Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 08:57   #31
BHPian

Stolen Black Safari - DL 4C U 9911- Delhi Shalimar Bagh

Guys please help, my brothers Black Safari one year old LX model stolen this morning from BW Block Shalimar Bagh number DL 4C U 9911. Please help in case you trace this Safari anywhere in NCR. As this was done this morning 3-4 hrs earlier so might be possible it will be in NCR only.

It was really scary, another Honda City was behind this safari, they have to take city out to move Safari. They just broke left side mirror and damage steering lock so that they can move out city to clear path for Safari.

Call me at 99999 84721 in case you find this Safari.

Regards,
Sundeep
Old 11th March 2010, 09:03   #32
BHPian

That is really sad Sundeep. Nowadays we see a lot of suv's being stolen. Its time car owners try the best of security equipment to secure their cars. Best of luck in finding the Safari.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:07   #33
BHPian

Just came to know that they came in While City and took Safari along with it at 5:45 AM from here. Police complaint launched. Is there anything we can do now.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sam, wasn't there any other security device installed in the Safari other than the OEM remote lock?

IMO, your brother's Safari would not be traceable anywhere in NCR; It would've been in Meerut or by now nearing N-E.

Now that a police complaint has been done, you'll have to wait for them to revert.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:54   #35
Team-BHP Support

The Safari LX does not have an engine immobilizer like the higher end versions. I guess nothing more can be done except for claiming insurance.
Old 11th March 2010, 13:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know this!

So, the City that was blocking the Safari also did not have a alarm system?

Unfortunately, I think TSK1979's observation might be right!
Old 11th March 2010, 15:42   #37
BHPian

thats sad, they would have changed the number plate till now..call insurance guys, if you have some polictical links, then the pressure on cops might help you get your ride (worked in my cousin's case)..his esteem was stolen, however, his father in law was MLA, MP Now, cops found the car beneath dwarka flyover , a/c & stereo was stolen..
Old 11th March 2010, 16:07   #38
BHPian

Honda City was type II, GXI model. Just had key less entry remote. Safari doesn't have any other security device installed. Anyways lets see.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:11   #39
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't seem like they moved the city to steal teh safari. Looks like they tried breaking in to the honda city, crank it up and drive that. Since that failed, push it aside and go for the next vehicle. I might be wrong. But that's what comes to my mind.
Sad to know about the loss of safari. Hope things turn better for your brother. Who is it insured with? ICICI lombard has a notorious reputation, hence asking.
Old 12th March 2010, 11:38   #40
BHPian

They did not take city and took only safari, seems tio me they take it to Leh after changing color and reg number.
There are lot of stolen SUV in Leh. I guess nothing much can be done except insurance claim.

Was it parked inside apartment parking or it parked outside on road?
Old 13th April 2010, 09:23   #41
BHPian

Hi Sriku,
Please refer todays Times Of India page 4. A gang of vehicle thieves have been caught by the police at a lodge at Teen Hath Naka in Thane. The lodge as per my knowledge must be Dheeraj above the Mantra Restaurant where your vehicle was stolen from. Please contact the police asap for some good news. Keeping my fingers crossed

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Old 13th April 2010, 09:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Hi Sriku,
Please refer todays Times Of India page 4. A gang of vehicle thieves have been caught by the police at a lodge at Teen Hath Naka in Thane. The lodge as per my knowledge must be Dheeraj above the Mantra Restaurant where your vehicle was stolen from. Please contact the police asap for some good news. Keeping my fingers crossed

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Thanks Adheesh! I read the same article in the TOI, and am following up with the Wagle cops as well as Powai. Will update if there is any news.

A few weeks or so earlier there was a similar report stating the Borivali Kasturba nagar police station apprehended a green tavera as it was crossing the checkpost, and chased it down to arrest the car thieves in it. investigation revealed that the gang had stolen 57 cars this year from Thane(13), mumbai and mira road. The borivali police has formed a team to track down the stolen vehicles that are at gujarat, rajasthan border under Inspector Raorane. I met him and submitted a copy of my FIR. I got him to speak with the detection officer of Wagle police station where my FIR is registered, and am waiting for any further updates from either station. Insp. Raorane assured me that if they locate my bolero, he will call me and I will have to go to that location to bring back my vehicle. There may be some paperwork required for this to happen. Until now there was a 1 in 13 chance of finding my bolero, perhaps after I speak with the Powai police, the odds may improve, however slightly.

Well wishers are either telling me to pray I get it back, or pray the cops dont find it, in case its condition is beyond salvage. I still want my car back, and will take it as far as it needs to go to get it back. I'm very grateful for your support, its heartening to know there are others that are still keeping an eye out for my beloved Moby.

Cheers,
Sriku

Last edited by sriku : 13th April 2010 at 09:41. Reason: needed to add more information
Old 14th April 2010, 06:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Damn! I didn't realise this.

Sorry or your loss sriku.

How is the insurance process taking place?
Old 4th May 2010, 12:15   #44
BHPian

Car Stolen in Mumbai - White slightly raised Maruti 800 with jet black tints

Hey guys,
a friend's car got stolen today early in the morning [around 3 - 4 am].
Its a white Maruti 800 with jet black tints.
The number is MAQ 786, but chances are its running on a different number.
Its got a Free Flow Exhaust & is slightly raised.
Its running on stock steel rims.
It got whacked from Mahim, Mumbai.

you can give me a buzz on 9819948446 if you find it.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:52   #45
BHPian

Update

On Feb 21 2010 my car was stolen.

FIR lodged on the same date.

Police investigation of 3 months is complete, no arrests/recovery.

All required documents along with claim form have been submitted to the Insurance company.

Have signed a Chetana form on 24 July at the Police station that states that the investigation is complete, and no arrests have been made. This form has been sent to the Magistrate Court along with all the case papers. After due process the court is expected to send a JMFC report that states the investigation was properly conducted, and the case can be closed as untraceable.

Waiting for the Final FIR from the Police station that will mention that the car is untraceable. I do not know if this report depends on the JMFC report or can be obtained right now itself. The staff at Police station seem to be unaware of anything, my guess is they are holding out on me. Through other sources I have found out that I am supposed to fill 3 forms at the Police station (5A/5C/5E) after which the Final FIR will be given to me. When I asked the cops about these forms, they pretend complete ignorance, perhaps they expect some gratification.

Once these above reports are made available to me, I have to send them to the Insurance company, after which they will forward my claim to their RO, and hopefully authorize the disbursement cheque towards my Bank.

I have been getting many messages from forum members who are in my position, a lot of them have not received the JMFC report from the court. My only suggestion to them is to hire a good lawyer and get him to follow up with the court. If this fails, I am not sure what else can be done, save an RTI query.

Many thanks for your support, I am very grateful.
Sriku

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks