Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2014, 15:05   #466
BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

My previous post on a horrific crime allegedly committed by staff members of a reputed school was deleted since there was no news link provided along with it. Here iam giving the link.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...w/38516959.cms
Quote:
BANGALORE: The horrific incident of the alleged gang rape of a six-year-old girl in an upmarket school in East Bangalore is turning grislier, as police piece together the traumatized child's statements and medical evidence.

The class I student was gang-raped by two staffers of Vibgyor School, Varthur-Haralur Road, near Kundalahalli Gate, investigating officers said. The crime took place on the school campus during class hours, they added. The girl, daughter of a software engineer from Odisha, is undergoing treatment in hospital.

Police on Wednesday started the process of identifying the suspects in the gang rape. A gym instructor and a security guard were picked up, but a second identification parade is being held to confirm their involvement.
Makes one wonder where the little ones are safe anymore.

Last edited by noopster : 17th July 2014 at 16:42. Reason: Thanks- added an extract of the article as well
Old 17th July 2014, 15:06   #467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
My previous post on this horrific crime was deleted since there was no news link provided along with it. Here iam giving the link.

Why don't they name the school in such reports? Loss of advert revenue. Journalism is pits!
Old 17th July 2014, 15:08   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why don't they name the school in such reports? Loss of advert revenue. Journalism is pits!
School name is clearly mentioned in that article - "The class I student was gang-raped by two staffers of Vibgyor School, Varthur-Haralur Road, near Kundalahalli Gate, investigating officers said."
Old 17th July 2014, 15:10   #469
BHPian

Quote:
The school in question is well known. I have been informed that it is VIBGYOR.

Absolutely astounding this crime. A girl in Class 1? I mean, what would the politicians say - she was carrying a mobile phone or wearing short skirts?

The school needs to be shut down, permanently. If the principal tried shielding the accused should be held responsible as well. As far as the 2 men are concerned I do not think if there is any punishment severe enough for them.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:10   #470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
School name is clearly mentioned in that article - "The class I student was gang-raped by two staffers of Vibgyor School, Varthur-Haralur Road, near Kundalahalli Gate, investigating officers said."
Oh ok. Actually on the news Times now they keep saying "Reputed school" as if that is the name of the school.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:22   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
The school in question is well known. I have been informed that it is VIBGYOR.
Yes, its VIBGYOR high (http://www.vibgyorhigh.com/) they have 8 branches in bangalore and presence in 5 other cities as well.

As per the news this incident has happened inside the school campus during school hours and now the school is trying to shield the culprit(couple of staff members). What a SHAME.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:40   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My previous post on a horrific crime allegedly committed by staff members of a reputed school was deleted since there was no news link provided along with it. Here iam giving the link.

27 Gym instructors ?? is this a school or a gym and fitness centre that is being talked about?

One cant control the individual's intentions,but what I find shocking is the way the situation has been handled after it has come out

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 17th July 2014 at 15:46.
Old 17th July 2014, 16:07   #473
BHPian

Sad thing is, this crime will be forgotten in a few days. There will be something else for media to trumpet about. Money power will ensure the case is hushed up. And in the name of installing CCTVs, this same school will hike the fee next year. IT-employed parents will still queue up from previous night outside this very school's gate for admission.

It will all be business as usual.
Old 17th July 2014, 17:45   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Thats what struck me when the news came out yesterday. No mention of the school name at all, although I could guess it from the details given. Its only after the issue snowballed into a major one that our esteemed journalists deemed it fit to mention the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
27 Gym instructors ?? is this a school or a gym and fitness centre that is being talked about?
To give you a background, this is a school that has 26 (yes not typo, A-Z) sections for a single standard.
Old 17th July 2014, 17:57   #475
BHPian

Any VIBGYOR parents here ? what are your views in light of this shameful act by the staff and the way the school authorities are shielding their names ? Would you continue sending your kid of the same school ? I for one am a parent and completely shocked by the incident and clueless.

Last edited by 2500cc : 17th July 2014 at 18:01.
Old 17th July 2014, 18:17   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Thats what struck me when the news came out yesterday. No mention of the school name at all, although I could guess it from the details given. Its only after the issue snowballed into a major one that our esteemed journalists deemed it fit to mention the name.

To give you a background, this is a school that has 26 (yes not typo, A-Z) sections for a single standard.
The school building must be as big as Phoenix market city then!Its just sad and deplorable the actions of the management after the incident came to light.they should have been firm and upright in dealing with the situation once it came out rather than dilly dallying with it

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 17th July 2014, 18:59   #477
Team-BHP Support

Need advise from fellow members , my Kid completed his Grade 9 from Canada & we are trying to get his admission in Class X with CBSE affiliated school . Has anyone some past experience on this , almost all schools have refused admissions citing some new rules which allows admission only if Grade 9 is done with CBSE board only , tried with ICSE as well but same situation ..
Old 17th July 2014, 19:45   #478
BHPian

Most shockingly, We have some customers visiting Bangalore today and one of them caught up with this news while going through some local news channel in his hotel today morning. He referred to this incident and asked me during our scheduled telco today and I quote "Is this True. If yes, how on earth can this even be thought off ?" .

On one side we have this huge rising middle class making their mark in every field, flamboyant GenY full of energy to take on the world, and on other side there are these inept politicians, moronic babus, and these human outside devil inside type living creatures.

I feel so ashamed after reading this news and the reason is I and the people we are talking about here have something in common. We are Indians.
Old 17th July 2014, 19:49   #479
Team-BHP Support

See post # 424 of the same thread. That summarises the school.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3329877
Old 17th July 2014, 19:56   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Need advise from fellow members , my Kid completed his Grade 9 from Canada & we are trying to get his admission in Class X with CBSE affiliated school . Has anyone some past experience on this , almost all schools have refused admissions citing some new rules which allows admission only if Grade 9 is done with CBSE board only , tried with ICSE as well but same situation ..
You havent mentioned which location in India are you looking for a school.Please mention that for people to let you know accordingly

Most Viewed