Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 18th July 2021, 00:14   #991
BHPian

Default Re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Folks - Requesting review of DPS Pune located at Undri. This will be probably an inter city transfer from DPS Bangalore North. Looking to get my son admitted mid year for 9th std. Any info about the academic performance of the school as well as extra curricular activities.

How's Undri as location in Pune? Is it developed/developing?
Can't comment on school and its performance. But I heard its standard DPS.

Undri was merged in Pune Muncipal Coproration this month only. Undri has many good residential societies.
But as it was a village council till last month, area as such is not developed yet. Road from Hadapsar to Undri is narrow and many times there are traffic jams due to a railway crossing. A bridge was under construction, but I am not aware of its status.

Overall there are many good residential societies and good reputed schools in that area. I feel if you just looking for DPS, then you should not bother about Undri.
Old 18th July 2021, 11:45   #992
BHPian

Hello BHPians!

Looking for information and reviews on DPS Navi Mumbai for Class XI & XII. Specifically looking for information on how the teaching staff is and whether or not teaching is effective and well-managed in the online form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Can't comment on school and its performance. But I heard its standard DPS.

Undri was merged in Pune Muncipal Coproration this month only. Undri has many good residential societies.
Really? I live in Nyati County and I'm pretty sure PMC merged this area from village council about 2-3 years ago. Traffic jams are very less nowadays. An underpass has been built for traffic towards Hadapsar market and the cars going towards Undri can use the railway crossing. It's one-way movement as of now.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 18th July 2021 at 11:48.
Old 21st August 2021, 12:47   #993
BHPian

Hi,
Any idea about the school Expert PU College - Kodialbail in Mangalore.

Planning to put my son for 11th and 12th there, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Old 21st August 2021, 19:10   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Hi,
Any idea about the school Expert PU College - Kodialbail in Mangalore.

Planning to put my son for 11th and 12th there, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
A relative of mine finished her 12th year before last. The academics are good. Some points to note:

1. No mobiles allowed for students.
2. Students are not allowed to go out of premises except when accompanied by parents.
3. Students get sort of card using which they can buy essential stuff in premises itself.

The parents are allowed to meet the ward once in a month.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 11:09   #995
BHPian

We are planning to relocate to Bangalore in H1 2022.
Our daughter is a student of class 3. We are advised to start looking for admissions to class 4 as many school start their process sometime in Oct/Nov timeframe.
Some of the thoughts that we have in our mind are as follows:

1. We want to continue in CBSE.
2. My office is located in Lavelle Road. I am currently advised to look for rental place around Jayanagar/JP Nagar or nearby area. So it would be great if school is nearby where we stay. I am open to consider other areas for good school.
3. School should have its own transport.

I would appreciate if members can help me with recommendation of schools. Also any other tips on admissions would be great help.

Thanks!

Last edited by VaibhaoT : 4th October 2021 at 11:11. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 4th October 2021, 12:19   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
We are planning to relocate to Bangalore in H1 2022.
Our daughter is a student of class 3. We are advised to start looking for admissions to class 4 as many school start their process sometime in Oct/Nov timeframe.
Some of the thoughts that we have in our mind are as follows:

1. We want to continue in CBSE.
2. My office is located in Lavelle Road. I am currently advised to look for rental place around Jayanagar/JP Nagar or nearby area. So it would be great if school is nearby where we stay. I am open to consider other areas for good school.
3. School should have its own transport.

I would appreciate if members can help me with recommendation of schools. Also any other tips on admissions would be great help.

Thanks!
I can recollect few CBSC schools around that area. My data might be old, please check.

* Jayanagar 4th T Block - NPS Jayanagar. Earlier Vivekananda was average. After NPS franchisee, it might be better.

* Jayanagar 7th Block - Bangalore Academy (old school tuning new leaf)
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 13:34   #997
BHPian

I stay at Kasturi Nagar Bengaluru and looking for good CBSE schools for my son who turns 3 years today. I have found the below nearby and could see many more in a radius of 3-4 KMs. Any pointers to good CBSE schools in this area?
Narayana Olympiad
Narayana eTechno
Sri Chaitanya eTechno
Presidency School
Old 5th October 2021, 17:41   #998
BHPian

Hello BHPIAN's,
I wanted to know if there are any college counsellors here in the forum or if anyone knows any counselor. I am looking for some guidance for college applications (specifically for colleges in the US, Canada and Germany)
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 23:39   #999
BHPian

The admission process for Jaigopal Garodia Rashtrotthana Vidya Kendra, Ramamurthy Nagar had started couple of weeks earlier and I had applied for my son for Nursery/Pre-KG for 2022-2023 Academic year.

I have also enquired for admissions with Narayana Olympiad and Chaitanya Techno school in Kasturi Nagar and Banaswadi area. I somehow have a feeling these 2 schools don't have much of sports or any extra-curricular activities for kids but only focus on competitive exams. Any idea if these 2 are worth looking into?

There is a Presidency School in Kasturi Nagar but this doesn't seem to have good reviews when I asked around.

Any idea how good is Kumarans School in Ramamurthy Nagar? Also any pointers to any other good schools in Kasturi Nagar, Banaswadi, HRBR Layout, Kalyan Nagar, OMBR Banaswadi and Ramamurthy Nagar areas?
Old 27th October 2021, 07:32   #1000
BHPian

BHP'ians - now that my son has sailed half year of UKG, I am looking for CBSE schools in Whitefield / ITPL area.

Any first hand reviews on Euro School, Whitefield (for primary classes 1 - 5)?

Also, any other options nearby which has CBSE and focusses equally on studies and extra curricular activities?
Old 27th October 2021, 07:49   #1001
BHPian

Hi BHP'ians (from Ahmedabad), can you recommend good CICSE / CBSE schools in Chandkheda / Vaishno Circle area? Moving to Amdavad around March. My wards are in primary.
Old 28th October 2021, 13:48   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I stay at Kasturi Nagar Bengaluru and looking for good CBSE schools for my son who turns 3 years today. I have found the below nearby and could see many more in a radius of 3-4 KMs. Any pointers to good CBSE schools in this area?
Narayana Olympiad
Narayana eTechno
Sri Chaitanya eTechno
Presidency School
There is one Narayana Olympiad in Sahakara Nagara,infact we had been there just a couple of days back. They start preparing children for JEE from 6th Std, and to achieve that they make children participate in these olympiads. From 6th Std, the school timings are 8:30am to 5:30pm. From 3:30pm to 5:30pm they conduct coaching for it. Me and wifey just looked at each other, said thanks and walked out.

Most Viewed