Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 15:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

RIP Vishnuvardhan & C Ashwath.
Both of them were equally good in their field.
Vishnuvardhan was one of those fantastic actors who was decent and no gossip around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
yesterday very renowned kannada folk singer "Aswath" passed away, seems like a bad week!
Ashwath is not exactly a FOLK Singer. He was a great musician + good singer. He has sung most of the famous poets poems/songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Vidhana Parishath member passed away
He is Kailash.

Had been to Railway station + Majestic.
Majestic area is completely shut.
Gandhibazaar also shut with minor stone pelting was going around.
Interestingly Most of the shops in JC Road were open.
Old 30th December 2009, 15:12   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

A sad day indeed. Ashwath was a pillar in the Kannada music world, his voice like no other. Listen to him sing songs like those of Shishunaala Shareef, and you cant fail to feel the song, the words. Ashwath will remain irreplaceable.

Vishnuvardhan was part of the golden era of Indian film industry. A time when we had so many stalwarts and legends. He stood shoulder-to-shoulder amongst these greats.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

OT, pls share any updates to the situation in any part of the city.
Old 30th December 2009, 15:19   #48
BHPian

You live in our hearts sir !! i was dumbstuck today morning may your soul rest in peace.

A Tribute to you..

Old 30th December 2009, 15:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Very sad news. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 30th December 2009, 15:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Sush, yes true but he was "known" for the folk music/style of his. he was a great music director/singer/poet.

Prajeep thanks for posting this song, one of the bests. remember i used to wait for this song to be played in vivdh barathi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
RIP Vishnuvardhan & C Ashwath.
Both of them were equally good in their field.
Vishnuvardhan was one of those fantastic actors who was decent and no gossip around.

Ashwath is not exactly a FOLK Singer. He was a great musician + good singer. He has sung most of the famous poets poems/songs.

He is Kailash.

Had been to Railway station + Majestic.
Majestic area is completely shut.
Gandhibazaar also shut with minor stone pelting was going around.
Interestingly Most of the shops in JC Road were open.
Old 30th December 2009, 16:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

Just yesterday evening, I was flicking the channels and a Vishnu movie was coming. I forgot the name though. He is a budding football player who has to give up the game due to family reasons and he sells his kidney to make ends meet....It goes on something like this. Can anybody tell me the name of this movie?

btw, Bhootaiyana Maga Ayyu is my favourite Vishnu movie. Even Lokesh has done very well in that movie. He also was a very talented actor. Sadly, even he is not alive this day.

C Ashwat's 'Ningi Ningi' was an awesome song. Very sad that he passed away yesterday on his birthday. RIP

I saw some tyres burning and the shops were closed in the Manjunathnagar area near Basaveshwaranagar. Rajajinagar looks fine although there is very little traffic.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 30th December 2009 at 16:07.
Old 30th December 2009, 16:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Just yesterday evening, I was flicking the channels and a Vishnu movie was coming. I forgot the name though. He is a budding football player who has to give up the game due to family reasons and he sells his kidney to make ends meet....It goes on something like this. Can anybody tell me the name of this movie?

Its Karna, remake of Sahib from Hindi.
Old 30th December 2009, 16:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
That is Karna. It was also made in Hindi starring Anil Kapoor, IIRC. I am not sure which one came first, though!

Last edited by safari_lover : 30th December 2009 at 16:29.
Old 30th December 2009, 16:32   #54
BHPian

I switched on my cell this morning to get the SMS from my friend that he is no more. Quite a shocker.

I grew up watching his and Rajkumar movies. These two actors were the GEMS of Kannada cinema. There is nobody who can replace these two actors.

May his soul R.I.P.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Its Karna, remake of Sahib from Hindi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
That is Karna. It was also made in Hindi starring Anil Kapoor, IIRC. I am not sure which one came first, though!
Saheb was released on 1985 and Karna on 1986.. BUT, both of these were actually remade from an Assamese movie(national award winner 1984 for best regional fim) called "Son Maina". The protagonist was a cricketer in that movie. Yeah, it sounds strange but true.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Mourning the death of my fav actor in Kannada filmdom. We will miss you "Sahasasimha"
Rest in peace!!
Old 30th December 2009, 17:29   #57
BANNED

One of my Favorite actors in Kannada Cinema.

I have lots of memories about this very actor, Very gentle and an affectionate human being.

I had a chance to talk to him couple of times when i was a kid, as my school was adjacent to his Jayanagar house.

After the success of Nagarahavu, he had a pet cobra in his house along with other animals, i still remember him cry once his cobra died.

His Nissan which he himself used to wash outside his house, and also a very considerate person. He travelled to Dharmasthala in the very same car and just by chance donated the relatively new car to the temple trust and travelled back home by Bus.

Watched many of his movies, our troubled Kannada film industry has lost a true PERFORMER and we fans have lost a true gem of a super star.

His 200th movie is supposedly just complete and awaiting release next year. That would be his last tribute to the Kannada Film Industry and all we Kannada Fans.

Let his soul Rest In Peace. Sahasa Simha Vishnuvardhan! We Truly Miss you.

Old 30th December 2009, 17:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

Wow Pavan, you rekindled the memories of his fine acting in Noorondu nenapu from Bandhana.. Thanks a lot mate!

He has emoted so well in this song that it touches my heart every time i see this song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
One of my Favorite actors in Kannada Cinema.

I have lots of memories about this very actor, Very gentle and an affectionate human being.

I had a chance to talk to him couple of times when i was a kid, as my school was adjacent to his Jayanagar house.

After the success of Nagarahavu, he had a pet cobra in his house along with other animals, i still remember him cry once his cobra died.

His Nissan which he himself used to wash outside his house, and also a very considerate person. He travelled to Dharmasthala in the very same car and just by chance donated the relatively new car to the temple trust and travelled back home by Bus.

Watched many of his movies, our troubled Kannada film industry has lost a true PERFORMER and we fans have lost a true gem of a super star.

His 200th movie is supposedly just complete and awaiting release next year. That would be his last tribute to the Kannada Film Industry and all we Kannada Fans.

Let his soul Rest In Peace. Sahasa Simha Vishnuvardhan! We Truly Miss you.
Old 30th December 2009, 18:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Those going towards Jayanagar, JP Nagar and Basavanagudi please be cautious. Please take care at the National College flyover area as well.

Cremation is in Uttarahalli. Watch out for crowds and traffic in these sectors.

RIP
Old 30th December 2009, 18:33   #60
BHPian

Pls park your vehicles in safe place ASAP. Miscreants just broke my car's windshield. Few got caught and thrashed by the police but every car parked in the lane has been damaged.

This is from Basvangudi area.

Most Viewed