Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one do you choose?
Miley Sur Mera Tumhara (Old Doordarshan Classic) 85 98.84%
Miley Sur Mera Tumhara (2010 version) 2 2.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 12:38   #31
BHPian

I saw the complete edition on Zoom and felt like kicking the producers and director left and right. For the theme has been altered with only commercial interests and when did actors become saviours of India!

I was dismayed with the cinema styled theme, disrespecting the original and the people (who serve the country) not included in it. On the contrary, I found little solace that the righteous people were not included thus evading acting bollywood ishtyle.

What a waste!
Old 27th January 2010, 12:45   #32
BHPian

the classics is an awesome video which reflects the true essence of india and its culture.

The new ones just another Bollywood brand recognition campaign, the worst was shahid in his so called "Rock Star" image and deepika in short skirt
Old 27th January 2010, 12:51   #33
BHPian

Old one, anytime! The new one doesn't sound interesting, and most of the time brain compares it to the good old one!
Old 27th January 2010, 14:04   #34
BHPian

Old one anytime because, this new version is purely for commercial reasons and to make money for the producers and sponsors. Old one had genuine achievers of that time and it had a patriotic feeling about the whole video.
Old 27th January 2010, 15:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

One BADLY done video, a very BAD one indeed!

They have tried to add to many things, resulting in a very bad out put....loose motion

Am sure wont watch this video again!
Old 27th January 2010, 15:31   #36
BHPian

obviously in comparison with the classic the new one would be pale.

but even when considered as a solo video i felt that it is not shot properly or elegantly ('m not getting the right word here). in some sequences the camera is focusing at the odd places as if it is a WIP video.
'm not saying it for the heck of it: even i was eagerly waiting to see the new version but as the one loooong video progressed i couldn't help but notice these things.
Old 27th January 2010, 15:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

O RLY? I never knew westernising 'Mile sur mera tumhara' would lead to national integration!

I did not know what national integration meant as a kid when MSMT used to be aired on DD. But I still used to love it and watch it! And today, as a grown up I understand the message very well.

Today's kids, I'm sure are just going to change channels when this is aired.
Old 27th January 2010, 16:39   #38
BHPian

Mile Sur Mera Tomorrow? Fail Doing Jalsa and Showing Jilpa

Good commentary !
Old 27th January 2010, 17:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

I voted for "Miley Sur Mera Tumhara (Old Doordarshan Classic)".
I feel the new one failed to portray diversity though we still see the same song being sung in different languages. New ones picturisation, singing and music is no match to the old classic!!

IMO the only guys who could make justice to their appearance in the new one are:
1. Gurdas Mann's singing.
2. Sivamani playing drums.
3. Ustad. Zakir Hussain's tabla.

Last edited by HammerHead : 27th January 2010 at 17:09.
Old 27th January 2010, 19:12   #40
BHPian

I voted for the old one as well. The new one is too long and had too many Bollywood stars and too few cricketers. It felt too lifeless - where are the bustling modern Indian cities?

It's funny watching some of you calling for an Indian dress for Deepika. I am glad she wore what she wore - there are plenty of Indians who wear short skirts. And if it happens in India, well, it's Indian.

Of course, any video on national integration without Sachin does not need to be taken seriously
Old 27th January 2010, 19:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

I think our attitude towards the new MSMT is also based towards having fond memories of the old video.

I too cringed the first time I watched the new video. But after watching it 3-4 times, somehow I appreciated the amount of effort that has gone into making the new video. C'mon guys, for a moment, try to disassociate yourselves with nostalgia and see the tough job that the director of the new video had. He had to keep the spirit of the original, yet implement cultural influences of a much changed, diverse India - and its idols .

Thats why my vote goes to the new video.
Old 27th January 2010, 20:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
... any video on national integration without Sachin does not need to be taken seriously
Similarly, I don't think any representation of Tamil Nadu can go without Rajnikant. There are way too many omissions, and seems to be dominated by celebrities of one type. Mainly film stars. What does Shilpa Shetty got to do with Rajasthan?
Old 27th January 2010, 20:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
I think our attitude towards the new MSMT is also based towards having fond memories of the old video.

I too cringed the first time I watched the new video. But after watching it 3-4 times, somehow I appreciated the amount of effort that has gone into making the new video. C'mon guys, for a moment, try to disassociate yourselves with nostalgia and see the tough job that the director of the new video had.
One has to assess the video from the end result, and not from the effort. The older video makes our hair stand when we see it. The newer video makes us pull the same hair out, one by one. That's the difference. So I prefer the old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Similarly, I don't think any representation of Tamil Nadu can go without Rajnikant. There are way too many omissions, and seems to be dominated by celebrities of one type. Mainly film stars. What does Shilpa Shetty got to do with Rajasthan?
Doesn't Shilpa own part of rajasthan royals? That's the connection. Actually Rajni can represent 3 states (KA,MH,TN). But they did mix up the languages. Why were Kavitha Krishnamurthy and family singing Kannada stanza in bad accent? It should have been Deepika singing Kannada, but she was doing something else nobody could figure out.
Old 27th January 2010, 21:55   #44
BHPian

Think national integration and not think of railways ? big ommission. then how does it matter if ' sur mile na mile ? Cricket comes next....

neither of these have been portrayed.
Old 28th January 2010, 02:59   #45
BHPian

I can't imagine that the director/producer thought of convincing the whole India just with film stars. Well, it was a complete let down and they need to understand that there are other areas of achievement that represent India as well.

What's this video got to do anything with Republic Day or National integration for that matter?

If I haven't seen the older version, I would have probably seen this new 'Phir Mile Sur Mera Tumhara' as a sheer stupidity by some film fanatic. Such a waste of time!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks