Team-BHP - Design Ideas For a Scale model Showcase.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Design Ideas For a Scale model Showcase. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/74320-design-ideas-scale-model-showcase.html)

Guys, Could anyone Help me with any design ideas for a Showcase for My scale models. any Interior designers here?

In Inorbit Mall (Malad), I guess there is a shop that sells scale models. You could check that out and get an idea for a showcase at your place.

You can try and use the following ideas :

This one can be implemented if you have a few beauties :

If there are many scale models, you could try this :

The 2nd image is from TBHP itself :)

Dude the inorbit scale model shop closed long back.. ( more then 2 years i guess) and correct me if i'm wrong, isn't the showcase of second image belongs to someone in Thane...

I saw it in one of my friend orkut gallery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner (Post 1701482)
Dude the inorbit scale model shop closed long back.. ( more then 2 years i guess) and correct me if i'm wrong, isn't the showcase of second image belongs to someone in Thane...

I saw it in one of my friend orkut gallery.

My bad, I saw the shop 2 years back and didn't do to Inorbit after that. Regarding the 2nd pic, Maverick had posted this in the Scale model topic and he said that the owner is from Thane.

Well,my display looks a bit like the one above.So,there's no design ideas as such.I have a tip though:If you're going for a similar showcase with your models placed on shelves facing outwards,you might want to get a low raised strip put on right in front of where you expect the models' front wheels to be positioned.A lot of the models have this annoying habit of rolling forwards on the shelves.The strip(a bit like a speed-bump) prevents them from rolling off the shelves and makes the assembly safer.Just something I've learnt over time...

@Cyrus - not sure if you are still looking for design for a display unit. First we would need to know where you would like to palce the unit and how much space is available. i know you have a lot of models so would like to display all or keep some in storage and circulate them around. I saw a lovely simple glass unit at HomeDecor (Hoemtown) with lights and a mirror at the back, around 15K. Let me know and i would like to assist.

This is my first post.
All the above is ok and I guess will have to be customised as per the space, etc.
But WHAT to about the dust ???!!!
Cleaning every instant will be a chore!
I have a few model cars myself. have stored them in a - as far as possible - dust tight showcase but dusr abd grime enters.....
Kamlesh

Just for your information guys. I saw this brilliant moving display case for Scale model cars at the Audi Showroom in Stockholm yesterday.
This seems to me an excellent design and given our Indian engineering might, I am sure one can get it fabricated.
This one accommodates 1:43 size models, which is why it interested me, since I am a hard core 1:43 collector.

Design Ideas For a Scale model Showcase.-image1259372838.jpg