Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 15:18   #106
BHPian

Re: Calling BHPians for help, car stolen - Pearl White Tata Safari (VX 4x4 UP 16 AE 1

Thanks for the support fellas.

Have filed the FIR, informed the insurance company.

Have been in touch with the SP of Noida and he said that vehicle should be found in a couple of days. The circle officer visited the scene of crime and told the SHO that he needs to find the vehicle.

In all, am hoping for the best (truck found today/tomorrow/never) and prepared (but praying against it) for the worst.

The worst part is; the police folks were present at the only gate (11 PM - 6 AM) for entry/exit for out sector. I felt like slapping those officers, who most probably are in collusion with the thief(s).
Old 9th July 2011, 15:43   #107

Re: Calling BHPians for help, car stolen - Pearl White Tata Safari (VX 4x4 UP 16 AE 1

I am very sorry to hear about your loss LoG. I've saved ur contact no. with car's regn no just in case. In march this year my close friend's Santro 2010 oct was stolen right outside from his office in Noida. As per him its the Authorised service center people who are in glove in hands with the car thieves and also the targeted vehicle movements are followed for a long time to determine the appropriate time and day and its usually the wee hours. As for the police they are in the know how. He has yet to get the claim from Insurance Co. even after the SI has given his report that the car could not be traced. I really wish and hope your car is recovered and culprits be caught at the earliest.

Digvj
Old 10th July 2011, 10:07   #108
BHPian

@lordofgondor,

Really sad to hear the news,my friend!! I sincerely hope that you get your vehicle back.

Is any GPS fitted in your Safari? If so,please mention to the cops-it will be easier fro them top spot. Hope they will do a sincere job and get your beuaty back.Please don't lose your heart.

Best wishes,charthom.

Last edited by charthom : 10th July 2011 at 10:08.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:16   #109
Senior - BHPian

This is real bad,hope you get her back soon.
in a 4X4,isnt there an option to put the transfer case in neutral,like in jeeps and gypsies?
that can act as a deterrent to some extent.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:27   #110
Senior - BHPian

very sad news indeed! I have some faith in the police. Recently, one Innova was stolen from our apt complex but it was found by the police in a few days' time. Hope the same.
Question - Did your car have an immobiliser? If yes, is it still easy to steal the car?
Old 10th July 2011, 12:40   #111
Team-BHP Support

If its a trouble filing FIR, then clearly confirms that even authorities may be aware of who the culprits may be. Sad to hear about this. Hope you get you beast back soon.

Last edited by ampere : 10th July 2011 at 12:44.
Old 10th July 2011, 13:35   #112
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your loss. Going by what I know of stolen vehicles of my friends, it should be recovered, although there is no time guarantee. Stolen vehicles are typically sold off, and given that it was a Tata Safari - and not something common like say a Swift / Indica / Innova - you stand a much better chance of recovering it quickly.

Stay put, and take care of the legal formalities with diligence. Good Luck!
Old 10th July 2011, 13:42   #113
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the theft. Hope you recover your vehicle soon.

Just 1 question : Had it recently gone for repairs /service?
Old 10th July 2011, 20:40   #114
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your loss LOG. SUV's seem to be very popular with car thieves and Noida is an easy hunting ground for them.
Old 10th July 2011, 21:03   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Thanks for the support fellas.

Have filed the FIR, informed the insurance company.

The worst part is; the police folks were present at the only gate (11 PM - 6 AM) for entry/exit for out sector. I felt like slapping those officers, who most probably are in collusion with the thief(s).

Very sad to hear of your loss and wish it gets resolved with a happy ending.

In all likelihood, there is active collusion between the police personnel and the car lifters who made you their target. Are you going to lodge a complaint and seek an enquiry or just accept your loss?

Seeking an enquiry will result in the enmity of the cops who are colluding with the thieves. However they may also try to deflect the heat by "recovering" the vehicle and closing the file.

Given that all this happens under the protection and patronage of the police, a happy ending generally eludes us and these buggers laugh all the way to the bank.
Old 10th July 2011, 23:54   #116
BHPian

Re: The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread

My two cents:

A single thread to such an important aspect of car ownership is not enough. A Forum, with individual threads will not only help in tracking closure of a case, but would be a big reference point for other members of this board. Can the powers that be - consider this idea and create a forum instead of merging all stolen complaint threads into one?
Fornax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 12:45   #117
BHPian

Thanks for the support and good wishes mates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@lordofgondor,

Really sad to hear the news,my friend!! I sincerely hope that you get your vehicle back.

Is any GPS fitted in your Safari? If so,please mention to the cops-it will be easier fro them top spot. Hope they will do a sincere job and get your beuaty back.Please don't lose your heart.

Best wishes,charthom.
No GPS in the truck. I'm not really pained by the loss of the truck, it's just that all our plans associated with it have been washed down the drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
very sad news indeed! I have some faith in the police. Recently, one Innova was stolen from our apt complex but it was found by the police in a few days' time. Hope the same.
Question - Did your car have an immobiliser? If yes, is it still easy to steal the car?
Yes, the truck did have an immobilizer and a gear lock and yes, it was still stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If its a trouble filing FIR, then clearly confirms that even authorities may be aware of who the culprits may be. Sad to hear about this. Hope you get you beast back soon.
The cops just kept bouncing all my requests from thana to chowki. It was only when I got angry in their face and almost called the SSP, did they lodge the FIR. Meanwhile, precious hours were lost which could have been used to trace the vehicle. How I rue not being able to get in touch with the SSP as soon as I discovered the theft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Sorry to hear about the theft. Hope you recover your vehicle soon.

Just 1 question : Had it recently gone for repairs /service?
Yes, it had gone for service on Monday (4 days before the theft) and I am inclined to think that there could be some malpractice at the dealer's workshop end. Told the cops the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Very sad to hear of your loss and wish it gets resolved with a happy ending.

In all likelihood, there is active collusion between the police personnel and the car lifters who made you their target. Are you going to lodge a complaint and seek an enquiry or just accept your loss?

Seeking an enquiry will result in the enmity of the cops who are colluding with the thieves. However they may also try to deflect the heat by "recovering" the vehicle and closing the file.

Given that all this happens under the protection and patronage of the police, a happy ending generally eludes us and these buggers laugh all the way to the bank.
I strongly share your point of view mate. Am refraining from writing my experience till the matter is solved/closed.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:09   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Yes, it had gone for service on Monday (4 days before the theft) and I am inclined to think that there could be some malpractice at the dealer's workshop end. Told the cops the same thing.
Oddly, this has been the case in many thefts in the NCR region. Many friends & colleagues have lost their vehicles (mostly SUVs, high end cars and diesel vehicles) in this manner. The pattern is too obvious to be ignored.

There exists a very strong nexus between the car lifters, the police as well as the workshops. Wish I could speak more.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:24   #119
BHPian

Re: The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread

Fellas, had a question in mind:

Do I need to do anything on the RTO front? As in, getting the original RC locked or something, so that the same registration number cannot be used/transferred to someone else?
Old 12th July 2011, 14:32   #120
BHPian

Hyundai Verna stolen in 10 mins.flat

14th June 2011.
Make, Model & Variant : Hyundai Verna CRDi 2008
Color: White
Reg.No: HR-24K-6770
Odo: 75000kms.

*Fitted with HR machined black multi spoke alloys
*Blackened B-pillars
*Slightly broken RRS tail-lamp
*Fitted with Anti-theft Remote locking, and Auto-Cop Gear Lock
*The car was in immaculate condition.

One of my cousin's from Haryana visited Delhi in his Verna CRDi. In the evening he went to one of the new mall's in Rohini and parked his car outside the mall, where hundred of other cars were also parked, instead of the basement parking in the mall itself.(His 1st Big Mistake) Time: 7.50pm

(2nd Big mistake)Forgot to engage gear lock. Casually locked the car with the remote locking and went inside the mall.

Time:8.05pm. He came out of the mall and was shocked to find his beloved car missing. Searched everywhere around, asked many people around, but no clues. Only a driver sitting in a near by parked Innova informed that he saw 2 people in a Honda City, 1 of them got down, simply unlocked the Verna and sped off. He had no other clues.

Now, this left us completely shocked. The FIR was lodged immediately and insurance company was informed. Its been almost a month now, and we have lost all hopes of getting the car back. Even if he gets it back now, we can well imagine what condition it would be. My cousin is totally heart-broken and deeply regretting not to engage the gear-lock. He cared for the car as his baby, and was famous in the whole city for its pristine condition. What still baffles is that despite being a other state car, very very scarcely used in Delhi, it was stolen in 10mins flat. It seems digestible, if it was a Delhi car, and there were chances of the keys & immobilizer being duplicated at a Service Centre or a parking lot.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 12th July 2011 at 14:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks