Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 15:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well sania has been pretty consistent. Usually getting out in the 1st or 2nd rounds of each contest. Can anyone maintain that record???

Underrated is any person in motorsports. Give some amount of encouragement we really can get out good racers in our country.
Narain is one person who comes to my mind. Well whatever people call him but he was the first to break through the F1 scene from here.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:19   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
100% correct that Sachin, Sania and Saurav Ganguly are hugely over-rated. Perhaps it is time for them to shut shop and go home instead of taking up space required for better, more promising youngsters who need a chance!
Let me understand this correctly. I can see how if Sachin/Saurav step down, others can take their place. But if Sania retires, how will some other Indian take her place? Sachin/Saurav are picked by BCCI due to pressure from state boards, but who is picking Sania? She is the top most female tennis player from India in the global ranking. How exactly are we going to swap her with the next deserving candidate? She earned her current ranking, it was not handed to her by some political influence. I can't understand how she is equated with Sachin/Saurav. Sania competes as an individual, she ain't unfairly picked over other deserving candidates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Why should GOLF not be counted as a Sport? It IS most certainly a Sport.

The others, like Billiards, Carrom, Chess, Bridge etc are games but are broadly classified under the category of "sports"
Golf is a sport while Billiards isn't? Sorry, an activity where people swing a stick once in 5-10 minutes, walk around leisurely or even drive a golf-cart to the next hole while somebody else doing all the carrying, it is just a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Well sania has been pretty consistent. Usually getting out in the 1st or 2nd rounds of each contest. Can anyone maintain that record???
Yes, lots of them. That is exactly what happens to players ranked between 10-100. Only people in the top ten consistently win tournament.

Most Viewed