Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Sorry to hear that. This sure sounds like an insider job.

-- Torqy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
It's sad to hear that your car has been stolen from valet parking.
did you got your key from them, if so then check for wax or soap signs in the key which might lead to the people who has stolen ,if it was an insider job of the Hotel.
+1 to Sudan & Torqy. Sriku get it investigated by the cops, I am sure you can get to the roots of the theft. Just don't trust them or their words.

Wish & hope you get back your ride!

'them' I mean the hotel & valet drivers!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd February 2010 at 19:36. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:36   #17
BHPian

18 hour update

Thanks for the support everyone.

about 30 minutes after the theft last night, we alerted the Police who spread the information to all police stations in mumbai and thane over the wireless.

have lodged an FIR which I will receive by 5 pm today.

have intimated the insurance company that I will present the FIR copy to them tomorrow.

have informed, via word of mouth and this forum as many people as I can to help track the car. Have offered a 10k reward to cool-cab and taxi guys who give information leading to tracking of the car.

physically scanned many places (bhandup, airoli, kalva, mumbra, reti bunder, ghodbunder) as many garages and under-flyover parking places etc as I could. But no success.

Will put advertisements (Thanks Manu Bharadwaj Sir) in local newspapers and use the paper clippings to push insurance investigation in the right direction.

I am of the opinion that the car would have been stolen for politicians in states to the north of maharashtra, as this seems to be a trend.

Looking for any guidance/tips from TBHP-ians that could help me. Thanks guys, as far as the hotel valet and management, they have been extremely cooperative, and have driven me around these last 20 odd hours to the police station and everywhere else. At this moment though, I am not ruling anything out, and will let the law take its own course, while I tie up the formalities of financing, insurance etc. A note to Bolero owners, please use the Gear lock and Steering rod clamp without fail. Try to install a fuel lock as well (more details later). Every car owner should consider installing some kind of tracking system like the ones that autotrack.in and Micro VBB sell.

Sriku
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:15   #18
BHPian

Dude if the car really means a lot to you, perhaps your could hire a private detective. Preferably an ex/retired cop who has a good network of informers etc.
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:19   #19
BHPian

@Sriku, hope you find your Bolero ASAP.

My FIL's sumo was stolen last week from outside his building at grant road, but now the cops have found the car. Cop's claim the car was found from a place some where near Donghri, which seems to be the hub where most of the stolen car parts are sold.

Both the front tires and rims are missing but suprisingly my FIL has been asked to collect the car from MIDC police station ( God alone know's how the car landed at andheri-e without tires from town). We are assuming the tires & rims are now serving our cop's car as non of the other things were stolen from the sumo.
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:49   #20
BHPian

Yes, it's real bad news that your car was stolen for you. But till now, they might have done too much tampering with your car. Claim for a insurance and go for a new Bolero

EDIT : Saw related topics and saw the thread in which you mentioned about the earlier attempt to steal the Bolero. Can there be any connection between this?

Last edited by prateekm : 22nd February 2010 at 18:56.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this! You have done the right things so far. Hope you find it soon. Whats with Mahindra vehicles and theft ? Since you have alerted the Police and they have contacted everyone at nakas, there are good chances of the vehicle being in the state itself.
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:40   #22
BHPian

I live just half a kilometer away from the mentioned area. I am keeping my eyes open and have spread a word to my friends in the area too. Hope you find your car very soon and as it was.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry to hear about this!!! hope you find your car asap.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Have you tried tweeting or facebook etc means to reach out to junta in the hinterlands?

For eg - stuff stolen in Delhi fings its way to the markets in Meerut before its disassembled forever. Thane friends may be of lesser help than those who live near to suchlike markets.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:24   #25
BHPian

Another update (no success yet)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses and support.

I've spend the last three days organising all the required paperwork and meeting the required people (cops, insurance, bankers) to get all the formalities completed. Here are the steps required to be done in case a car is stolen:
1. Lodge an FIR (Done, have the FIR with me as of Tuesday night)
2. Intimation letters to Insurance, Bank and RTO. Collect acknowledgement of the intimation letters to Bank and RTO, as these need to be submitted along with the Claim form to the Insurance co. (RTO ack done, Bank will get done tomorrow)
3. Collect forms 28,29,30,35 from RTO, fill them and attach to claim form. These will transfer ownership of vehicle (if found) to the Insurance company.
4. Submit panchnama report from police to RTO to get the Stolen endorsement. (atleast two more weeks for this to happen)
5. Submit final FIR to insurance co, after which they will issue a subrogation letter and settle the insurance claim. Cheque will be towards the bank, and bank will give me whatever is leftover (if any) after their dues are collected. (three months to this)

There are some other formalities as per the insurance investigation etc that will keep happening, and I will post updates as and when anything happens.

HVK and KSM-Vtech: Thanks for the RTO guy's contact and everything else.
Guderian sir: I owe you my sanity (or what's left of it)

I am neither hopeful nor cynical at this point in time. I guess I have been so busy running around that I haven't sat down long enough for it to really hit. But if and when that happens, I'm sure it will pass. I have no great expectations about recovering the car, at this moment, I'm just hoping my insurance claim goes through without incident. I'm sure in a couple of months I will start looking for another car (jeep?). And when that happens, I'll start looking right here at TBHP.

Cheers,
Sriku
Old 24th February 2010, 23:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

We hope you find it. Dont lose heart
Old 25th February 2010, 13:13   #27
BHPian

A Quick query, does anybody know where the Dumping yard is in Thane? I need to get a document from them too, to support my insurance claim. Please do let me know at 9619010318

Thanks,
Sriku
Old 25th February 2010, 13:31   #28
BHPian

Dumping yard is at Hari Om Nagar. Just on the outskirts of Thane, after you pass the Octroi office on the way to Mulund.
Old 25th February 2010, 15:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Dumping yard is at Hari Om Nagar. Just on the outskirts of Thane, after you pass the Octroi office on the way to Mulund.
Thanks very much for the info!

Sriku
Old 9th March 2010, 11:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sriku, any update??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks