Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2005, 00:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

The exciting Ashes Test Series

It's not been discussed for a while. And i'm glad we didn't. I'm personally not a fan of cricket. Yes, I do watch a bit here and there, but otherwise i don't bother much. Especially our boys in blue. Less said the better

I've been following the Ashes since the 95 season and pretty much came about feeling dejected every now and then. But not now. Not this year. England have staged a comeback. And what a comeback! A football crazy nation nearly stopped bothering about the sport when England was on the brink of winning the third test match the last time around. 20,000 people were turned back from the stadium for lack of capacity. I'm still rubbing my eyes in disbelief that cricket is taking centerstage once again in Her Majesty's kingdom.

I'm as darn happy and excited over England's victory in the fourth test. Call it the rise of the underdogs, but seriously, i've not been this excited about cricket since India's one-day victory over Pakistan early last year in Pakistan.It's David taking on Goliath and how! So darn happy, that i just had a drinks session with friends to celebrate England's 2-1 lead over Australia.

What are your opinions on the Ashes? Pour em in. What's England doing right and Australia doing wrong? What does England still need to improve on? Is this the end of Australia's glorious rein? Will England continue its form in the 5th and final test? Answers people!

Revv
Old 29th August 2005, 01:19   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well rightly said rev that was one hell of a match..this entire series must be the best ashes series of the entire century..no doubt about it...woooow what a match,david taking on goliath and as the epic goes david whips the hell out of goliath..this series has to be the 2nd best series to the india v/s pak series in this decade..

well im not totally shocked at englands superb performance,bcoz they have a great bowling attack maybe better than the aussies right now,remember mcgrath,gillespie,kasprowicz and warne are close to retiring..well this new menacing blood that england has found in the form of harmison and simon jones will surely be a treat to watch for many many years to come..and boy o boy do we need to talk about "freddy" flintoff,what a transformation has he brought about to the fortunes of the english cricket team...he single handedly is taking the attack to the aussies be it with the bat or the ball..and wow have u noticed the reverse swing that these england bowlers are getting that to as early as 25th over,surely wasim akram,waqar younis and imran khan wud have been proud if they could do it the way these 4 quickies have been eating into the formidable aussie batting lineup..and the tail has done a tremendous job for both the teams,wonder whats with the top order especially with the aussies..all in all in a football crazy country like england for the past month and a half its been only "fascinating cricket coverage be it on the front page or the last page of any tabloid"..wow the last three tests just got to be the hardest fought and closest encounters in test cricket for a long long time to come...

just like ferrari dominated all these years in formula1 and are losing ground to both renault and mclaren this might be just the "beginning of the decline of the team of the century"!!!!!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 29th August 2005 at 01:21.
Old 29th August 2005, 07:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

What goes up, must come down! We've seen it happen to Ferrari - many years of dominance has come to an end. Same is the case of the Aussies in cricket. They have been my favourite team for a long time and I just wonder if they can find someone good enough after the best of them all, Glenn McGrath retires. Still, it's a good thing that England are winning. Now other teams too will start believing that the Aussies can be beaten. The England team is full young and talented players who might even start dominating the sport. Well done fellows!
Any team who desparately needs a series win should play against Team India. Whippin' Boyz of da game!

Last edited by Aditya : 29th August 2005 at 07:31.
Old 29th August 2005, 11:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ashes:

Microsoft - Australia
Google - England

Most Viewed