Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:06   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amazon.com - Anyone ordered anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Any idea how to get these, or whats the logic in not allowing these items to be shipped to India?
Use this linky, and what is shown under International Shipping are the only products which you can get them to deliver at your door.
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:59   #137
BHPian

What a joke to me!! I have received my first shipment, which was officially lost in transit and I have got the refund for that, with my second shipment. On same day with that courier only.
Now I have contacted to Amazon.com about that and they have given me the authorisation to sent it back with any economical courier. Now the problem is only DHL is handling the courier contaning the watch and that is without the battery in it!!
So I am in big trouble now, pls help me out in this case!!
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:40   #138
Senior - BHPian

You got the refund as well as the order? So what are you worrying about! It's buy one get one free

Seriously, it should not be your headache to send the mistakenly twice sent item. If the company cares about the revenue, let them arrange a reverse pickup.
Old 14th June 2012, 11:30   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Use this linky, and what is shown under International Shipping are the only products which you can get them to deliver at your door.
I have also seen the link wherein it says Amazon ships only books and CD's, DVDs to India. But many memebers here have bought all kinds of stuffs from Amazon. So, what is the trick? Or everyone is shipping the items to local US addresses and getting them through visiting friends? But people have received watches and electronics through courier as well. So, how to go about this? I've ordered things from ebay international sites but not from Amazon till now.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 14th June 2012 at 11:31.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:17   #140
Senior - BHPian

It looks like all the websites which were avoiding Customs duty sending as gifts, 20north.com , shopyourworld.com has stopped selling. I think Customs department has taken action on them. Only ebayworld junglee which used to charge customs compulsorily is working.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:35   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
I have also seen the link wherein it says Amazon ships only books and CD's, DVDs to India. But many memebers here have bought all kinds of stuffs from Amazon. So, what is the trick? Or everyone is shipping the items to local US addresses and getting them through visiting friends? But people have received watches and electronics through courier as well. So, how to go about this? I've ordered things from ebay international sites but not from Amazon till now.
From what I have known on Audio Forums, amazon.de ships globally and I know of a few people who have gotten AVR's and speakers shipped to their doorstep. During check out itself the prices including customs are displayed , thereby saving you the headache of dealing with customs.

Follow this thread from an Indian Audio forum.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 14th June 2012 at 12:37.
Old 15th June 2012, 04:30   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4

But people have received watches and electronics through courier as well. So, how to go about this? I've ordered things from ebay international sites but not from Amazon till now.
There is a site called borderlinx which gives you a free US address. You can ship all the items from online shopping in the US sites to the adress given by borderlinx. Then they will package it all together and charge you shipping for the entire package which works out quite cheaper than shipping individual items. So one can avail free ship within USA offers from amazon and have borderlinx pack and ship it to India. In case of customs the postman will charge you a fee and youl get a receipt too.
Few bhpians have used it. Check the Skoda parts thread.
I havent ordered yet on borderlinx. So no first hand experience other than what i read on tbhp.
Regards
Old 13th July 2012, 19:29   #143
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone bought detailing items from amazon and had it shipped to an Indian address ?

I'm looking to order many things i'll require for detailing my black car like MF,clay kit,detailer solution etc from Amazon only if it results in significant savings compared to buying from BB impex or 3M stores.

Also, will the package be delivered home or one has to collect it from the post/customs office after paying applicable customs ?
Old 14th July 2012, 01:31   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Has anyone bought detailing items from amazon and had it shipped to an Indian address ?

I'm looking to order many things i'll require for detailing my black car like MF,clay kit,detailer solution etc from Amazon only if it results in significant savings compared to buying from BB impex or 3M stores.

Also, will the package be delivered home or one has to collect it from the post/customs office after paying applicable customs ?

I have ordered other items but not detailing items. It gets promptly delivered at your door step. Customs cleared and with complete invoice.
Old 14th July 2012, 16:24   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
I have ordered other items but not detailing items. It gets promptly delivered at your door step. Customs cleared and with complete invoice.
Thanks!Good to hear they deliver at doorstep and take care of the customs.

Will go ahead and place my order then.
Old 1st December 2012, 09:49   #146
BHPian

I intend to buy a flat styled (height 2 inch) blue beacon from amazon.com for a friend who wants it for his DJ purpose. The total cost including shipping and import duties is coming to $36. I would like to know the following.

1. I am shipping it to Jamshedpur, so if Amazon confirms the order, will it charge any extra clearance charges other than the ones included in the original cost? Will i have to pay the courier something?

2. Since the product is a beacon, will there be any problems at customs or the product not being cleared?
Old 6th December 2012, 14:50   #147
BHPian

I finally took the plunge and ordered some camping equipment from Amazon. largish order and I opted for expedited shipping and the delivery time given to me is between the 12th and 19th of December. I also opted to pay for the customs duties up front to Amazon.

Shipping is being done via Aramex and right now the package is due to arrive at Dhahran, SA on the 14th. I'm wondering how it is going to make it to me by the 19th. I spoke to a CSA at Amazon and they assured me that the shipping fees would be refunded if it arrived later than the 19th, which is good. Additionally, if the order does not reach me, they will refund the entire amount, including shipping, customs, et all, back to my card.

Reasonable policies and decent customer service. I just hope the package comes in-on time or otherwise.

Any advice about receiving up the shipment in terms of going to the post office, following up with Aramex/Amazon etc..
Old 20th December 2012, 13:03   #148
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need to shop at Best Buy
can I use my Intl HDFC credit card to make a online purchase at best buy & get the item shipped to an US Address?

this question arises because while i am trying to add cc details in my best buy account, country says only USA, no option for me to select India.
Old 20th December 2012, 13:12   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
There is a site called borderlinx which gives you a free US address. You can ship all the items from online shopping in the US sites to the adress given by borderlinx. Then they will package it all together and charge you shipping for the entire package which works out quite cheaper than shipping individual items. So one can avail free ship within USA offers from amazon and have borderlinx pack and ship it to India. In case of customs the postman will charge you a fee and youl get a receipt too.
Few bhpians have used it. Check the Skoda parts thread.
I havent ordered yet on borderlinx. So no first hand experience other than what i read on tbhp.
Regards
A good alternate to borderlinx is HopShopGo. However, you do need to be a Paypal customer. Reliability of Paypal is pretty solid so you can trust the service they're promoting. Also, you get your first Kg worth of goods shipped free AND you receive a 10% off on your international shipping fees!
Old 20th December 2012, 13:13   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Amazon.com will not ship detailing items to India. Neither will Amazon UK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks