Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2005, 23:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Saw strange accident today.

On my way to college, I saw a really strange accident on Sinhagad Road. There are newly constructed dividers, which are about waist high and two of them are placed about 3 ft apart. The strange thing is, there was a Scorpio resting on its side in between the two dividers!! I dont know how that thing managed to climb over something that high, which is near vertical. That too it was perfectly balanced between the 2 dividers, on its side. It was lying in parallel to the road, so no mishaps while crossing too. BTW, the body had minimal damage and apparently the occupants had opened to the doors to get out. (They were still open). Only the front glass was shattered. Anyone else saw this accident?
Old 31st August 2005, 12:52   #2
BHPian

Its in the newspaper today...with photos
apparently a tyre burst and the Scorpio was toppled :s

I almost had a small accident last nite near chandani chowk
an arse was crossing the road with his BACK to the road !!! and his bicycle....
I honked/flashed lights and finally had to screeech to a halt

Pune traffic is getting on my nerves....so I avoid driving my car
Old 31st August 2005, 23:54   #3
BHPian

i saw the same thing today morning - that scorpio looked like it had tried to jump over the dividers - could not take any snaps cecause of the traffic and it was moved out by afternoon - guess it was driven to the workshop - so i guess there were no damages other than some denting and windshield.

@ sajo - you in sinhgad college ?? - which branch ??
i am doing BE civil there
Old 1st September 2005, 00:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
Pune traffic is getting on my nerves....so I avoid driving my car
I can perfectly understand how you are feeling. I hate to drive in the city and prefer to take long route outside city to my office. Even then such stupid creatures, as you mentioned, somehow manage to get right in front of your car. In city, it is even worse, pathetic, disgusting (I ran out of expletives).

Ever been at Nal Stop signal, coming from Law college road? People merrily drive cars/buses/SUVs on both sides of the divider and then try to take a 90 turn as if they are driving a bike. There are at least 2-3 cops (sometimes along with their officer) watching/ignoring this mess. It just gets on my nerves.

And then there are stupid bikers cutting lanes after overtaking from wrong side, as if they have just beaten "Doctor" Rossy. I wish, I can get back to my RX135 and give them dose of their own medicine, but rain gods are not favouring me.
Old 1st September 2005, 11:36   #5
BHPian

I know RX ...its hideous !!
I generally come from kothrud side to Nal-stop (have to stop for 3/4 times for the red light lol)...but I know the Law College side is worst...

I have to traverse the worse part of the city (welll not the Peths luckily ) to get to work, hence bike it is.....car is for w/nds and trips outside only

RX135 we should meet....we will prolly end up venting our anger against the bad driving in our "dear" city lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks