Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2013, 23:45   #286
BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
AbelAFC what you said is exactly right, you don't have to run around to get these details , just look at the history and alumni.

I have a close relative who is a teacher working in one of the new generation school mentioned by you.She mentions that parents of the students are from the IT background , they are pampered to the core and they "Claim" to extremely wealthy. They compare their house/villas, their Beemers/Mercs and tease students who come in a M800 or live in a rented house.

The parents are least bothered and in the PT it is conveyed that they are after their careers and least interested in children's academics.

Sometimes i wonder about these students how do you crave out the new generation if they have such a attitude .
That's exactly what I'm on about. Maybe its weird coming from an 18 year old, but the crowd in the newer schools are terrible. Its doesn't help that a big percentage of them are expats and the desis automatically absorb the expats' lifestyle.
Old 2nd June 2013, 15:35   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any age criteria in ICSE schools for pre-nursery?

Schools like Ryan International, Clarence(JP Nager), Sherwood High has a age criteria of 3 years 10 months or 4years for Pre-Nursery. But they don't stick to it. Ex: One of my friends son was only 3 years old when he was admitted for Pre-Nursery in Ryan International.

Also, what is the age criteria to appear for 10th exams in Bangalore(ICSE)?
Old 2nd June 2013, 19:09   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
IIRC, the ICSE board gives a time period every year under which the child must have been born for 10th grade eligibility.
Old 2nd June 2013, 19:40   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Is there any age criteria in ICSE schools for pre-nursery?

Schools like Ryan International, Clarence(JP Nager), Sherwood High has a age criteria of 3 years 10 months or 4years for Pre-Nursery. But they don't stick to it. Ex: One of my friends son was only 3 years old when he was admitted for Pre-Nursery in Ryan International.

The student must have completed atleast 15 years to be eligible for writing the board exams. 16 years is preferred( from the student point of view)
Old 2nd June 2013, 20:14   #290
BHPian

arun_josie, I just checked the 2014 ICSE Syllabus & Regulations book, it says on page two that there is no age limit. I was wrong initially, sorry.
Old 2nd June 2013, 23:09   #291
BHPian

Gentlemen, any feedback/ opinion of Bishop Cottons Boy School? I believe the age limit is 4 years as of June for LKG.
Old 3rd June 2013, 03:56   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Gentlemen, any feedback/ opinion of Bishop Cottons Boy School? I believe the age limit is 4 years as of June for LKG.
Probably among the best schools in Bangalore. There are very good at all-round skills. I can tell you this as an ex-Cottonian.
Old 3rd June 2013, 06:43   #293
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Reasons why parents rush their kids are,
1) If the kid loses an year, he will still be within his age group
2) Taking example of engineering, if the kid completes engineering at 20 (instead of 22), he will have 30 years (60 - 20) of work-life (& earnings !), as opposed to 28 years.
This kind of thing is highly unfair on the child. Please think about the chilld's development and situation before pushing him/ her so hard.
I absolutely do not endorse this typical Indian and Chinese 'pushiness'. Allow the child to have a childhood and develop normally. What does it matter if he or she is a little late? Let each find his / her own level in his/ her own time.
Really, in 2013, I would have imagined that our so called 'educated' classes would know better!!
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:41   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This kind of thing is highly unfair on the child. Please think about the chilld's development and situation before pushing him/ her so hard.
I absolutely do not endorse this typical Indian and Chinese 'pushiness'. Allow the child to have a childhood and develop normally. What does it matter if he or she is a little late? Let each find his / her own level in his/ her own time.
Really, in 2013, I would have imagined that our so called 'educated' classes would know better!!
There was an article in yesterday's TOI on "Hurried child syndrome"

Link :
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/l...w/20393458.cms
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:08   #295
BANNED

I skimmed through this yesterday. I read it properly today from your link.
I think this is absolutely bang on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
There was an article in yesterday's TOI on "Hurried child syndrome"

Link :
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/l...w/20393458.cms
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:36   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This kind of thing is highly unfair on the child.

What worse is how underage kids are admitted. Since Govt rules have to be followed, the birth certificate needs to fudged to show that the kid is eligible. The process of lying starts there.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:43   #297
BANNED

Reading all these horrible things, I am glad my wife and I have made the choice that we have. No Kids. I would rather lavish all my time, effort and affection on my various pets and other animals rather than go through all this rubbish that these poor kids seem to have to go through these days. Our time was so much better and we really enjoyed a "childhood".

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post

What worse is how underage kids are admitted. Since Govt rules have to be followed, the birth certificate needs to fudged to show that the kid is eligible. The process of lying starts there.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:19   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Reading all these horrible things, I am glad my wife and I have made the choice that we have. No Kids. I would rather lavish all my time, effort and affection on my various pets and other animals rather than go through all this rubbish that these poor kids seem to have to go through these days. Our time was so much better and we really enjoyed a "childhood".
That's a good decision. I just finished Grade 12, and despite the fact I've had next to no pressure whatsoever from my folks, its been hell. And its sad to know that its only gonna get worse. Its a sad state of affairs in our country. :\
Old 3rd June 2013, 14:49   #299
BHPian

Hi All,

This information is for people staying around Uttarahalli, BSK 5-6 stage and Rajarajeshwarinagar, there is a new school from NPS comming up in Banashankari 5th stage. Visited the place over last weekend, the buliding is still under construction but the school starts this year and admissions are still open. The fees are expensive is what I felt.
Old 26th June 2013, 17:41   #300
BHPian

Any feedback on Vidya Niketan Hebbal ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks