Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:53   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Change your signature to whatever message you want to convey.
Then the moderator has then two choices:

1.One to live with that offensive message showing on all of your posts

2.To delete all your threads to sanitize his image
C'mon dude, Mods and admins can clear your signature with just a click so this wont workout :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Try befriending a mod and talk to him

Pramod
This sounds like a good idea, Neil try this if the admin is ready to talk.

@neil : Take it easy dude. Just forget that you were a part of some automotive forum. Stop logging in, That is what you can do. I'm doing it.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd December 2009 at 17:34.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Moderators on forums worldwide get their way around. Stop your lost battle and move on in life
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:26   #18
Team-BHP Support

There is a reason why your posts will not be deleted. You have 750+ posts, and have posted in many discussions. Many people have replied to you, and entire threads may revolve around your posts. If admins delete all your posts, or your userid, all that will go for a toss, and many active discussions will become meaningless.
So if you do not want to post due to problem with the admins, you can always stop posting, and forget about it.
Other than that, its just a forum, where you joined to discuss some common interest. So do not take it as a battle of life or something. Just ignore it. There are many forums where I have posted many posts long time back, but hardly visit them now!
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:34   #19
BHPian

@tsk1979 : What you said is correct, I have a small question, What if we want the topics created by us regarding our cars,projects or whatever it is to be deleted?
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Become a Mod there, delete all your posts and last delete your account.. Now any ideas how to become a Mod??
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Become a Mod there, delete all your posts and last delete your account.. Now any ideas how to become a Mod??
That kid wont make me a mod. I am so dam sure about it.
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There are many forums where I have posted many
posts long time back, but hardly visit them now!
Exactly. I used to post actively in a Nikon forum, now it took me almost a minute just to recall the URL.

@ Neil.Bhujbal "you LOSER" (LOL just kidding) even if a friendly mod may delete your posts, the content will continue to appear in google for a considerable period.

What about the threads that you may have started? Deleting such a large portion of content may skew the forum statistics as well.

I strongly recommend you to leave the past behind and look forward to a great future in TBHP. Just my 2c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
That kid wont make me a mod. I am so dam sure about it.
Your profile says you are a 19-year old! How old is that kid then?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 22nd December 2009 at 18:07.
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:09   #23
AWD
BHPian

Hey Neil, in all probability the forum you are talking about must have seen this thread & will be treating you differently from now on in the fear of anti-publicity.
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Your profile says you are a 19-year old! How old is that kid then?
He's is 18 from what i have heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Hey Neil, in all probability the forum you are talking about must have seen this thread & will be treating you differently from now on in the fear of anti-publicity.
Who cares ? I have t-bhp.
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Who cares ? I have t-bhp.
That's the spirit.Way to go buddy!!

By the way the people and newbies on that forum who would be following your threads there will eventually leave along with you.And most probably they might end in here

I have always seen that the undeserving people cannot hog the limelight for much time.Eventually their fluke is known to everyone.So forget that forum and continue your gyan on team-bhp.
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:55   #26
Team-BHP Support

Neil.Bhujbal,

I think members here have covered most of it :
  • Removing useful posts (especially a large number) can damage the flow of the discussion. Almost any administrator would be against doing so.
  • Try a polite appeal to the moderators / admins. Be realistic with your demands (eg. ask for only specifics threads created by you to be removed).
  • If you feel like you have been wronged, i believe the trend these days is to share your experience on a blog.
  • I would not recommend guerrilla tactics like changing your signature or avatar picture. These can be easily countered by admins (and no, they do NOT need to log into your account to do so, as someone else mentioned incorrectly) .
  • See the specifics of what their terms & conditions state with regard to your contributions. If in your favour, you could bring this to their notice, or worst case, consider a legal route if you really think its worth it.

At the end of the day, ask yourself this : Is it really worth trying to get your posts removed because of a fight / difference of opinion? (The "best" outcome of which will be that thousands of other readers will be deprived of the info you shared).

Closing this thread now.

Regards,
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks