Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 09:26   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Let me try a guess work translation:-

1. A final decision has been taken.
2. The decision is fully / partly allowing the complaint (else, it would have been "rejected / dismissed", etc.)
3. You and the bank have been informed of the final outcome (probably b ordinary post).
i didnt recieved any email after that automated mail by rbi. secondly no postal mail till date from them, so i am really confused what to do? as i send two mails yesterday also asking the real mean of this, but till now no success!
Old 25th June 2010, 15:33   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
i didnt recieved any email after that automated mail by rbi. secondly no postal mail till date from them, so i am really confused what to do? as i send two mails yesterday also asking the real mean of this, but till now no success!

Ask them for a copy of the order / date of despatch, pointing out that you have not received a copy.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:19   #78
BHPian

Note to the Mod: Please change the topic to " Fraud Transfer of money from my salar A/c of PNB fought and got succeed!"

Hi all,
the decision of banking ombudsman has came to me in hard copy and Voila! i won the case and banking ombudsman asked the bank to give my money back i.e. 36,000 RS.
But i still have some questions--
1) The Award/decision taken by BO is like this " The Punjab National Bank is directed to make payment of the fraudulent internet transaction of Rs. 36,000/- to the complainant. Keeping in view all the facts and sequence of events, the bank was advised to make the payment to the complainant after taking suitable indemnity bond signed by him. My question is what is this indemnity bond?
2) Secondly when i filed the case to banking ombudsman, i asked for the compensation of Rs 5,000 as there was provision in the form itself, which is not mentioned. so what i can do in that situation?
3) As this was an error of bank, dont they should give me 18 percent interest on my main amount as it is a normal procedure, which is again not stated in the BO letter. What can i do in this case?
I need valuable options from you guys before i go for claim my money as BO stated in letter, i have one month time starting from 23rd June,10
Old 28th June 2010, 14:51   #79
BANNED

1. Indemnity Bond: Letter (on a stamp paper) from you promising to pay the money back if ever it is found.

2. Obviously no award of damages and interest.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:16   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
1. Indemnity Bond: Letter (on a stamp paper) from you promising to pay the money back if ever it is found.

2. Obviously no award of damages and interest.
And what about the interest part which is a general guideline for every bank to give if the bank error is found?
It means after claiming my money i can go to consumer court for mental harrassement and expenses which have been incurred by me to fight this case from last 6 months!
Old 29th June 2010, 19:04   #81
BHPian

Any valuable inputs from the members please! as i have to reply and give my consent over the judgement to the bank in few days time!
Old 29th June 2010, 19:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

First of all congratulations. You had the patience and the will to do which every one does not have. Not all people who have lost their money in fraudulent transactions have received their money back. So, you are lucky!

You are very right in demanding the interest, the expenses for the case and compensation for mental harassment. If you go ahead with the case there is a fair amount possibility of you winning the case. Justice may be delayed but not denied. But my personnel advice dont loose your mental peace and be happy that your original amount is back with you. You are not likely to get a very big amount on all these accounts. But if you like to fight for the consumer rights and have time, you must go ahead.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:34   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
First of all congratulations. You had the patience and the will to do which every one does not have. Not all people who have lost their money in fraudulent transactions have received their money back. So, you are lucky!

You are very right in demanding the interest, the expenses for the case and compensation for mental harassment. If you go ahead with the case there is a fair amount possibility of you winning the case. Justice may be delayed but not denied. But my personnel advice dont loose your mental peace and be happy that your original amount is back with you. You are not likely to get a very big amount on all these accounts. But if you like to fight for the consumer rights and have time, you must go ahead.
Thanks mate for your kind words and motivational line, i just want to know whether i can again approach banking ombudsman for the interest and compensation or better thing is to take my original amount from bank and than approach to consumer court? and if you are following my thread than what compensation amount with interest i can demand for which is justified!

Last edited by ddriver : 29th June 2010 at 20:36.
Old 29th June 2010, 21:04   #84
Senior - BHPian

To tell you the truth I am not expert on this issue. It was a common man's advice. My advice is to pocket your original amount first and then (only if you want if badly) approach the consumer court. You may like to take advice from some lawyer as to the amount of compensation expected, likely time to resolve the case and finally and most importantly if all this is really worth it!!!

Last edited by TaureanBull : 29th June 2010 at 21:05.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:38   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
To tell you the truth I am not expert on this issue. It was a common man's advice. My advice is to pocket your original amount first and then (only if you want if badly) approach the consumer court. You may like to take advice from some lawyer as to the amount of compensation expected, likely time to resolve the case and finally and most importantly if all this is really worth it!!!
Sorry to bother again, but the BO decision suggest that i have to sign indemnity bond before claiming my money back which means as suggested by fellow bhpian "Letter (on a stamp paper) from you promising to pay the money back if ever it is found."
My question is can bank pressurise me to sign an indemnity bond stating that i cannot claim for interest and other compensation charges from consumer court or any other law institution before handing over me the money?
Old 30th June 2010, 00:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Sorry to bother again, but the BO decision suggest that i have to sign indemnity bond before claiming my money back which means as suggested by fellow bhpian "Letter (on a stamp paper) from you promising to pay the money back if ever it is found."
My question is can bank pressurise me to sign an indemnity bond stating that i cannot claim for interest and other compensation charges from consumer court or any other law institution before handing over me the money?
IMHO they can not. But why dont you go to bank and read the contents of the indemnity bond and clarify what all does it contain?
Old 30th June 2010, 11:21   #87
BHPian

today i went for claiming my original amount to the bank and got surprised by the reaction of the bank manager, he looks so pressurised and frustated and told me that i did wrong by approaching the banking ombudsman and said that bank will go in appeal to the deputy governor of RBI(appelate authority) and said that bank will spend any amount to win this case , otherwise bank has to give away the amount to other peoples too who have lost money in hacking or online transaction.

I took a recieving copy from him duly signed by him and asked him to confirm me whether bank is giving me money or going for appeal, for which he replied that he will sent the copy to circle head and they will take decision. I feel so pity that this is the response of the bank towards the customer, it feels pathetic to have an account in such banks but what to do as i have my salary account.

Now if bank go for appeal, will they give me my money as temporary relief or will be held back till the decision comes from the appelate authority and will the bank confirms me as to what action they are going to take? i hope the appelate authority rejects the case as the BO stated in his verdict that there was security lapse from the bank side.

Now i guess i can remember one quote --
"Woods are lovely dark and deep but I have promises to keep, Miles to go before I sleep, miles to go before I sleep"

Last edited by ddriver : 30th June 2010 at 11:25.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:09   #88
Senior - BHPian

I dont think PNB will go in for an appeal to the deputy governor of RBI for a sum of 36k, that too a salary account.

Betw- Did you involve your company finance guys to intervene and speak to the bank manager.? Since your company is giving considerable amount of business to PNB, they would probably be in a better position to talk to the manager and sort things out.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 30th June 2010 at 12:09. Reason: Comments
Old 30th June 2010, 14:15   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I dont think PNB will go in for an appeal to the deputy governor of RBI for a sum of 36k, that too a salary account.

Betw- Did you involve your company finance guys to intervene and speak to the bank manager.? Since your company is giving considerable amount of business to PNB, they would probably be in a better position to talk to the manager and sort things out.
Thats the worst part as my boss never took my case seriously and never pressurise the bank to look into my case and threatening them to change their current account into another bank, after all what is called a typical government attitude.
Secondly if my branch manager is saying this, than i guess they will definitely go for appeal as they are not seeing only 36,000 but a commitement to other people'd hacked money which they have to give in same line as of mine. and also as i was asking the branch manager that if i get my original money than what about interest part, he quickly replied that this is what the bank does not want to give and would prefer to go for appeal, STRANGE!
Old 30th June 2010, 15:34   #90
BANNED

The bank is (ought to be) thwacked for not divulging details of the account to which the fraud is made. From the details given by you even before the ombudsman, no attempt to trace the owner of the transferee account has been made.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks