Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 14:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

American HDForum's opinions on the Tri-Color Harley shown at Auto Expo

Classic case of a few Americans pissed off with everything thats Indian....

Harley Davidson Special Edition Fat Boy Unveiled in Auto Expo India 2010 - Harley Davidson Forums

What is sad is the fact that our Indian tricolor is being made fun of with words like heinous used to describe the colors that we all love so dearly. But then again, we can't argue much with the freedom of expression that we worship. Then, some American forumers come along and try to change the political tone that this discussion is soon taking.

What cannot be denied is the fact that the average American on the street still feels that India and Indians are a threat to their jobs. This unrest just below the surface is for real and this is happening.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2010 at 17:29. Reason: Changing title - though posting your original title as the first line of your post :)
Old 11th January 2010, 14:28   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
What cannot be denied is the fact that the average American on the street still feels that India and Indians are a threat to their jobs. This unrest just below the surface is for real and this is happening.
Ofcourse mine personal opinion, but probably you are over reacting. Personally I also didn't like those colors. hd means black by all imagination, ofcourse mine opinion.

+LT
Old 11th January 2010, 14:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Conversely, there would be many Indians who would feel the same way about the Americans.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:49   #4
BHPian

I didnt like the design as well.

Have you guys played Trackmania Nations? Players had the option of selecting their country's theme for their car. The Indian flag design was killer in that. Cant find a screen shot of it to show you guys though.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:34   #5
Team-BHP Support

Well i'm not too tickled by the design or colors myself.

It was more a gesture / conversation peice of HD being in India than some "custom painted bike tailored to the Indian aesthetic".

As for the forum comments -- thats what most forums are like! (!Reality check!)

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2010 at 17:35.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:50   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxtechie View Post
Ofcourse mine personal opinion, but probably you are over reacting. Personally I also didn't like those colors. hd means black by all imagination, ofcourse mine opinion.
+1 to that. Lets keep this in perspective. They are not commenting on our Flag, just commenting on how the bike looks painted in our Tricolours.

And you what? I don't like the paint scheme on that HD. I'd still prefer it in black.

A nice gesture by HD for Indian buyers, but I doubt if anyone will buy an HD with those colours.

Last edited by gomzi : 11th January 2010 at 17:51.
Old 11th January 2010, 18:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

+1, i too found the paintjob ghastly. Just because its in our national colours does not mean it looks beautiful , or even patriotic!
Old 11th January 2010, 18:53   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Classic case of a few Americans pissed off with everything thats Indian
To be honest, you are over-reacting. I just had a quick look through all the posts, and there is nothing to indicate that their forums "are pissed off with everything Indian". They don't like the colour combination, some of our own BHPians don't either. What's the big deal?

A classic post from that forum:

Quote:
think they'd be interested in a slightly used president????
Old 11th January 2010, 23:46   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Classic case of a few Americans pissed off with everything thats Indian....

Harley Davidson Special Edition Fat Boy Unveiled in Auto Expo India 2010 - Harley Davidson Forums

What is sad is the fact that our Indian tricolor is being made fun of with words like heinous used to describe the colors that we all love so dearly. But then again, we can't argue much with the freedom of expression that we worship. Then, some American forumers come along and try to change the political tone that this discussion is soon taking.

Cheers,

Jay

If you bothered to read through the 4 page thread they were making fun of the paint scheme, not the indian flag specifically. Jeez, some people go ballistic as soon as SOMETHING even remotely bashing India is mentioned somewhere. Besides, if you read this response:

"I think your the one who is lacking sanity. We are not bashing the Indians! We are simply expressing our distaste for the bike paint scheme. The gentleman who spoke of call centers for american companies in India put it best. One of the reasons patriotic Americans are so upset, is the fact that our money and lack of labor is going to support other countries such as INDIA. Let them have their paint scheme! Hooray for them. Who cares. We need to be worrying about AMERICA dude!! I think the paint scheme is horrid!! It just my OPINION.... If you want to get political, go to the political forum."

You would see that they dont like like the colors and frankly its too over the top for me as well. If they had kept it to the tank thats fine and it would have looked alright. But back to the point you raised; i think if a bunch of Americans or Chinese people came into India and threatened to take away your job i think you'd be pretty peeved too.
Old 12th January 2010, 02:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Funny stuff.

The Australian Consulate in Delhi has a board saying 'Multiculturalism, Australian style'. Ironic?

@The president joke...

LMAO!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks