Team-BHP - The best car movies you've seen
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The best car movies you've seen (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/7301-best-car-movies-youve-seen-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowshik (Post 1626634)
I wanted to know if anyone have heard about this movie about Harley Davidsons using during II World war in America "Born rider". Unable to find it on the net too!
let me know if any one knows about this movieplease:

Correct name is Born To Ride. I saw this movie when it was aired on StarMovies?HBO years ago. Its a good flick, liked it. Thanks for reminding me about it, i'm gonna search for this now.

@ suhaas307

Have seen Vanishing point. Bullitt is left. will check it out real soon. Thanks.

1.Gone in 60 Seconds
2.Fast and Furious

another one on the list.. Bullitt..
Thanks suhaas

Quote:

Originally Posted by whacky_rohan (Post 1671392)
@ suhaas307

Have seen Vanishing point. Bullitt is left. will check it out real soon. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whacky_rohan (Post 1675719)
another one on the list.. Bullitt..
Thanks suhaas

Don't even mention it Rohan! I'm glad you liked it! It's a lovely movie with a fantastic chase sequence involving the Mustang and the Charger (If I'm not wrong, actually I don't quite remember! :p)

And I loved the inclusion of the amazing Porsche 356 Speedster towards the end! :)

My favourite car movie is quite aptly, 'Cars'. The movie not only made the car-nut within me happy, but also elated the cinema-lover in me.

The combination of a fantastic story, plus the gradual degradation of an iconic route, some thrilling action and typical slapstick humour. I remember actually crying while watching this movie.

What fascinated me most about this movie were the parallels drawn between our environment and our vehicles eg: Tractor-tipping vis-a-vis cow-tipping.

This film is filled with nuggets of such brilliance. The magic of route 66 to boot. This is not only my favourite car movie, but its my favourite animated movie as well.

2 days back i was seeing a movie on TV where in the VW beetle races in NASCAR division.it was a nice movie. I don't remember the name of the movie

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishir_bn (Post 1676201)
2 days back i was seeing a movie on TV where in the VW beetle races in NASCAR division.it was a nice movie. I don't remember the name of the movie

i think it is a herbie series.. Love bug may be not sure..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore (Post 1676350)
i think it is a herbie series.. Love bug may be not sure..

thanks Mr.Bangalore. ya it is herbie series.

Has anyone seen this movie "THE CAR" from 1977. Had seen it as a kid. It was about a black killer car which went around killing people. The car used was a modded Lincoln Continental. I happened to find a DVD after all these years at a Planet M sale and picked it up.

Did anyone mention Ronin? Robert de Niro chasing the beemer in the beautiful Peugeot 406 is one of the most authentic car chase sequences I have seen till date. Probably I'm a bit biased on the 406, probably some people scoff at the idea of a Peugeot chasing a BMW, but it's a very capable car indeed. I was mighty impressed with one (a cab) that I had flagged down in UK once. The ride was plush, and the way it was accelerating (and the cabbie was not driving rash) was akin to a flight about to take off.

Plenty of good car movies. Its hard to say which is the best given the criteria. I will probably vote for Dukes of Hazzard and Gone in 60 Seconds. Also there is this movie called 'Driven' which is the closest movie based on F1 ever.

Gone in 60 Seconds was one hell of a car movie. i loved every car featured in that movie especially the shelby gt500 mustang

my personal fav is the "Gran Turismo", awesome pairing of man and the machine. Clint Eastwood and his prized Gran Turismo.
This aprt from all the other movies honorably mentioned numerous times in the post.

The movie is not so much about revving than the bond between them. And am a sucker for Eastwood's movies:D

hmm, cars you say. let me see i remember them right:

Mad Max
Knight Rider (TV series - old one)
The Cannonball Run
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974/2000)
Cars
Dukes of Hazard
Cobra
Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast and the Furious - Tokyo Drift
Transporter 1/2/3
Ronin
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Goldfinger (007 with his Aston Martin DB5)
The Italian Job
Death Race 2000
Death Race (2008)

i've seen only these many car movies :D