Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeLLe View Post
Was considering a drive down myself but I am a bit worried about the long drive of approx 1300+ km (according to Google Maps).
Nor do I know any of the roads outside Mumbai.

Also where would I find hotels and places to stay on the villages or small towns en route?

These are some of my concerns.

Agrawal movers asked for 21,000 rupees to move the damn thing!
Given your above post one assumes that your highway driving experience is minimal. If this is correct then attempting the 1300 kms trip in a single day is not advisable.

I would recommend you make it a two day trip and drive only during daylight hours and have a night halt at Goa. Leave Bombay early in the morning say 6 or 7.00 am be in Goa by 5.00 pm. Do not attempt to have an average of more than 60 to 70 kms per hour of actual distance covered. Which means that you would be driving at approx 80-90 kms per hour most of the time. Leaving Goa again at say 7.00 am the next day you should be in KL by 4.00 pm.

Attempt the drive only if you are able to get an experienced co driver and are very sure in your mind that you want to do it. Otherwise the 21K by the transporter sounds good and surely can be negotiated. Factor in the cost of petrol + on way expenses + stay at Goa for two + return airfare to Bombay + time involved and driving down starts to look like a penny wise pound foolish story.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks