for this tip Vinay, just one correction, they admit kids in Nursery as well
Old 6th January 2014, 16:19   #431
BHPian

My son will turn 3 this August.Planning to admit him into Pre KG in and around Bannergatta Road.
I've visited PSBB,Sherwood,Samhita Academy and Ryan International.
Any feedback on these schools?
Wifey and me are more inclined towards PSBB.They have told us that admissions for Pre KG in 2014 are already full.We have left our contact details there so that they can contact us incase of any cancellations.
Any one had any contacts there? Any assistance is much appreciated
Old 7th January 2014, 08:00   #432
Senior - BHPian

a prominent school in Malleswaram Bangalore , 'Hymanshu School' , located on 4th main road , near 17th cross , is currently giving forms for LKG admissions this week.
Old 7th January 2014, 11:44   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
My son will turn 3 this August.Planning to admit him into Pre KG in and around Bannergatta Road.
I've visited PSBB,Sherwood,Samhita Academy and Ryan International.
Any feedback on these schools?
Wifey and me are more inclined towards PSBB.They have told us that admissions for Pre KG in 2014 are already full.We have left our contact details there so that they can contact us incase of any cancellations.
Any one had any contacts there? Any assistance is much appreciated
I hear orchids international is very good, there was a recent education convention and they got the max number of enquiries and applications from B'gatta people.

I seriously suggest you to check it out. They are advertising everywhere as well.

Disclaimer: No association to this school.
Old 7th January 2014, 13:41   #434
BHPian

Pune : Seva Sadan School in Erandavana Pune

Any feedback on Seva Sadan school Erandavana Pune (next to Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital)? I understand that it has a SSC syllabus and has a sizable playground! But, that's it. Looking for a friend who intends to move in the vicinity and need it for his kids in LKG for upcoming Academic year.
I am looking for any information on below:
- How is the school overall - Teaching Staff, Focus on overall development?
- What is the admission process like?
- Student / Teacher ratio ?
- Anything else you think, he should know
Old 7th January 2014, 20:38   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Any feedback on NPS in Indiranagar?
NPS has been the most sought after school in Bangalore for decades now. Its quite tough to get in though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks