Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2005, 14:54   #1
dev
BHPian

Few Queries

Dear BHPians,

My Ford Ikon CLXI(1.3L, petrol) has some problems and I am looking for help.

1) Mufler: Since it had holes, it is giving noise. Need to change. How much it costs? and where to find in BLR?

2) from the left side seating person leg space, water is coming.. it happens only when its raining.. Even the carpet became so wet, we can squeeze water from it. How to remove those water, and from where it is coming?

3) Lost one of the wheel covers.... can I get one? the small cap.

4) Can I find any manuals for Ford Ikon on web?

5) Where to find a good mechanic in BLR for Ikon..

Psycho, I will be calling you soon..
thanks,
dev
Old 29th August 2005, 15:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) from the left side seating person leg space, water is coming.. it happens only when its raining.. Even the carpet became so wet, we can squeeze water from it. How to remove those water, and from where it is coming?
that maybe the A/c ...leaking condensed water ,volume increases during rains perhaps due to higher humidity ..
Old 29th August 2005, 15:01   #3
BHPian

1. You can get a free flow one starting from 1.5K You can ask Psycho or Anoops

2. The plug under the carpet mat which prevents the water from entering into the compartment might have got loose. Remove the carpet and check whether the plug is present.

3. Pretty dificult to get one wheel cap alone. Just ask around in some small shop or gujlee. They might have it.
Old 29th August 2005, 15:23   #4
dev
BHPian

Thanks guys.
Water is not coming from AC.. when I tested pouring water from the front windscreen, it got into the vehicle from the said place. Plug is there.
Whats the difference between normal mufler and free flow?
thanks.
Old 29th August 2005, 19:32   #5
dev
BHPian

Will Mufflers cost 2.6K(Is it original)? When enquired Ford Dealer, it is 7.5K. Since it is 1.3L Endura Engine.
And how much will it cost to remove Dashboard and check the leakage when rain comes?
Old 30th August 2005, 00:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Water is not coming from AC..
the front windshield beading could have developed a gap.... take the car to a garage and give the windshield a thorough 'sealant' treatment. that should solve your leakage problem. the sealant will cover up any gaps in the windhield beading.

the sealant job should take about a day or two (since it involves removing of the windshield, for a thorough job; it can also be done without removing the windshield- but no guarantee), and depending upon the garage and their quality, the job should cost somewhere in the region of 800 rs (approx- add a few hundred more if you are getting it done from an authorised service centre, and the cost could go as low as 500 if done from a low-tech garage).

as for the mech. parts, psycho should be able to help you out....no idea regarding other stuff in bangalore...
Old 30th August 2005, 00:35   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
3)Lost one of the wheel covers.... can I get one? the small cap.

4) Can I find any manuals for Ford Ikon on web?
3....You can't get just one of those, will need to get the whole set. Infact get the ZXI Wheel covers, the set costs 500 bucks

4....Nope. Can't get it on the web. I've been looking for it too ;-). Best source another owner....

Cheers!!!
Old 2nd September 2005, 18:40   #8
dev
BHPian

Muffler was made gas welding and saved some bucks.
and coming to water leakage, when I went for AutoCop fitting, it seems that guy made a separate hole(the leather cover) from the bonnet where all the company wires go in. it is having some space in that hole. So, when heavy rain is coming, water is coming in.
I need to apply Solvent or some other stuff..
Old 2nd September 2005, 18:43   #9
dev
BHPian

from the same dealer in BLR(I am not sure can I name it or not) I done Sunfilm/AutoCop, etc.,
The front wind shield has some air bubbles and this guy tells me that is common 3-5% everywhere and we cannnot fit without bubbles. it is on luck he says.
and for this fitting AutoCop, he done in this way.. didn't asked him on this, as he will say some other story.. but if any one suggests to name this dealer, I can tell.
Be aware from this dealer in Kormangala.
bye

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks