Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 10:23   #346
BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

National Hill View has a sprawling campus and looks awesome but kinda expensive. Also they open admissions only in June which is very late since most schools open up admissions during Oct-Nov.
We got our daughter admitted to PG-1 at NHVPS last year. True to its name, both the branches ( RR Nagar & Hosakere halli ) are on top of a hill.

The new branch ( our daughter goes to this branch ) will take atleast an year or so to get it completed. Having seen the construction, i think it will be equally as good as RR Nagar branch.

We like the school a lot , although have heard from some folks that it is heavily focused on academics, strict principal etc.

Focus on academics, strict principal and a bit of discipline won't harm i guess
Old 23rd October 2013, 10:27   #347
BHPian

My son is 3 years old and I am searching for schools to get him admitted in LKG next June. Looking for schools around in and around Whitefield. From what I have heard, there are quite some good schools available. The following are the options I am looking at currently:-
Delhi Public School(Whitefield)
Whitefield Global School
Vydehi
Mount Litera Zee School

Would anyone have any comments on the above 4?
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:27   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
My son is 3 years old and I am searching for schools to get him admitted in LKG next June. Looking for schools around in and around Whitefield. From what I have heard, there are quite some good schools available. The following are the options I am looking at currently:-
Whitefield Global School
Vydehi
Mount Litera Zee School

My preference would be

1. VIBGYOR ( Newly opened on SH36, not in your list )
2. Whitefield Global
3. Delhi Public School
4. Vydehi
5. Mount Litera
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:30   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whitefield Global School
Vydehi
Mount Litera Zee School

Among these WGS has good reviews on parentree from actual parents. Deens is another good option in Whitefield area and also gopalan.
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:35   #350

My son is 3years 10 months by June 2014. I think he is eligible for CBSE schools admission. I am too confused about NPS. I read mixed reviews. Also I need advice on what other schools available around Indiranagar area.
It will also help if someone knows about Vidyashilp/vidyanikethan admission process
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:32   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Both are quite good schools. Freedom/NPS (HSR and Koramangala), Bethanys (Koramangala) are also good options
Thanks! I will check the ones you have suggested too.
Old 4th November 2013, 22:42   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whitefield Global School
Vydehi
Mount Litera Zee School

3 years for LKG is too early i feel. The same class might have kids @ 4years as well having better grasping power. Some schools are very strict when it comes to age criteria, while some go by the parents wish. So, in the second case, same class might have kids with even a complete one year difference. If your kid ends up on the lower side then will find it tough to cope up with other kids.
Old 5th November 2013, 09:31   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
3 years for LKG is too early i feel. The same class might have kids @ 4years as well having better grasping power. Some schools are very strict when it comes to age criteria, while some go by the parents wish. So, in the second case, same class might have kids with even a complete one year difference. If your kid ends up on the lower side then will find it tough to cope up with other kids.
Well, my son will be 3 years 10 months next June. Checked a few schools and they are ok to admit around that age. I agree that 3 years is a bit too young for lkg.
Old 5th November 2013, 09:40   #354
BHPian

My daughter will be 3yrs and 5 months by May 31st 2014. Am planning to get her admitted in pre kg in a reputed school for academic year 2014-2015. Or should I opt for a school that lets her join in lkg next year? She is going to Eurokids for pre kg the past 15 days. Thanks.
Old 5th November 2013, 09:57   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
My daughter will be 3yrs and 5 months by May 31st 2014. Am planning to get her admitted in pre kg in a reputed school for academic year 2014-2015. Or should I opt for a school that lets her join in lkg next year? She is going to Eurokids for pre kg the past 15 days. Thanks.
I would definitely suggest Pre-KG. My daughter will also be 3 yr 5 months by next June and I have taken admission for Pre-KG. She is already going to Pre-KG in a near by play school and my observation is that although she is comfortable with verbal stuff, when it comes to things like writing/coloring she finds it more difficult to cope. So I feel LKG will be unnecessary pressure for a 3.5 yr old.

Most schools will also not admit a 3.5 year old in LKG. In Bangalore apart from VIBGYOR, I have not come across any other school allowing 3.5 year old kids in LKG
Old 5th November 2013, 23:12   #356
A.R
BHPian

I got my son's admission done at NH Gurukul for Grade 1 - 2014. There was a written test base don what he's studied so far.

Fees with admission comes to approx 1.3l. Uniforms, transportation etc will be extra. Subsequent years will be 40k less.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:10   #357
BHPian

Re: Bangalore School Admissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
About NPS HSR.

My son goes to NPS HSR, and here is some feedback about the school.
That getting into the school is a lottery is probably true. We could not understand what criteria got us the ticket, that several others did not.

But, that apart, the teachers are very good. It is still pretty heavily acedemically oriented, and i also heard that home work increases as they grow older (my son is in Ukg now).

However, what i like is that my son seems to like school, and rarely has there been a day where he has complained about going to school. This to me is a very positive sign. To me, its all about bringing the best in the kid, whether it is in acedemics or otherwise. And having the kid in a positive envirnoment is what i am looking for.

As they grow older, i think they will have lesser time in view of the study material, but assuming they also have a solid foundation, they probably will be able to manage it as well. (hopefully - fingers crossed ).
Dear Deep/BHPians
I am looking for an admission in NPS HSR but every time I check for forms and get answer not yet out
Please let me know the procedure of NPS/pointers as I hear we need to stand in big queue to get the form and some say forms are available on line
I am looking for admission in Standard 3rd and LKG (both boys)
Old 11th November 2013, 13:48   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Dear Deep/BHPians
I am looking for an admission in NPS HSR but every time I check for forms and get answer not yet out
Please let me know the procedure of NPS/pointers as I hear we need to stand in big queue to get the form and some say forms are available on line
Hello ,
The normal process is to check at the school as to when they are issuing forms. I would suggest that a visit to the school to get first hand information rather than other online sites.

When I went for the forms there was no queue or anything. They were fairly easily procured by paying Rs 500 if I remember it right. But that was 3 years ago and things may have changed a little. So I suggest to enquire at the school and check.

For 3rd standard the main problem I see is that you will get admission only when someone else would have quit creating a vacancy. So, I suggest to try in a few schools and not just rely on NPS.
Old 11th November 2013, 14:30   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Hello ,
For 3rd standard the main problem I see is that you will get admission only when someone else would have quit creating a vacancy. So, I suggest to try in a few schools and not just rely on NPS.
Yes I know getting admission in 3rd standard is difficult but no harm in trying. Yes we already have a back up in place.

Just came back from the school huh... very hot outside.. as per them they are waiting for some govt. approval. Not sure what is this but I believe a good excuse to get rid of all queries. All info would be published on website so need to check their website on daily basis. Instructed not to come and check school again. All this communication happend at gate from telephone extension.
Old 11th November 2013, 14:38   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I think the queue system was done away couple of years back. At some date the forms are available on line. You can download them, get a draft done, fill the form and drop it in the drop box in the school. You will have to poll the site every day to check. This is OLD information. Do check with school guys, if that is how it is this year too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks