Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2012, 12:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: IBM Hyderabad Any BHPian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
IBM office is in RR district.

1. How expensive is rental accormodation 1 bhk or so for a bachelor nearby RR District?
2. I am currently in pune. How do rate cost of living in Hyd comparatively?
Would appreciate any help in this regard. This will help me with crucial decision in my life.
First things first RR District is very much a part of Hyderabad city,so let that not confuse you.Hyderabad is split into Hyderabad District and RR District (pretty much like Haveli Taluka for Pune)As for rentals,compared to other parts of the city,houses in and around Hitec City (the area where IBM is located) are marked up by a good 30-40%.If you are ok with travelling a bit,then you could look for places within Hyderabad City and Secunderabad.Cost of living in Hyderabad comparitively lesser than cities like Bangalore & Pune.Single BHKs are difficult to get in Hyd as the city runs on the concept of big spaces.

The ideal way would be for you to shift to Hyd,stay at a friend's place or a hotel for a week-10days and then decide for yourself which area you want to settle down.
Old 7th December 2012, 15:29   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to Join IBM and location is hyderabad. I have been to Hyderabad before but not at all aware of city.

1. How expensive is rental accormodation 1 bhk or so for a bachelor nearby RR District?
2. If you are from IBM, please do pm me your connect details, need to understand more on IBM work culture, growth speed, band structure. Or feel free to express you thoughts in thread if it is line with forum rules.
Like Ranjit mentioned, dont confuse yourself with this district cacophony. for that matter dont confuse yourself with the concept of twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. Just call it one city-HYDERABAD

Coming to your queries :-

1. If i am not wrong your IBM office is in Raheja Mindspace, Hitec City. Which is like bang in center of hitec city. you will get plenty of apartments for rent close by but, rent will be a killer. Minimum is 15K

If you want to save money, then you can get a 2-BHK for 8K-9K in Kukatpally area which is 12-15kms from Hitec City

There is NO concept of 1BHK in Hyderabad

2. Hyderabad is the most economical city in entire country compared to other IT biggies like Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and Delhi. Rent, Food and Lifestyle is economical and much better infrastructure than cities mentioned above

3. Finding someone from IBM would be difficult. you need to find someone via. Linkedin who is in Hyderabad. But, going by IBM culture, i am sure its going to be a nice honeymoon for you. So dont worry
Old 7th December 2012, 17:27   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Like Ranjit mentioned, dont confuse yourself with this district cacophony. for that matter dont confuse yourself with the concept of twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. Just call it one city-HYDERABAD

1. If i am not wrong your IBM office is in Raheja Mindspace, Hitec City. Which is like bang in center of hitec city. you will get plenty of apartments for rent close by but, rent will be a killer. Minimum is 15K

If you want to save money, then you can get a 2-BHK for 8K-9K in Kukatpally area which is 12-15kms from Hitec City

There is NO concept of 1BHK in Hyderabad

2. Hyderabad is the most economical city in entire country compared to other IT biggies like Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and Delhi. Rent, Food and Lifestyle is economical and much better infrastructure than cities mentioned above

3. Finding someone from IBM would be difficult. you need to find someone via. Linkedin who is in Hyderabad. But, going by IBM culture, i am sure its going to be a nice honeymoon for you. So dont worry
Too add to Avi's points, there is another IBM office with sizable operations in Divyashree building (opp Asian Motors, Near Rayadurgam Police Station) .

Coming to Rentals part, the near by residential area will be Manikonda, OU colony, Secretariat Colony, Tolichowki where there are good chances of finding 1 BHK places and affordable 2BHK places, starting from around 6K. These areas are in the radius of 4-5 KMS from Divyashree and 7KMS from Raheja Mindspace.
Old 7th December 2012, 17:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to Join IBM and location is hyderabad. I have been to Hyderabad before but not at all aware of city.

1. If you are bachelor and are ok to live in working men's hostel in and around hi tec city you will spend 8k max (food & laundry included),other option being share a flat with your future single ibm work buddies

There is no concept of 1 bhk in hyderabad.

IBM has multiple offices in hi tech city (one in mindspace and other one in divyasree orion complex(my guess is that is where you would join)

2. Hyderabad is comparatively cheaper to pune (depends on whats your defination of cost of living)

On a lighter note if you find out the ibm culture is not good would you not join them ?

What you'll miss is weekend getaways though (there are non here < 350kms)
Welcome to Hyderabad.I migrated from mumbai 5 years back and tell you what its a great place..
Old 7th December 2012, 17:45   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manvik View Post
Too add to Avi's points, there is another IBM office with sizable operations in Divyashree building (opp Asian Motors, Near Rayadurgam Police Station) .

Coming to Rentals part, the near by residential area will be Manikonda, OU colony, Secretariat Colony, Tolichowki where there are good chances of finding 1 BHK places and affordable 2BHK places, starting from around 6K. These areas are in the radius of 4-5 KMS from Divyashree and 7KMS from Raheja Mindspace.
Vicky, i didnt know there are 1BHK in those areas. Are you sure?

Do you have a place to let-out in your own bunglow in Manikonda as it would be real close for him to his office?
Old 7th December 2012, 18:33   #66

Quote:
Vicky, i didnt know there are 1BHK in those areas. Are you sure?

Do you have a place to let-out in your own bunglow in Manikonda as it would be real close for him to his office?
Avi !! 1BHK places will be available but in independent houses and not in apartments, at the same time bit difficult to find since these are picked up as and when vacant, i do have a vacant portion currently which I am holding for one of the guys request and another one has been taken up by couple of IT guys from Gachibowli area.

Idea - Please pm me in case you need further assistance in case you decide to stay around these areas.
Old 8th December 2012, 12:38   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Quote:
Idea - Please pm me in case you need further assistance in case you decide to stay around these areas.
Idea: Take up on this offer from Vicky. He is my close-pal and he can help you sort out.

Good Luck
Old 14th December 2012, 00:50   #68
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

On a lighter note if you find out the ibm culture is not good would you not join them ?

What you'll miss is weekend getaways though (there are non here < 350kms)
Welcome to Hyderabad.I migrated from mumbai 5 years back and tell you what its a great place..
All really appreciate your input. In IBM mostly my office location will be Orion B6, RR district. I am looking for 1/2 BHK near by office say 4-5 km. Wanted to understand expenses involved per month, initial deposit, brokers charges etc Area to look in to.

Seems we dont have anybody from IBM/Ex IBM in this forum. But would appreciate help in info for relocation.

Initially i am planning to come alone and then think of family..

Last edited by idea : 14th December 2012 at 00:51.
Old 14th December 2012, 00:54   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Avi !! 1BHK places will be available but in independent houses and not in apartments, at the same time bit difficult to find since these are picked up as and when vacant, i do have a vacant portion currently which I am holding for one of the guys request and another one has been taken up by couple of IT guys from Gachibowli area.

Thanks a lot. All help will be appreciated. Not sure why i am not able to PM you.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:17   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. All help will be appreciated. Not sure why i am not able to PM you.
Because newbies cannot send or receive PM's

I sent you a PM with Vikram's number.
Old 9th January 2013, 22:29   #71
BANNED

Received offer letter now. Work location mentioned is

IBM India Pvt Ltd Survey # 66/1, 9th Floor, North Tower, Divyasree NSL Tech Place, Orion Building B6.

So idea is to get a flat to stay nearby - walkable is preferred if not too expensive - where in office is as close as possible. Now there is clarity of area. Looking for tentative good area and tentative rental prices.

It also seems to be on mumbai highway as i will be travelling to pune once a month or so.
Old 10th January 2013, 12:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Received offer letter now. Work location mentioned is

IBM India Pvt Ltd Survey # 66/1, 9th Floor, North Tower, Divyasree NSL Tech Place, Orion Building B6.

So idea is to get a flat to stay nearby - walkable is preferred if not too expensive - where in office is as close as possible. Now there is clarity of area. Looking for tentative good area and tentative rental prices.

It also seems to be on mumbai highway as i will be travelling to pune once a month or so.
The closest areas are telecom nagar /gachibowli

Rentals min 15k for a 2 bhk ( there are no 1 bhk's in hyd remember)

This is the old mumbai highway which would connect to nh9.

With the current state of nh9 i strongly reckon you fly or take the train (shatabdi)to pune

If you are planning to get your car/bike to hyderabad ensure you have plans to pay the andhra road tax ,your office location and its vicinity are hot spots for the traffic cops to stop non andhra registered vehicles

Lot of folks negotiate the above with the employer as part of their relocation benefits (not sure if the same is true for ibm)
Old 10th January 2013, 15:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, I will be moving to Hyderabad from Bangalore next week, will have 1 week hotel accommodation. I am joining a company in Gachibowli near Wipro junction. I will look for 2 bhk apartment for rent near by.

How is the rents around Gachibowli and any of you guys knows any good apartments suggest me. looking for rent around 15-16k. I belive advance in hyderabad is 2 months ?
Old 10th January 2013, 16:18   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
The closest areas are telecom nagar /gachibowli

Rentals min 15k for a 2 bhk ( there are no 1 bhk's in hyd remember)

This is the old mumbai highway which would connect to nh9.

With the current state of nh9 i strongly reckon you fly or take the train (shatabdi)to pune

If you are planning to get your car/bike to hyderabad ensure you have plans to pay the andhra road tax ,your office location and its vicinity are hot spots for the traffic cops to stop non andhra registered vehicles

Lot of folks negotiate the above with the employer as part of their relocation benefits (not sure if the same is true for ibm)
Thanks for your quick revert in input.

I will be comming alone and not decided about family relocation as of now. So 15K is too high. so i might have to move bit farther wherein rent is in tune of 6-8 max or will have to look for shared one initially. Where do i look for considering this this budget?

Initially will rely on my 2 wheeler and road tax needs to be paid for sure. Not sure how much it will be for 2 wheeler and wagon R . Can be looked in later.

Regarding IBM, i heard , they leverage their brand to great extent and neither pay good nor show any flexibility towards relocation/hotel etc. in my offer letter there is no mention of such hotel/relocation allowances for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Hi Guys, I will be moving to Hyderabad from Bangalore next week, will have 1 week hotel accommodation. I am joining a company in Gachibowli near Wipro junction. I will look for 2 bhk apartment for rent near by.

How is the rents around Gachibowli and any of you guys knows any good apartments suggest me. looking for rent around 15-16k. I belive advance in hyderabad is 2 months ?
Seems we will be sharing same area as far as office location is concerned !!
Old 10th January 2013, 16:28   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post

I live approximately 10 kms away from Gachibowli in http://pbelcity.in/

Rentals in this community are 12-14k for 2bhk and 15k for 3bhk.
A couple of flats would be available.

PBEL is connected to Gachibowli via the Outer Ring Road. Toll is Rs 10 for this stretch and you will take approx 10-12 mins by car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks