Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 02:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Lot of people who are rural zamindar types background keep v.v.poor people as servants and treat them like slaves.

Common in villages, but when they (or next gen) move to cities they continue with the habit but under closed doors.

I myself have seen one family that had kids from their native village working for them. Guy would yell for his servant but wouldn't pickup a remote that was 6 inches away.

But of course they were not treated this bad.
Old 5th January 2010, 04:47   #32
BHPian

Communal Reinforcement

Interesting to note that nobody has a confirmation if the Techie is actually from Infosys but several posts have already chided Infosys for the same and several others are probably carrying the impression that the techie is probably from Infosys since no other name has popped up.
Communal reinforcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So to even out things, let me add, " I heard that the Techie actually works for TCS or Wipro. Could anybody confirm? " :-)

Last edited by sharathjeppu : 5th January 2010 at 04:49. Reason: Adding a Title
Old 5th January 2010, 05:32   #33
SMK
BHPian

I am a TCSer, I confirm, no person by name Pallabh Chakraborty in TCS.

I see no point in blaming the company since its the individuals come from various backgrounds and there is no way you can ask a individual about their personal life unless its affecting their productivity during office hours.

This is a heinous act and should be condemned by the society and keep such sadists away from general public. A long jail term should be imposed on such cruel hearted people.
Old 5th January 2010, 07:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu View Post
Interesting to note that nobody has a confirmation if the Techie is actually from Infosys but several posts have already chided Infosys for the same and several others are probably carrying the impression that the techie is probably from Infosys since no other name has popped up.
Communal reinforcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So to even out things, let me add, " I heard that the Techie actually works for TCS or Wipro. Could anybody confirm? " :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
I am a TCSer, I confirm, no person by name Pallabh Chakraborty in TCS.
, now anyone from Wipro ? I'll confirm the same from my company intranet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I hope you don't actually mean it. Just because someone is a maid, doesn't mean she/he cannot enjoy some basic privileges in life.
So it is roti, kapda, makan and mobile is it ?! Damn, the world did not stop when we didn't have them.
Old 5th January 2010, 08:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

It is so sad of the incident of harassment. Being a human one should not go to thil extent. bY the by why should we bring the companies in this matter. It has nothing to do with any concerns. It is purely a brutal individual's act. Such people are everywhere. They should be brought to the books by the neighbors.
Old 5th January 2010, 08:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
bY the by why should we bring the companies in this matter. It has nothing to do with any concerns. It is purely a brutal individual's act. Such people are everywhere.
To bring the awe and shock factor.
Remember Mr. Fritzel of Austria ? Foreign country. Incest for 24- 27 years.
Shocking in an educated country full of human rights awareness and policies.

Remember the Father and tantrik duo of Mumbai last year involved in incest with young daughters ? Shocking. In a city like Mumbai. The dude was a businessman.

Agreed that such people are everywhere. But what shocks us that the category of such people was perceived to be different earlier. Now since more and more garbage is being unearthed we are looking at our civilsed society. Look at @ajmat's post. Trying to cover up using political power.

So as long as you have power and backing one can compromise humanity, justice and accountibility in this world and the next. Thats the impression and impact it is leaving.
More and more youngsters are wanting/earning for money money and money. Job satisfaction, personal life, family life can take a hike. As long as there is power things will work, if not atleast have money to influence power is today's mantra.

Quote:
They should be brought to the books by the neighbors.
Why neighbours ? They should not take law in their hands and maul/lynch them. We live in a civilised society you see. The Police have given them bail already.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't matter which company that pervert belong to, as long as they fire him immediately after confirming the credibility of this news. If that doesn't happen, then we can discuss about the company.

I am pretty sure by this time Infosys (or the company he is working with) must have fired him and removed his name from the address list
Old 5th January 2010, 10:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Can any Infoscion put an end to the suspicion please?
Old 5th January 2010, 10:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ok, Guys aren't we going too off topic about this? Are our motives just about this pervert getting punished? Or is it also that, the poor kid gets justice? Our country needs stronger regulations with least number of loopholes when it comes to dealing with such cases. This is not the first time such incedances are reported and certainly this is not the last time such things are going to happen.

The main reason for this is the devide between the rich and the poor society in india, The rich feels they can do anything with money and our society supports the same.

Tell me one place were money can't bail you out in india? Be it any kind of Crap you get your head stuck in.

Just imagine couple of months back we were shown visuals of 2 girls and their mother being house arrested by their father in mumbai, what happened to them now? no one knows.

There was a similar incedance where an accetress was beaten up by residents of a colony, What happened to that accetress, what happened to the kid.

There are orphanages in tamil nadu especillay near pondichery which are infamous heaven for Pedophiles, all this was unearthed by media in sting operations but what happened to them now? It is time we have stronger regulations, so that examples are set and people should get scared of the mere thought of getting convicted.

Things like this is very uncommon in kerala, why the neighbors are very nosy. My neighbor knows when we buy groceries and how much we buy, she also keeps an eye on everyone who enters and leaves the house, she has a count of all the coconuts that falls from her tree into our compound and no she dosent get paid for this.

My point is its important for educated people like us to empower ourselves and prevent such atrocites in our neighborhood. Every one of us know how to present such a case to the media without getting our hand wet. for the media its just TRP but for the victims its just life reclaimed.

Pramod
Old 5th January 2010, 10:55   #40
BANNED

My maid gets her 14 year old daughter(who goes to school) along with her to help her out in the chores. They come at around 6 in the morning and leave in about 45 mins. Our maid has taken up too many houses in our colony and cannot complete them single handedly so gets her daughter. So the mother washes the vessels and daughter sweeps the rooms. It is very disturbing for me and my wife and we reasoned with our maid that she should stop this. But she does not relent and makes a sad face and says I need the extra houses/money to fund the education of her 2 kids.

The daughter has taken a liking for our 2 year old son and comes home in the evening after school to play with him, she also gets to eat some food at our place and watch TV along with my MIL until her mom comes to pick her up at 1900.

Should I continue this arrangement or put a stop to this? Me and wife are at our wits end trying to make the maid understand. We asked her to stop coming to our place but she started crying. So now we just swallow our helplessness and go to work.
Old 5th January 2010, 11:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
My maid gets her 14 year old daughter(who goes to school) along with her to help her out in the chores. They come at around 6 in the morning and leave in about 45 mins. Our maid has taken up too many houses in our colony and cannot complete them single handedly so gets her daughter. So the mother washes the vessels and daughter sweeps the rooms. It is very disturbing for me and my wife and we reasoned with our maid that she should stop this. But she does not relent and makes a sad face and says I need the extra houses/money to fund the education of her 2 kids.

The daughter has taken a liking for our 2 year old son and comes home in the evening after school to play with him, she also gets to eat some food at our place and watch TV along with my MIL until her mom comes to pick her up at 1900.

Should I continue this arrangement or put a stop to this? Me and wife are at our wits end trying to make the maid understand. We asked her to stop coming to our place but she started crying. So now we just swallow our helplessness and go to work.
The world is a tough place to live, I have some of my close relatives who have to go through similar struggle in their lives when their dad expired and they came to Delhi to make a decent living.

I suggest you should support you maid rather than discouraging her. Trust me most of these maids have a similar past, where there husbands are either diseased/ bedridden/ drunkards or worst have left them for other woman.

Life for this section of society is full of struggles and i am glad that she is still taking the tough route of working and meking their kids study that sending them to some houses to be babysitters or domestic help.

You can play your role in giving the children your old(but not completely useless) stuff. Help them in their education by getting them books. Let the kids watch TV at your home because this might be the only source of TV for them.

Do not put the thought of guilt in this moms head or she will give up and givein, this could prove more dangerous. In my relatives case the their mom was old so she had this constant fear that her daughters might not have anyone if something happened to her. Thats when she made couple of quich and silly decissions where this girl nearly got married to a bus driver who already had a wife and family in bangalore. It was some of our relatives who came to the rescue or else her fate would have been similar to her mom's where in she would spend the rest of her life washing utensils.

Pramod
Old 5th January 2010, 11:15   #42
BHPian

This sad and shocking incident happened in the building where I live. We saw cops that evening, and we were quick to realise that since the entire family was taken, it had to do with domestic violence. Glad that one of his neighbours was the whistleblower.

Yday a group gathered and protested outside the building. Worried that the issue may be getting 'politicised'. Truly wish that the culprits are brought to justice and that the girl has a good future.

I am sure that once proven guilty, his employer will take stern action against him.

Wonder how many more of such cases exist without being discovered in the 'millions' of households across the country?
Old 5th January 2010, 11:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Shocking and callous , Why the case is registered under Section 354 of IPC Outraging modesty , They will get light sentence after many years just like SPS Rathore got after 19 years in Ruchika case
I am not a lawyer but there must be some stricter sections in IPC which should be applied for such perverts so that they do not get bail easily.
Old 5th January 2010, 11:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

One way is to pay for her daughter's school fees and request her to not to bring her daughter for work, but that may still not stop her from taking her daughter to another house or accepting another house.
I am in the same boat, offered to help with the fees but later found out the kid was working in another house.
The maids in the city are pretty smart and know how to take care of themselves it is only those innocent people who have been brought to the cities in the name of better life who get abused.
Old 5th January 2010, 14:05   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I suggest you should support you maid rather than discouraging her. Trust me most of these maids have a similar past, where there husbands are either diseased/ bedridden/ drunkards or worst have left them for other woman.
I dont want to give her any money. I have suggested we will buy the uniform and books for her next year. Also take her tutions on weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harendra View Post
it is only those innocent people who have been brought to the cities in the name of better life who get abused.
Yes that's true. But its a bad feeling to see a kid sweeping the house first thing in the morning.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks