Senior - BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Link for NPS Koramangala:
http://www.npskrm.com/index.php?page=guidelines

NPS HSR: http://npshsr.com/index.php?page=reg_process
Old 4th December 2012, 14:34   #212
BHPian

My missus went and submitted our daughter's application for NPS RNR yesterday.

Fingers crossed , you never know, do you
Old 4th December 2012, 21:50   #213
Senior - BHPian

I learnt that St Joseph's Boys' High School , Museum road, Bangalore (ICSE) is giving out LKG admission forms at 8 am on 5th January, 2013 at the school. those parents interested may be present early .
Old 12th December 2012, 18:20   #214
BHPian

My daughter is 4.5 and is currently studying in Euro Kids Junior. I am looking for a good school near RR Nagar( 5 to 7 Km radius) and should be affiliated under I.C.S.E or C.B.S.E. I am rulling out National Hill View due to excessive fees. Request for info. Also how is Apollo National Public School near to Devegowda Petrol Bunk?
Old 20th December 2012, 00:02   #215
BHPian

We are planning to relocate back to India ( second attempt) and hopefully we will stick with it ( fingers crossed) , I need some inputs on selecting a good school in South Bangalore. We stay in Jayanagar area and before we moved to US, our son was studying in KUmarans - CBSE. We never liked the school somehow and thought it was after money more than anything else ( purely our view). I have been hearing quite a bit on Sri Chaitanya Techno school and need some help in getting some objective feedback on the same. We have shortlisted Jyothy Kendriya Vidyalaya, Mirambika Aurobindo, Sri Chaitanya tecno school.

Last edited by mazda4life : 20th December 2012 at 00:02. Reason: Spelling
Old 20th December 2012, 09:02   #216
Senior - BHPian

My son is presently studying in a CBSE school in Thane which is a bit far from my place, hence have been trying to get an admission to std 1 in DAV school at Ghodbunder Road. Couple of visits to the school to meet the principal have gone futile. They have asked to me submit an application & check in March 2013. The logic of admission at DAV is they first offer to siblings then inter DAV transfers, recommendations and then for general public. Any body in Thane has any idea about this or have their wards in DAV school?

My wifey (thru her regular gossip club) has found that there have been 5-6 admissions being cancelled, but school authorities claim otherwise. Any one know whether DAV,Thane charge(rather demand) donations?
Old 23rd January 2013, 18:13   #217
Senior - BHPian

Why is this thread so silent?
In Pune, January is the time for activity - schools like St. Arnolds, Airforce Public School, Bishops and others are all processing applications.

Is anyone from the forum trying to get their wards enrolled in LKG?
Old 24th January 2013, 09:53   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Why is this thread so silent?
In Pune, January is the time for activity - schools like St. Arnolds, Airforce Public School, Bishops and others are all processing applications.

Is anyone from the forum trying to get their wards enrolled in LKG?
Although my son is already in LKG at Bishops (Camp) I am not sure if the admissions for the term have begun there! Even the website does not throw up the admission forms.

Sorry, just checked it again & the details for Bishop's admissions are here http://www.thebishopsschool.org/Mess...02013-2014.pdf
Old 24th January 2013, 10:47   #219
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone recommend some good schools in the area/vicinity of Uttarahalli (not more than 2-3 kms away from the Brigade Komarla building) with reasons as to why you recommend or don't recommend a particular school? My son is currently in LKG and will require admission into UKG next year (2014 admission).

When do these schools give out their admission forms and what do i need to prepare myself with?

Please note, we prefer CBSE syllabus for our son.
Old 24th January 2013, 11:11   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Can anyone recommend some good schools in the area/vicinity of Uttarahalli (not more than 2-3 kms away from the Brigade Komarla building)
You can check out National Hill view public school. My nephew and niece go there and they seem to like it. Slightly academic focus, but quality is pretty good. They now have a branch in BSK 3rd stage too..
Old 24th January 2013, 11:12   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
You can check out National Hill view public school. My nephew and niece go there and they seem to like it. Slightly academic focus, but quality is pretty good. They now have a branch in BSK 3rd stage too..
Thanks Kvish. Any idea on the fee structure, donations, etc.?
Old 24th January 2013, 12:18   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Although my son is already in LKG at Bishops (Camp) I am not sure if the admissions for the term have begun there! Even the website does not throw up the admission forms.

Sorry, just checked it again & the details for Bishop's admissions are here http://www.thebishopsschool.org/Mess...02013-2014.pdf
Hello Manish,
We have applied for Bishops - camp, though our chances are low since we don't have any preferential status.

BTW: How is your kid doing at that school?
Can you share your experience in terms of school, staff, fees, home work and general pros/ cons that you have realized after one year?
Old 24th January 2013, 12:35   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hello Manish,
We have applied for Bishops - camp, though our chances are low since we don't have any preferential status.

BTW: How is your kid doing at that school?
Can you share your experience in terms of school, staff, fees, home work and general pros/ cons that you have realized after one year?
Hope for the best, there are several criteria's for admission & unfortunately it depends completely on the principal's discretion.

Being an ex-student of Bishops' I will definitely be biased, but the experience was nothing but mind blowing. We still talk about the school days, our ex-principal is still in touch with all his students. That was the degree of connect we had. I don't know too many people who share the same enthusiasm as Bishopites.

The values remain the same, the infrastructure is pretty much the same (typical British construction) although technology has been incorporated (biometric fingerprint scanning, cctv camera's, projectors for interactive & visual & audio impact on learning), also the food at the mess hall is superb compared to what we used to get in our days. Sports & extracurricular activities have been increased. Scouts is still interesting, they now include camping trips etc.

Teaching methodology remains the same, teachers still adorn their black overcoats (again British culture). Homework is given on a daily basis & tests are regular. We never crammed during the finals since the daily practice was thorough.

The fees are reasonable, we paid 50k for the first year which included a one time admission fee of 20k. We were getting milked at Vibgyor who charged more than a lakh per year & this was only for nursery.

One thing that everyone notices though is the snobbishness of the administrative staff. Trust me, this hasn't changed one bit since our time :o)
This is partially because of the recognition they have earned through the years.

My son has a blast at school. He actually enjoys going to school (except for the waking up early part).

Overall, you should be looking at the stability of the school & the way it has been managed. The support it receives is tremendous.
Old 24th January 2013, 13:10   #224
BHPian

My kid is turning 3 in Jul and I wish to enroll him in JM1 (Junior Montessori) in schools around Tambaram-Chennai. Any suggestions ?
Old 24th January 2013, 13:35   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
The fees are reasonable, we paid 50k for the first year which included a one time admission fee of 20k. We were getting milked at Vibgyor who charged more than a lakh per year & this was only for nursery.
I just went through the notice link pasted in your post. At one place they say, they don't accept donations but at the same time the one time admission fee is 20K. This is nothing but donation by other name .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks