Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 19:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki swift Car Stolen - 15-4-11 , Coimbatore

AFAIK, the car with an immobiliser cannot be started without the original key. or the they should have the keynumber of your key to repogram the immobiliser. which can only be done by your dealer.

Most probably the car is towed away and may be scrapped for parts. A chop shop may be? Sorry. Are there any other vehicle related robbery reported in the same neighbour hood?
Old 18th April 2011, 19:34   #77

Quote:
Most probably the car is towed away and may be scrapped for parts. A chop shop may be? Sorry. Are there any other vehicle related robbery reported in the same neighbour hood?
Nope... No previous car theft incidents in this place. My friend is using the space for quite many years.. This could, in fact be the first such incident in NSR road.
I'm living in the next road, and not to my knowledge, has there been any incidents in this area..

The exact parking area is posted here... For people from Coimbatore, it stands opposite to the Airtel showroom in NSR Road.
Attached Thumbnails
The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread-swift-parked.jpg  

The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread-swift.jpg  

Old 18th April 2011, 19:44   #78
Senior - BHPian

A car with immobiliser cannot be started without the original key/duplicate key and no bank in this world keeps one key with them during a loan. Hog. Seems like 99% the dealer is involved.

File a police case against all suspected parties. Some police ka dandas should get things out.

Last edited by humyum : 18th April 2011 at 19:48.
Old 18th April 2011, 19:48   #79
BHPian

@MadhanBabu, how long since the car was purchased from the dealer.
Did your friend get all the original papers from the dealer.
As others have mentioned, the bank does not hold the car key. The dealer is spinning stories.
Old 18th April 2011, 19:54   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
Not sure if the LXI/LDI variants come with the immobilizer - without which it makes the job much easier
Very sad to hear that the car is stolen, Yes all cars I repeat all cars even though low end varient are having I Cat system installed by the manufecturer.
Best thing to do is pull that dealer out of his office along with police and ask police to do their WORK. at police station , as per version it looks clear that dealer is involved,
Please dont do any bashing up of dealer in fit of anger on your own or else you will be in trouble.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th April 2011 at 13:48. Reason: Incorrect advice for a public forum. Please do not repeat. Thanks!
Old 18th April 2011, 20:15   #81
BHPian

I am quite surprised to hear that cars with immobilizer cannot be started without original keys. It can be done, that too within 15 mins!
If you don't believe me read this: Police bust a gang of luxury car thieves
The article is from 2004. Recently one LC and one Patrol was stolen from their parking spots in Dubai. One had a souvenir left for the owner, a flat head screw driver!

Only way to keep your car safe is to make it hard for the thugs to steal the car. Put various measures to delay the entire process. Fix a kill switch at a hidden location. You may suffer some damage, but you may still have your car parked at the same spot.
Old 18th April 2011, 20:36   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar.runs View Post
I am quite surprised to hear that cars with immobilizer cannot be started without original keys. It can be done, that too within 15 mins!
If you don't believe me read this: Police bust a gang of luxury car thieves
The article is from 2004. Recently one LC and one Patrol was stolen from their parking spots in Dubai. One had a souvenir left for the owner, a flat head screw driver!

Only way to keep your car safe is to make it hard for the thugs to steal the car. Put various measures to delay the entire process. Fix a kill switch at a hidden location. You may suffer some damage, but you may still have your car parked at the same spot.
Boss recently, for the last 1 month I am parking my one car on the road outside the building due to building repaires, First thing I did was brought a car cover with buckle at the bottom, Now with this cover it atleastakes some time to remove the cover and then start his work for the Chor.
It may be my imagination but then there is self satisfaction, What others say about this methedology.
Old 18th April 2011, 21:45   #83
BANNED

@ madhanbabu

Who is that used car dealer in coimbatore? Pm me if you cannot reveal in public. But most used car dealers are king in marketing, actually they would have got only one key from previous owner, but they may say much stories to make you buy.

mostly this car would not have gone to scrap market, it would have gone to kerala, since its craze for red and modified car in kerala, its easier to cross border by walayar. lots of brokers are there to get an RC book from an scrapped swift.

Last edited by rajivanoj : 18th April 2011 at 21:47.
Old 11th May 2011, 23:59   #84
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread

Stolen: Honda Unicorn Black color
Location last parked: Church street, opp KC Das Parking area
Date: 11-May-2011 between 6-830 pm

My bro n law's bike, initially thought maybe cops might have taken it, had my doubts since it was parked in a designated parking area. Went to 3 police stations searching, still no sign.

Plan to file report tomorrow at Cubbon Park police station as suggested by the cops.
Old 12th May 2011, 07:18   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
Stolen: Honda Unicorn Black color
Location last parked: Church street, opp KC Das Parking area
Date: 11-May-2011 between 6-830 pm

My bro n law's bike, initially thought maybe cops might have taken it, had my doubts since it was parked in a designated parking area. Went to 3 police stations searching, still no sign.

Plan to file report tomorrow at Cubbon Park police station as suggested by the cops.
Arghh breaking regular jurisdiction vehicle was dropped at Commercial street police station by those idiots. False alarm!!!
Old 9th July 2011, 08:47   #86
BHPian

Calling BHPians for help, car stolen - Pearl White Tata Safari (VX 4x4 UP 16 AE 1566)

Hey fellas, my Tata Safari Pear White VX 4x4, Reg. No. UP 16 AE 1566 has been stolen in wee hours of today morning. Calling all BHPians, if you spot a Pearl White Safari with this Reg. No. please call me at 09810218196/09999130039.

Stolen from NOIDA, Sec 15
Old 9th July 2011, 09:01   #87
v&v
Senior - BHPian

re: Calling BHPians for help, car stolen - Pearl White Tata Safari (VX 4x4 UP 16 AE 1566)

Sad to hear about it. Do share any unique customisation like alloy , lights ect which is easy to identify and a pic too. Seems like safari too are getting easy target. VX means with immobilizer too, still gone !
Old 9th July 2011, 09:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

re: Calling BHPians for help, car stolen - Pearl White Tata Safari (VX 4x4 UP 16 AE 1566)

damn that's horrible. Please share pics unique identification (accessories or dings) etc.
Old 9th July 2011, 09:09   #89
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

really bad news
have you filed an FIR immediately?
please do so, so that you can get the insurance guys on the job
Old 9th July 2011, 09:09   #90
dot
Senior - BHPian

I can only imagine what you must be going through right now. Hope you get the Safari back. I hope police has been informed.

Most Viewed