Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 16:59   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
SONY DVD Player - Home Theater with 4 column speakers. Surprised?
When I was buying this Home theater with 4 column stand alone speakers + 1 center speaker and a sub-woofer, the dealer guy told me that there is a nagging problem with this player, i.e., it will not play the DVD/VCD if it is not of good quality.
I said to myself, 'I will not anyway use spurious CD's and so its ok.'
The Sony DVD players are the most sensitive of the lot (read not suitable to Indian media conditions)
Old 13th January 2010, 17:05   #92
Senior - BHPian

I bought a set of the replica Sparco seats long back. They were great to look at.. and thats about it. Also had to go though a lot (not me, but the mech ) to fix them properly. And whats worse is, the recliner broke one day while i was driving and the seat went completely flat (reclined). Luckily nothing happened, but it could had been bad. Then had to weld the reclining thing in a fixed position which is fine when i drive the car. But if someone else wants to drive, there is no way of adjusting the seat. Also know a few other people who crashed their cars due to the recliner thing breaking off all of a sudden.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:09   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
Whatever dude, all i am saying is if you would have researched before buying, you might not have regretted it.

But be happy with your decision, its your money, spending it only stimulated the economy.

Cheers
Dude,

What on earth makes you assume that I didn't conduct enough research?
I researched for an entire month shortlisted 3 phones and finally went for the I-phone 3G. If research was the final solution then this world would be a consumer's utopia and this thread would never have been created. Do you think that all the people on this thread comnplaining about products are just impulsive buyers who spend hard earned money mindlessly on a whim? Did you not conduct research about the products that you were complaining about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
But be happy with your decision, its your money, spending it only stimulated the economy.
Unfortunately I'm not happy with my decision and hence am posting in this thread! Well I hope that at least the economy had a nice big orgasm with all the stimulation that I provided!

Last edited by Wolfheart : 13th January 2010 at 17:19.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:44   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Have you ever bought a car and regretted it. May be the car was a dog, may be not, it just did not suit you!

My only regret was buying a Tata Sierra. It served well for my honeymoon ad first year after marriage. After that, it started giving horrendous problems like pumping out 20+ volts instead of 12 volts. Bits falling off etc. Last straw was the steering linkage falling off on the way to a funeral. It could have been mine!

Luckily, I sold it off before better things came into the market

So far, no other regrets, touch wood!

What have been your misfortunes

Maybe the previous owner hadn't maintained it well. For me, I'd maintained for about 3 years and I still have fond memories even after 6 years.

Had to sell only becuase of family pressure because of the lack of rear doors. In those days, it was an ideal get away vehicle for a couple of lac rupees. But now, with the new age and light weight engines, it may look lousy.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
2) A Vodafone Prepaid connection (TN) which doesnt even support conferencing/Pick a second call

and many more to come.
Are you sure there is no call conference, I was having one Vodafone one, which had this feature dont know why they stopped it now. Did you call up the call center and ask.

But note the point that when international calling is enabled they do not allow call conference, this is the requirement of the DoT. Guess that should be the case.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:49   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Dude,

What on earth makes you assume that I didn't conduct enough research?
I researched for an entire month shortlisted 3 phones and finally went for the I-phone 3G. If research was the final solution then this world would be a consumer's utopia and this thread would never have been created. Do you think that all the people on this thread comnplaining about products are just impulsive buyers who spend hard earned money mindlessly on a whim? Did you not conduct research about the products that you were complaining about?
Well the issues you put forward were Sharing over Bluetooth, Video Recording and Flash for camera. I for one cannot believe that you researched for entire month and were not able to know about these issues.

Yes i regret buying Lenovo R61 and Logitech X530. I have been using Thinkpads for few yrs, T41, R51 and R61 has been fantastic so far. Only issue was the fan design, Lenovo used open case design which means the moment there is enough dust inside the fan, it makes noises like a helicopter about to take off. Which means it needs to be cleaned regularly. I believe this issue was resovled later on.

And when i bought Logitech X530, it was just launched and there were not many reviews available. I believe i have got the value out of the speakers and its a bonus that these are still going. Only issue was chatching AM channels early morning, simple solution keep the speakers switched of when not in use.

Thanks
Old 13th January 2010, 17:55   #97
Senior - BHPian

can we please have the 'iphone vs the rest' talk in another thread guys? this looks more of a battle of egos. Let's leave it be!
Old 13th January 2010, 18:02   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Are you sure there is no call conference, I was having one Vodafone one, which had this feature dont know why they stopped it now. Did you call up the call center and ask.

But note the point that when international calling is enabled they do not allow call conference, this is the requirement of the DoT. Guess that should be the case.
Yup. Called up the Customer Care innumerable times and this is what they got to say. "Temporarily we have disabled Conference calling and Call hold to prevent network congestion. We have not yet been intimated about it from our management. That's it for now."

Why run a telecom firm while you cant even provide bare basic facilities? And that too for a brand name its supposed to possess!

P.S : I see that you are from Chennai, and i assume that you know that Chennai and the rest of Tamil Nadu are two different circles for Mobile Service providers. Conferencing is disabled only for the TN circle.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Regret buying Kinetic SYM Flyte in Dec '07.
The mileage is nothing good to write home about (compared to Activa), as is the fuel tank capacity. Add to that, kinetic shut shop.
Wished i had bought a Honda Aviator.

MPower :- I think Mahindra is providing parts, sales and support for the Flyte.[/quote]

Yes!!! Mahindra is supporting as well as selling the same Vehicle with Just a change of name. And for your information except for Milaege, this vehicle is better than Activa in many depts.

NOTE:- Kinetic had nothing to do with SYM Flyte - They were just selling and servicing. SYM was utilising the infrastructure of Kinetic. Flyte is a complete product of SYM and they've used some local vendors of Kinetic. The same thing is continued now. And Mahindra has dumped Kinetic Engines and is using the same SYM engine in 3 scooters now.

Last edited by jaaz : 13th January 2010 at 18:05.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:12   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
can we please have the 'iphone vs the rest' talk in another thread guys? this looks more of a battle of egos. Let's leave it be!
Gotta agree with you Frank, this is very ridiculous! I have already made my point several times and I rest my case.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:13   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

P.S : I see that you are from Chennai, and i assume that you know that Chennai and the rest of Tamil Nadu are two different circles for Mobile Service providers. Conferencing is disabled only for the TN circle.
OT : I dont think so. Airtel Chennai mobile works in the rest of TN without roaming charges. AFAIK,it has been merged as one circle.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:24   #102
BHPian

No Skodas have been mentioned in this topic, amazing
Old 13th January 2010, 18:40   #103
BHPian

I was wondering about the same. However they're so notorious that there are exclusive threads dedicated to Skodas.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:07   #104

Another thing that I regret buying is my Treadmill, which after a couple of weeks came to use as a "very expensive cloth hanger" for no fault of the machine. I am sure that many of you would have the same story.

Sold it a couple of months back
Old 13th January 2010, 22:18   #105
Senior - BHPian

LG cookie. It was a nice phone on the face of it with 3mp camera , widgets , touch screen etc but the moment i started using it was when i realised that this was the worst buy. The phone works so slow that you have to literally focus on the screen all the time to ensure that the screen has actioned what you touched.

Writing an SMS is a pain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks