Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2021, 00:50   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Help Choosing a Keyboard (music)

Is Appario Retails on Amazon an authorized seller for yamaha musical instruments?

I had booked Yamaha e373 keyboard on Amazon with seller Appario Retails. Now while checking on one of the offline dealer over call, they told yamaha doesn't cover the warranty on products purchased online.

I wanted to check if there is any place where yamaha has mentioned the list of authorized online sellers? I see that Casio has clearly listed the list of online retailers on each of the major ecommerce platform. Couldn't find the same for Yamaha.

Any clarity here will be greatly appreciated (as I am yet to receive the keyboard)
Old 16th September 2021, 02:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Is Appario Retails on Amazon an authorized seller for yamaha musical instruments?

I had booked Yamaha e373 keyboard on Amazon with seller Appario Retails. Now while checking on one of the offline dealer over call, they told yamaha doesn't cover the warranty on products purchased online.

I wanted to check if there is any place where yamaha has mentioned the list of authorized online sellers? I see that Casio has clearly listed the list of online retailers on each of the major ecommerce platform. Couldn't find the same for Yamaha.

Any clarity here will be greatly appreciated (as I am yet to receive the keyboard)
Did you find about the warranty?
Old 9th February 2022, 12:38   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyabrata.dash View Post
Did you find about the warranty?
Yes. I had called Yamaha service center and they confirmed that Amazon is fine for warranty. They will require the warranty card which will be taped on the side of the box. One should always keep that with them.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 12:42   #34
BHPian

I recently bought a Casio CT-S300 keyboard for my 8 year old son who has started learning keyboard at school. But I am having trouble with the batteries and it has already spent 2 sets of Duracell ultra batteries (total 12 of them) in a few weeks. The keyboard is hardly used so the battery usage seems to be really high.

At this rate I guess investing in rechargeable batteries seems to be wise, but then rechargeable batteries are 1.2V each compared to 1.5V for regular batteries. So total voltage would come to 7.2V only vs the required voltage of 9V. However curiously the manual claims that rechargeable batteries can be used.

Another option am exploring is to get a router UPS with 9V output and connect it to the DC adapter input. There is a DC adapter that has come in the box and it can charge the UPS. I know I can connect the DC adapter directly to the keyboard but am not comfortable leaving my kid with a gadget connected to the mains.

Does anybody here have experience with rechargeable batteries or portable UPS with their keyboards? Any other suggestions or ideas?
Old 18th August 2022, 14:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
echargeable batteries seems to be wise, but then rechargeable batteries are 1.2V each compared to 1.5V for regular batteries.
Rechargeable batteries should work. Voltage of AA cells drops with usage, so Keyboard should already be designed to work with 1 volt from each battery.

Curve for Duracell ultra :

https://docs.rs-online.com/2a27/0900766b814ef4c0.pdf
Old 18th August 2022, 14:30   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another option am exploring is to get a router UPS with 9V output and connect it to the DC adapter input. There is a DC adapter that has come in the box and it can charge the UPS. I know I can connect the DC adapter directly to the keyboard but am not comfortable leaving my kid with a gadget connected to the mains.

Does anybody here have experience with rechargeable batteries or portable UPS with their keyboards? Any other suggestions or ideas?
Since keyboard is an 'audio' instrument, I am not sure if a UPS router will be suitable. You may hear some background noise if the power output of the UPS is not 'clean'.

Plus, using the DC adapter is perfectly safe; but to each his own.
Old 18th August 2022, 14:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
But I am having trouble with the batteries and it has already spent 2 sets of Duracell ultra batteries (total 12 of them) in a few weeks. The keyboard is hardly used so the battery usage seems to be really high.
Speakers are the only load which consume lots of power. Try reducing the volume and probably the batteries last longer.

Quote:
At this rate I guess investing in rechargeable batteries seems to be wise, but then rechargeable batteries are 1.2V each compared to 1.5V for regular batteries. So total voltage would come to 7.2V only vs the required voltage of 9V. However curiously the manual claims that rechargeable batteries can be used.
Does the manual specify what is the minimum terminal voltage which is needed to run the keyboard?. As the battery drains due to usage, the voltage would further drop so it would not help.

Quote:
If the keyboard has a DC Input then you can probably build a battery pack of 7 (8.4V) or 8 (9.6V) rechargeable cells and connect it to the DC Input.

Last edited by srini1785 : 18th August 2022 at 15:07.
Old 15th May 2023, 13:35   #38
BHPian

Guys, I am newbie who has a long desired dream of playing piano the acoustic one, but before moving forward with things I would like to first learn how to play it, I saw few Casio keyboards S100-S200-S300 but couldn't find the difference between the three, which keyboard should I choose to start my learning curve or should I pick something else?
Old 15th May 2023, 14:56   #39
BHPian

My son gave his Trinity Piano grade 0 on an entry level keyboard (Yamaha PSR-F51) but we had to purchase a digital piano to get him ready for grade 1. The thing lacking on that keyboard compared to the digital piano was touch sensitivity. Although some keyboards (ex: Casio S300) offer touch sensitivity, his teacher suggested digital piano to get a feel of the weighted keys on an acoustic piano.

If learning acoustic piano is primary focus (as compared to music composing), my honest suggestion would be to get most basic keyboard for time being, and then consider upgrading to a digital piano. My understanding is that the 'upgraded' features on the costlier keyboards will not help with your piano journey. My basic understanding is that the keyboards are more oriented towards composing, and the upgraded features are for them!

Also many features on the keyboards (as well as digital piano) are not useful for a beginner. Seeing my son learn his lessons, all he uses is metronome. Things like polyphony, tones, pitch bend, reverb etc etc seem to be advanced features for music composers, who are simulating multiple instruments using the same keyboard.

Last edited by Comrade : 15th May 2023 at 15:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks