Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 11:57   #1
BHPian

Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Would be relocating to hyd in feb end - 1st week of March timeframe.
Looking for some suggestions on 2/3 BR rent around 15 k budget ( max 20k)

Office is in Gachibowli..

Criteria for rented apartment
- not more than 20-30 min drive from office
- grocery shopping/basic need shops should be walkable ( prefer buying fresh veggies from raytu bazaars...rather than reliance fresh or food world...)
- security - gated community
- play area for kids ( have a infant daughter ) & shor sharaba with other kids !
- preference for some tennis /squash courts, gym, playgrounds in a 2-3 km radius

Some suggestions i have got is
- L & T Serene county - are there 2BHKs here..what's the rent..are there walkable shops nearby..or is it like Gugraon...take a car out for everything
- Malaysian township - is there some water /electricity problem here..other wise lots of flats listed on magicbricks.com
- Whitefields ?
- Any other suggestions ?

also i heard advance in hyd is 2 months rent..right ?

Suggestions would be welcome - thanks in advance
Old 8th February 2010, 13:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Hyderabad. So which IT company in Gachibowli you will be joining?

I think Malaysian Township is a good idea for staying but, it will be around 6km-8kms from Gachibowli.

Yes, in Hyderabad you have a 2 months advance rent as a norm.

Other than that, i cannot provide any further inputs as i never lived in a rented place here and i live in heart of the city so wouldnt know about the areas you listed.

Have Fun in Hyderabad
Old 8th February 2010, 18:49   #3
BHPian

can't reveal the new company now..u never know..whos watching !!

magicbricks lists 100+ flats avl in Malaysian Township - but is there a water /electricity probem there ?...somebody had mentioned to me that it was a huge problem - around a yr back..
Old 8th February 2010, 19:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
can't reveal the new company now..u never know..whos watching !!

magicbricks lists 100+ flats avl in Malaysian Township - but is there a water /electricity probem there ?...somebody had mentioned to me that it was a huge problem - around a yr back..
Malaysian Township has water problem and the construction is not so good as per what I have heard. Moreover, the flyover construction is still on and it is a pain to travel to/from Malaysian township during peak hours.

Since you have a budget of 15k - 20k, you can easily get a flat in Hill Ridge in Gachibowli. (This will be really close to your workplace)

Another option - Whitefields (Very good gated communities). You can get very good flats here ranging from 15 to 25k per month.

3rd Option - Silpa Park, Kondapur. Rent ranges from 12k for a 2BHK to 15-20k for 3BHK.

Do not approach brokers. It is easier to find good flats in Hyderabad if you roam around a bit.

As for the advance, it's either 2 months + 1 month rent in advance or 1 + 1 month rent in advance depending on the flat owner.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
As for the advance, it's either 2 months + 1 month rent in advance or 1 + 1 month rent in advance depending on the flat owner.
Ha! I miss Hyd for a lot of things, but this is one factor i truly love to appreciate! Here in Bangalore, the norm is 10 months rent as deposit, and considering the astronomical rents, thats one tidy sum locked up!
Old 9th February 2010, 10:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
the norm is 10 months rent as deposit, and considering the astronomical rents, thats one tidy sum locked up!
This norm is slowing vanishing as the demand for rental houses is less these days.
Old 9th February 2010, 13:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:

Do not approach brokers. It is easier to find good flats in Hyderabad if you roam around a bit.
Hey thanks for the suggestions - will certainly look around these options once i am there...

I will get 15 days acco from company -
If i drive around to these areas - will i get ready to occupy flats ? Or there will be waiting periods of say a month or so ? I mean will the owners phone numbers or keys be available at the gates with security if i want to have a look ?

Or should I start contacting brokers/properties listed in magicbricks, makaan.com..etc
Old 9th February 2010, 13:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Hey thanks for the suggestions - will certainly look around these options once i am there...

I will get 15 days acco from company -
If i drive around to these areas - will i get ready to occupy flats ? Or there will be waiting periods of say a month or so ? I mean will the owners phone numbers or keys be available at the gates with security if i want to have a look ?

Or should I start contacting brokers/properties listed in magicbricks, makaan.com..etc
The contact numbers are usually displayed on the gates or the security guys will have them along with the keys to the vacant flats.

Usually, the norm is - See the flat, if you like it, call up the owner and negotiate the rent.

As far as I have seen, (I stayed at Whitefields for 1.5 years) most of the flat owners don't encourage brokers.
Old 27th February 2010, 03:55   #9
BHPian

Sorry paharino1 for hi-jacking your thread.

I'll be relocating to Hyderabad probably next month and I need a rental flat. My work requires me in rotational shifts, so an apartment in a "quite" environment would help to catch sleep during day.

I'm single and my office is located in High-tech city.

Any thoughts would certainly help!

Last edited by Paradox : 27th February 2010 at 04:01. Reason: Add more details:
Old 27th February 2010, 17:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Paharino1 and Paradox,

WELCOME TO HYDERABAD!

South Park (Nivee Properties) at Nalagandala, just 8 minutes from Gacchi Bowli, (your office area).

All flats have AC, wardrobes, kitchen and all, just get your clothes, microwave and refrigerator, rent is 18-20K. Ask mobike, pulsar for details of roof top state of the art gym, pool, laundry and location.

Regards,
Old 27th February 2010, 20:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Another option - Whitefields (Very good gated communities). You can get very good flats here ranging from 15 to 25k per month.
Surely, Whitefields is a good option. I believe HillRam has a flat there, it was vacant a couple of months back. If needed, contact him.
Old 2nd March 2010, 06:52   #12
BHPian

Thanks fazalaliadil for the reply. But I think 18 - 20K PM for a single person is little expensive although it comes with those amenities you mentioned.

Is it not a better option to actually buy those appliances, rather than paying a rent of 18K PM. What do you think?
Old 2nd March 2010, 07:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Thanks fazalaliadil for the reply. But I think 18 - 20K PM for a single person is little expensive although it comes with those amenities you mentioned.

Is it not a better option to actually buy those appliances, rather than paying a rent of 18K PM. What do you think?
Paradox,
Completely agree on all counts. Too much for a single person.
Yes buying the stuff is a better idea. Hope you get good acco. there are many like white fields others mentioned.
Regards,
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:19   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

L&T which is about 2kms from Gachibowli IT Corridor has apartments for rent in 13K-14K per month if anyone is interested.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
L&T which is about 2kms from Gachibowli IT Corridor has apartments for rent in 13K-14K per month if anyone is interested.
You mean L & T serene county right ? I have a friend of mine who stays there..he has been forwarding me mails from the egroup there..mostly 3 BHKs with prices quoted as 20k+ ...
would ideally like to stay in a 2BHK...but i believe very few 2BHKs in L & T

Most Viewed