Team-BHP - Campa Cola still available?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Campa Cola still available? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/74070-campa-cola-still-available-6.html)

I was a kid who enjoyed Knight rider show on DD with thumbs up / pepsi , I don't like taste of coke and even limca. To me limca taste like detergent. Sprite, don't know how people drink it, after few sip its a torture.
Old memories of campa cola are almost erased, I don't remember its taste much now but it was my fav. and tasted better than Pepsi as far as I remember. Gold spot was slightly bitter and I didn't enjoyed it much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk13 (Post 2097024)
Campa is still there but with different owners and limited availability. In this thread, there is a link posted which talks of new owners, Satya Beverages and where it is available in Delhi.

just went through the entire thread again. very glad it's still available in delhi itself. makes life easier. now hopefully it's still available if i ever get myself there again.

is it available in those small glass bottles like it was at one time? i can ask my parents to bring a few bottles back with them from their visit next month. now that would be a treat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2098333)

Yaara Dildara! Ab waisey log kahaan.

my thoughts exactly. that and i wish i knew the guy. hahha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasy (Post 2099016)
is it available in those small glass bottles like it was at one time? i can ask my parents to bring a few bottles back with them from their visit next month. now that would be a treat!

my thoughts exactly. that and i wish i knew the guy. hahha.

I have seen 2 litre plastic bottles of it but not the small glass bottles. That was in northern Haryana in 2006. Sadly did not see any on my trip last year, which was dissapointing considering the new factory is only an hour or so away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2098638)
Be careful though as when you mix the salt with Limca or vice versa a copious amount of fizz is generated so add slowly and enjoy leisurely.

In Hyderabad there are a couple of places where they serve "Masala Thumbs-up" wherein they open the bottle and pour some special masala into it and that makes the beverage fizz out and you need to seal it with you mouth to stop it from flowing it:)

One of the most tastiest and refreshing beverage to be had on a hot afternoon or after a heavy meal in night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2099552)
In Hyderabad there are a couple of places where they serve "Masala Thumbs-up" :)

One of the most tastiest and refreshing beverage to be had on a hot afternoon or after a heavy meal in night.

I will definitely give it a shot when I am in HYD next. You hit the bull's eye with your last sentence mobike008, now I have to go and get myself a thums up from the chiller :p

I read the entire thread today and thanks to Bigman :thumbs up the shack in CP is on my radar for sure. Will post once I have had a taste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2098596)

P.S: I satiate my wish for Limca in office ( which is another place stock is always kept of 300ml bottles) as its freely available along with other popular sodas.

clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2098638)
Try Limca with a pinch of salt. It cuts through the sugary taste and what you have is a very nice, clean tasting thirst quencher, the sticky after taste is completely eliminated. Be careful though as when you mix the salt with Limca or vice versa a copious amount of fizz is generated so add slowly and enjoy leisurely.

Kala Namak Effect!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasy (Post 2099016)
just went through the entire thread again. very glad it's still available in delhi itself. makes life easier. now hopefully it's still available if i ever get myself there again.

I remember seeing 2L Plastic Bottles long back.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2099552)
In Hyderabad there are a couple of places where they serve "Masala Thumbs-up" wherein they open the bottle and pour some special masala into it and that makes the beverage fizz out and you need to seal it with you mouth to stop it from flowing it:)

We got Masala Pepsi here, they replace Banta (Marble/ Kanche wali bottle) with Pepsi.

@tsk13

Na..na, plane table salt. Kala namak to Shikwanji ke liye reserved hai. Kaale ki bhi kuch izzat hai yaar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2099632)
@tsk13

Na..na, plane table salt. Kala namak to Shikwanji ke liye reserved hai. Kaale ki bhi kuch izzat hai yaar.

Oh! I primarily see Kala Namak being used in Limca, Bunta etc. Seems next Delhi meat will be based on aerated drinks especially Masala ones. clap:

Campa Cola is now available in select markets. I bought two 2 litre pet bottles a few days back. The taste is good and very much like the old "Campa"

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazayal (Post 4640586)
Campa Cola is now available in select markets. I bought two 2 litre pet bottles a few days back. The taste is good and very much like the old "Campa"

I am not aware of other supermarkets, but it is available at Reliance Fresh/Smart. I wish Gold Spot comes back some day!

The Campa Cola range, as in Reliance Fresh.

Campa Cola still available?-img_20200128_193053.jpg

Good to see the campa back. 90s Kids can surely relate to it. Some more info below.

https://www.timesnownews.com/busines...a-india/420656

It would be great if Gold Spot is also back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 4643155)
I am not aware of other supermarkets, but it is available at Reliance Fresh/Smart. I wish Gold Spot comes back some day!

Is this available in Navi Mumbai and Dombivli too?

I don't remember the taste but still, remember their factory in Delhi, near Shankar market. Wonder if it is it still produced there?

Its raining brand revivals and soft drinks are no exception.

RELIANCE BRINGS BACK CAMPA COLA

https://food.ndtv.com/news/remember-...diwali-3309264