Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 14:35   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Oddly, this has been the case in many thefts in the NCR region. Many friends & colleagues have lost their vehicles (mostly SUVs, high end cars and diesel vehicles) in this manner. The pattern is too obvious to be ignored.

There exists a very strong nexus between the car lifters, the police as well as the workshops. Wish I could speak more.
Oh c'mon! There's always an answer to "can it get worse?"; yes, it can!

What has our society come to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Fellas, had a question in mind:

Do I need to do anything on the RTO front? As in, getting the original RC locked or something, so that the same registration number cannot be used/transferred to someone else?
That reg. no. will forever remain with your vehicle; nothing to do with RTO now.

Best of luck finding it man, really hope you do.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 17:10   #122
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna stolen in 10 mins.flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
What still baffles is that despite being a other state car, very very scarcely used in Delhi, it was stolen in 10mins flat. It seems digestible, if it was a Delhi car, and there were chances of the keys & immobilizer being duplicated at a Service Centre or a parking lot.
I can totally empathize with your cousin being a victim of a recent car theft myself. Such quick thefts of immobilizer fitted vehicles causes a grave concern. Are there "Universal" immobilizer keys circulating in the thieves market?

Thieves are staying one (or is it many!) steps ahead of any current Indian security mechanism and seeing the attitude/working of security guards & most of the cops, I guess carjacking has become an easy thing. Came to know from the cops that, just a few days ago 3 cars were stolen from an authorized parking in Noida and that too around noon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
That reg. no. will forever remain with your vehicle; nothing to do with RTO now.
The primary reason for my concern is; all documents, except the RC were there in the truck when it was stolen. Now theoretically, can't the thief have the vehicle transferred to someone else, by getting duplicate RC?

Last edited by lordofgondor : 12th July 2011 at 17:18.
lordofgondor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:16   #123
BHPian

@lordofgondor : IMO you should immediately inform the RTO in written. Even my cousin submitted a copy of FIR along with a letter to freeze the car's data, just in case the thieves copy your signature and get it transferred. It has happened & it can happen.
Old 17th July 2011, 14:07   #124
Team-BHP Support

This gets me thinking.

How safe is it giving our car washers the keys when they have to clean it from inside?

Generally, they take the keys for the entire building at one go and return it in 1-2hrs. Enough time to fool around, ain't it?

If service centres can't be trusted, how can the car washers?
Old 17th July 2011, 16:15   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This gets me thinking.

How safe is it giving our car washers the keys when they have to clean it from inside?

Generally, they take the keys for the entire building at one go and return it in 1-2hrs. Enough time to fool around, ain't it?

If service centres can't be trusted, how can the car washers?
a. Car washers are small folk. They cannot earn money this way - they are normally very poor. if one guy does something sinister - others will spill the beans on him gladly. so less chance.

as opposed to a service center where no one knows each other - no one knows where the other stays exactly etc.

b. This is why you need to use remote locking or take out time. We have underground parking but I park my vehicle on the surface in the morning when I need to get it cleaned from the inside.

@LoG and Scorpman: This is insane. Hope your respective cars are recovered asap. The Verna esp doesnt make sense, being a reasonably used car and one from out of town (HR24 is a rare RTO series within Delhi!)
Old 17th July 2011, 16:24   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
a. Car washers are small folk. They cannot earn money this way - they are normally very poor. if one guy does something sinister - others will spill the beans on him gladly. so less chance.

as opposed to a service center where no one knows each other - no one knows where the other stays exactly etc.

b. This is why you need to use remote locking or take out time. We have underground parking but I park my vehicle on the surface in the morning when I need to get it cleaned from the inside.

@LoG and Scorpman: This is insane. Hope your respective cars are recovered asap. The Verna esp doesnt make sense, being a reasonably used car and one from out of town (HR24 is a rare RTO series within Delhi!)
And mechanics at A.S.S. are not small folk? No one knows each other at A.S.S.? They wouldn't want to spill the beans about others?

Car mechanics might be just a pawn colluding with other people. Car-washers can't do that?

I'm not saying they will but again, our cars are vulnerable there. One car washer is the black sheep, gets key duplicated or whatever, keeps a track of the car's movement and flicks it. Isn't that how a lot of cars are stolen?

Don't refute something just for the sake of it.
Old 17th July 2011, 16:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And mechanics at A.S.S. are not small folk? No one knows each other at A.S.S.? They wouldn't want to spill the beans about others?

Car mechanics might be just a pawn colluding with other people. Car-washers can't do that?

I'm not saying they will but again, our cars are vulnerable there. One car washer is the black sheep, gets key duplicated or whatever, keeps a track of the car's movement and flicks it. Isn't that how a lot of cars are stolen?

Don't refute something just for the sake of it.
Dada,

Its a bit different.

a. I've never had a maid who doesn't gossip about other maids and these car cleaners. I've always had one maid tell about the other having left us - on the day she joined work at the new place. These guys are normally piss poor, less articulate and cannot hide.

They are always working where you can catch them - unlike a mechanic - where your car key is touched by anyone from the guy who:
- parks it to begin with
- changes engine oil
- parks it in the workshop floor
- the guy who actually services it
- the guy who takes it for alignment
- the guy who washes it from outside
- the guy who does the final cleaning from inside.

You only know the service advisor's name and the mechanic. Compare with the car cleaner who is one known entity and is typically the first one to be hauled up by the police.

b. On the other hand, many service center mechanics often do some work on the side, try for tips (and get a few possibly), are a fair bit more read/sophisticated, and will often be wearing clothes/carrying phones better than what they can afford (which are often bought used). who knows whether its bought used or bought new with ill gotten money!!

And I'm not saying you're completely wrong or such - just put forth my points. why get riled up instead of thinking of the perspective of what I've written?

I'm not saying one class is honorable other is dishonorable - just saying one is under close peer/owner monitoring, the other is not. imho. reality raam jaane yaar.

Last edited by phamilyman : 17th July 2011 at 16:55.
Old 18th July 2011, 15:46   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
(HR24 is a rare RTO series within Delhi!)
HR-24 doesn't belong to Delhi. Its a Haryana registration.
Old 18th July 2011, 15:48   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
HR-24 doesn't belong to Delhi. Its a Haryana registration.
Exactly. Its sirsa, right?

I just meant that HR24 vehicles are very rarely seen in Delhi, so stealing such a vehicle makes them much more liable for discovery - unlike lifting a HR26 car
Old 26th July 2011, 19:10   #130
BHPian

A red pulsar 150 stolen yesterday

Hi,
My friend lost his bike yesterday from crawford market area in mumbai, it was red color 2008 model 150cc. We have already registered the complaint at the police station there. The bike registration no. mh-01-af-4975. If anybody has any clue, where to look out and what to do to get it back, please help as soon as possible.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:51   #131
Senior - BHPian

Desideep's (Amber Goyal) Pulsar 220 STOLEN from Gurgaon !!!

Regret to infrom all that my Pulsar 220 got stolen this morning. It was parked outside my residence at Sec-17, Gurgaon. Very recently I got projector fitted in the front light.

Following are the details of the bike:
Model: Bajaj Pulsar 220 (Street Fighter)
Registration Number: PB 03V 4864
Registration Year: 2010
Color: Wine Red
Stolen from: Sec - 17, Gurgaon

Kindly get the word out.
Any info/help will be much appreciated, for you can reach me at 9910337897.
Old 27th July 2011, 13:19   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Desideep's (Amber Goyal) Pulsar 220 STOLEN from Gurgaon !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Regret to infrom all that my Pulsar 220 got stolen this morning. It was parked outside my residence at Sec-17, Gurgaon. Very recently I got projector fitted in the front light.

Following are the details of the bike:
Model: Bajaj Pulsar 220 (Street Fighter)
Registration Number: PB 03V 4864
Registration Year: 2010
Color: Wine Red
Stolen from: Sec - 17, Gurgaon

Kindly get the word out.
Any info/help will be much appreciated, for you can reach me at 9910337897.
Saved.
Will keep an eye out for it sir!
Old 27th July 2011, 13:40   #133
BHPian

Really sad to hear it. hope you had done the FIR by now. wish you get the bike back without any hassle.

Had you left the key in bike by any chance, or was it broke open and taken away?
Old 27th July 2011, 13:48   #134
BHPian

Sorry to hear that buddy. Please register the FIR ASAP. I believe Sector-17 falls under the police station on Mehrauli road.

Have you got the original RC and both the keys with you ?
Old 27th July 2011, 13:52   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Noted down the number and will keep an eye on all the Pulsar's i see. Did you lodge a complaint with Police? Did they register a FIR?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks