Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2013, 17:36   #91
MHG
BHPian

Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Electricity would not exceed 200/-. Laundry and water depends on the place where you stay. Most apartments would include the water charge in the maintenance charge. For an 8K apartment, the maintenance charge would be around 1K.
So it should be around 11k per month in Hyderabad as far as cost of living minus food, petrol and internet is concerned ?

Quote:
Actually for a new comer, I would always suggest a hostel since it's mostly hassle-free. But getting a single occupancy room was a bit hard for me initially. Most places were quoting 11K, 12K etc. and the rooms looked messy and finally I got a decent place for 10K, a very neat little room. I had to eventually move out since the room was becoming too small for me (8x10 dimension) and I wanted a car parking. Unlike Bangalore, and other major cities, we do not have to shell out a fortune as advance here in Hyderabad for renting an apartment. 2 months advance is the norm. Maintenance is usually around 1-1.5K.
Well I intend to stay in a hostel for the first 6 months atleast. How long did it take for you to find a place ? I have 3 days lead time in Hyderabad to search for a place to stay before I officially report for work.

And what about 2-sharing rooms ? I may be able to find someone else to share the room with, in which case it is an option I'll consider if it results in good savings vis-a-vis single occupancy rooms.
Old 24th January 2013, 10:03   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
So it should be around 11k per month in Hyderabad as far as cost of living minus food, petrol and internet is concerned ?

And what about 2-sharing rooms ? I may be able to find someone else to share the room with, in which case it is an option I'll consider if it results in good savings vis-a-vis single occupancy rooms.
Yeah, your expenses would be around 15K all inclusive, per month. 3 days is a bit if a rush to find a decent place to stay. My employer had given me 2 weeks stay at their guest house which was a good thing for me.

2 sharing rooms are totally VFM if you are willing to share a small room (10x12 ft) with another person. Somehow I was not too keen with that so I went for a single occupancy room. For double sharing, the rent all inclusive for month will be as low as 6000/-. In most hostels they will themselves arrange a room mate in case you do not have anyone to move in with you immediately.
Old 24th January 2013, 14:36   #93
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, your expenses would be around 15K all inclusive, per month. 3 days is a bit if a rush to find a decent place to stay. My employer had given me 2 weeks stay at their guest house which was a good thing for me.
Well, my employer has given me 1 week stay at a guest house. But only 3 days out of that 1 week I'll be jobless (literally). From 4th day its reporting for work so I don't think I'll be able to look around for a guest house then.

Quote:
2 sharing rooms are totally VFM if you are willing to share a small room (10x12 ft) with another person. Somehow I was not too keen with that so I went for a single occupancy room. For double sharing, the rent all inclusive for month will be as low as 6000/-. In most hostels they will themselves arrange a room mate in case you do not have anyone to move in with you immediately.
Well about the bold part, that's exactly what I DONT want to end up with. Some totally random person as a roommate and me having no idea who it is. Security reasons. I'm only considering 2-sharing if someone I know lands up in Hyderabad in a similar situation, for which there is a pretty decent chance.
Old 25th January 2013, 14:12   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Well, I have never kept an eye out for it but, assumed there are many in Hyderabad considering lot of people are buying CNG cars now.

I saw a few of them though. Nampally, Nagole and Balapur
CNG pumps are very few. The hitech city-gachchibowli belt doesnt have any, AFAIK.

Even if you find a pump, you will have to queue up early in the morning. For some reason in most pumps its not available all day or even everyday. A few people I know who have CNG cars leave their number with the pumpwalla who sends an SMS when the gas is available.

So unless your usage is low and there is CNG pump a few minutes ride away, it is better to avoid using CNG vehicles in hydbad
Old 7th February 2013, 23:37   #95
BHPian

Hi all & thank you for the wealth of information you have shared in this thread.
My daughter has got her first job & will be moving to Hyderabad soon. Her office will be in Navayuga Inspire SEZ, Serilingampally.
She would like to find an apartment in a gated community close to her office. Any suggestions?
Also, what are the transport options in that area?
My sincerest thanks in advance.
Old 8th February 2013, 06:25   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Hi all & thank you for the wealth of information you have shared in this thread.
My daughter has got her first job & will be moving to Hyderabad soon. Her office will be in Navayuga Inspire SEZ, Serilingampally.
She would like to find an apartment in a gated community close to her office. Any suggestions?
Navayuga Inspire is on Old Mumbai Highway at proper Serilingampally very close to BHEL and down the road from Gachibowli Stadium.

Though a tad more expensive than other properties in the area, it has 2,016 2-BHKs and 3-BHKs and contains a supermarket, restaurant, multiple swimming pools, club house, guest rooms like a hotel in the club, multiple ATMs, pharmacy, doctors and so much more. It is My Home Jewel at Madinaguda and is 5km away. Expect to pay 17-20K for a 2-BHK.

More options may be available closer at Gulmohar Park (bang opposite), etc. but have no idea. Keep checking "Deccan Chronicle" and "Times Of India" classifieds, especially on sundays. You can do so as they both have online versions of their print versions.

To cut costs, look at 2-3 girls sharing a flat as room mates or just flat mates.

Shared autos, point to point negotiated fare autos, metered autos, own two wheeler, company cabs, metered radio cabs, own Nano car or any other own car.
Old 9th February 2013, 09:00   #97
BHPian

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 20th February 2013, 10:27   #98
BANNED

Aah i am in Hyd for an assignment. Pretty pleasant. Seems my office will be in Divyashree. Hitech. Getting acquainted ahead of time.

Planning to come down in April 13 for new job. Just need a good place to stay nearby office and bit reasonable. Fingers crossed.
Old 20th February 2013, 11:34   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Having worked from the same facility would agree with the suggestion of "Hyd Traveller" for transportation I will suggest own means of transport since the shared autos etc are not great in this part of town the other option is to look at Gachibowli .However public transport is best avoided in those areas
Old 20th February 2013, 11:51   #100
BANNED

Quote:
I stayed in a hostel in Madhapur for 4 months with all the facilities that you mentioned above. Single occupancy room with attached bathroom, Cable TV, WiFi, Laundry, food etc. included in the rent and I was paying 10K per month. I'm sure single occupancy rooms will be more expensive now since it's been a year since I moved out from one. Your best bet would be 2BHKs near Manikonda area which is close to Nanakramguda. You should be able to get one for around 8K. Just that you'll have to manage the laundry, food, separate internet connection etc.
Would appreciate if you can share details of such hotel.
Old 20th February 2013, 11:52   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Aah i am in Hyd for an assignment. Pretty pleasant. Seems my office will be in Divyashree. Hitech. Getting acquainted ahead of time.

Planning to come down in April 13 for new job. Just need a good place to stay nearby office and bit reasonable. Fingers crossed.
Is it the Divyashree bldg behind Cyber Pearl where Convergys is located? If this would be the location of your new job in April, the closest residential area is Whitefield thats full of 3BHK units ranging from 18 to 30k per month. For slightly lower rent and also 2BHKs, the closest are Madhapur and Kondapur.
Old 20th February 2013, 14:50   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Is it the Divyashree bldg behind Cyber Pearl where Convergys is located? If this would be the location of your new job in April, the closest residential area is Whitefield thats full of 3BHK units ranging from 18 to 30k per month. For slightly lower rent and also 2BHKs, the closest are Madhapur and Kondapur.
Could not locate Convergys. I might have missed. But there was TCS and Novartis office nearby. My requirement is self contained room/2Bhk with max budget of 10K (Lower the better.)
Old 20th February 2013, 15:03   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Could not locate Convergys. I might have missed. But there was TCS and Novartis office nearby. My requirement is self contained room/2Bhk with max budget of 10K (Lower the better.)
You might want to look at dwelling options near Madhapur Petrol pump which is the most sought after residential area for the IT junta. Assuming you are going to stay single, you can land up a decent 1BHK with decent facilities below your budget. If you are moving in with family, I suggest you look at Kondapur because of the many residential apartments with lots of families living in that area especially near Shilpa Park and Chirec Public school. But you may have to strecth your budget a little bit. You have share autos from both of these areas to your office.
Old 20th February 2013, 16:40   #104
BHPian

Quote:
I frequent the "Car Spa" which is bang opposite the Navayuga Inspire like twice a month and stay 3 kms away from it. I also have few friends staying in an apartment which is 2 mins walk from the campus. If you are looking only for gated communities, then you should try the Gulmohar park area. This place has a direct auto connectivity to the campus. Another option is staying at Gachibowli area which is a better connected area than Serilingampally, hence more expensive. I stay in a government built-up gated community which is a bit ahead of Gulmohar park and the rents are around 6K for a 2 bhk. It's kind of a budget gated community if you call that, and moderately maintained, with lots of curry points outside, but no real good restaurants in walking distance, but since I have my car here, I'm perfectly fine with that. My requirements were a bigger space and a dedicated closed parking space for my car, and I get that. Let me know if you need any further help.

Quote:
Would appreciate if you can share details of such hotel.
http://www.prakashmenshostel.com/

This is where I used to stay initially, for 4 months. Single accommodation is still quoted at 10K. But please keep in mind that the rooms will be small. I chose this hostel since it was kind of new and the rooms were clean compared to the other 5-6 hostels I checked out before this one. Let me know if you need any further details
Old 25th February 2013, 23:23   #105
BHPian

Thanks masin4 & jayded.
A budget gated community sounds great, considering there is an education loan to be paid off. And, since you mention that the public transport situation isn't very reliable, she may have to get a car & pay those EMIs too.
How does one go about looking for a flat in that area? I have been scanning the Deccan Chronicle every Sunday for several weeks without much luck. Of course she needs to move in only beginning May but maybe if any of you have the telephone numbers of a few brokers, you could pm them to me & I could start talking to them now itself.
Which are the good places to buy decent-looking but reasonably-priced furniture from, in Hyderabad? I guess she will have to look for Chinese ready to assemble stuff, or are there other options?
Sincerest thanks in advance for your replies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks